dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
13 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

YES ! YES !!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Just got the Interview letter (P4)  via email  - March 14th at the US embassy in Japan - CC on 2/3.  Scan date was 11/28 (my third)

TKYHNL

Awesome!! *high fives* Congratulations!

12/16/2015 Married

USCIS

06/15/2016 Priority mailed I-130

06/17/2016 Was delivered

06/22/2016 NOA1 via text and email

​06/27/2016 NOA1 Hardcopy received

08/11/2016 NOA2 Hardcopy (Approved!)

NVC

10/06/2016 Case received

10/19/2016 Case & Invoice number assigned

10/20/2016 Filled out DS-261

10/23/2016 Paid AOS fee

10/28/2016 IV Invoice

10/31/2016 Paid IV fee

11/10/2016 DS-260 Complete

11/16/2016 AOS & IV Packets sent

11/17/2016 NVC received AOS & IV packets

11/18/2016 Scan date

Hello everyone! 

So my scan date is 12/23 and this week we have just entered 7 weeks at NVC so we should be up for supervisor review. No 3 N/A's or cc for us still. I have two questions (I am the beneficiary, husband is USC):

(1) I would like to ask the regular VJers here if they could possibly provide a fearless forecast as to when I might possibly have an interview scheduled if I get a March case complete. I am not entirely sure how but there seems to be a matrix you guys sometimes talk about to predict interview schedules based on date of cc (end of the month? beginning of the month?). If I get the cc in March is it possible to have an April interview at all, or will it be realistically in May? I will be having the interview at the Tokyo Embassy.

(2) Another thing I want to ask is: how receptive is the NVC when it comes to expedite appeals, and how much time does that shed off the regular waiting time? I am officially quitting my teaching job in March (end of the schoolyear here in Japan) and will not be renewing for another schoolyear for obvious reasons. However, once I quit my job in March I will only have until end of May to stay here, after which my work visa will be revoked. Will that be a sufficient reason for them to speed up our process? I can go back to the Philippines after that but I'm wondering how easily they can re-route my documents from Tokyo to Manila (I have a Tokyo case number code, TKY). 

Hope somebody can enlighten me on these. Thank you so much!!!

USCIS Timeline

09-13-2016: ___________ I-130 Mailed to Chicago Lockbox from Japan

09-21-2016: ___________ NOA1

10-27-2016: ___________ NOA2

11-07-2016: ___________ Case sent to NVC

NVC Timeline   

11-14-2016: ___________ Case received by NVC

11-21-2016: ___________ Case number and IIN assigned

11-23-2016: ___________ DS-261 completed online

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

12-04-2016: ___________ DS-260 completed online

12-19-2016: ___________ AOS and IV packets mailed to NVC

12-23-2016: ___________ Scan Date

02-08-2017: ___________ Escalated to supervisor review

02-27-2017: ___________ Review Department
03-06-2017: ___________ Case Complete (10 weeks from Scan Date)

Interview and US Timeline 

03-13-2017: ___________ Interview date found out by calling NVC

03-16-2017: ___________ Interview letter received

03-21-2017: ___________ Medical Exam in Tokyo

04-03-2017: ___________ Interview in Tokyo (APPROVED!!!) 
04-05-2017: ___________ Passport with immigrant visa stamp received in the mail
04-25-2017: ___________ POE (LAX)

05-15-2017: ___________ Green Card in the mail (20 days after POE)

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)
06-06-2017: ___________ Social Security Card (with number) in the mail 

ROC Timeline

03-19-2019: ___________ I-751 delivered at USCIS Phoenix

03-21-2019: ___________ Check cashed

03-22-2019: ___________ Text notification of Receipt Number

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

Sometime in April: _____ Missed Biometrics appointment (never got the letter)

08-05-2019: ___________ Rescheduled Biometrics appointment

08-09.2019: ___________ Notified USCIS of address change

08-21-2019: ___________ Case status "Ready to Schedule Your Interview"

16 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

YES ! YES !!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Just got the Interview letter (P4)  via email  - March 14th at the US embassy in Japan - CC on 2/3.  Scan date was 11/28 (my third)

TKYHNL

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) 

USCIS Timeline

NVC Timeline   

11-26-2016: ___________ AOS fee unlocked and paid / welcome email from NVC received

11-30-2016: ___________ IV fee unlocked and paid / barcoded cover sheets for AOS and IV received

05-24-2017: ___________ Filed for social security number at a physical office (21 working days after POE as per their policy)

ROC Timeline

03-26-2019: ___________ Form 797 (NOA) and extension letter received in the mail

1 hour ago, thegreatphoenix said:

Hello everyone! 

So my scan date is 12/23 and this week we have just entered 7 weeks at NVC so we should be up for supervisor review. No 3 N/A's or cc for us still. I have two questions (I am the beneficiary, husband is USC):

(1) I would like to ask the regular VJers here if they could possibly provide a fearless forecast as to when I might possibly have an interview scheduled if I get a March case complete. I am not entirely sure how but there seems to be a matrix you guys sometimes talk about to predict interview schedules based on date of cc (end of the month? beginning of the month?). If I get the cc in March is it possible to have an April interview at all, or will it be realistically in May? I will be having the interview at the Tokyo Embassy.

(2) Another thing I want to ask is: how receptive is the NVC when it comes to expedite appeals, and how much time does that shed off the regular waiting time? I am officially quitting my teaching job in March (end of the schoolyear here in Japan) and will not be renewing for another schoolyear for obvious reasons. However, once I quit my job in March I will only have until end of May to stay here, after which my work visa will be revoked. Will that be a sufficient reason for them to speed up our process? I can go back to the Philippines after that but I'm wondering how easily they can re-route my documents from Tokyo to Manila (I have a Tokyo case number code, TKY). 

1) Embassies tell the NVC their interview availability at the beginning of each month, so they tend to schedule interviews in the first couple of weeks, then run out and have to wait until the next month. So if you get a case complete in early March, assuming Tokyo isn't a super long waiting embassy (I have no idea), then April is possible. For Tokyo specific info you should look at the big list of timelines whereever it is to see who else from Tokyo interviewed recently

2) Doubtful that is sufficient. Expedites are for things like "I have cancer" or something, not just that you are quitting work and a visa will expire. You could also choose not to quit. You can try but it's doubtful. I've also heard even when they are expedited, that really is only talking about the Embassy booking your interview for you which makes that wait quicker. I don't think it speeds up the NVC.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 hour ago, thegreatphoenix said:

Hello everyone! 

I wouldn't quit your job.  The timing of the Visa is really unpredictable at this point and having to leave the country or changing embassies might just slow things down.  Japanese public schools have a break in July right after Ocean Day of about 6 weeks.   That might also be a good time to leave.

10 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

I wouldn't quit your job.  The timing of the Visa is really unpredictable at this point and having to leave the country or changing embassies might just slow things down.  Japanese public schools have a break in July right after Ocean Day of about 6 weeks.   That might also be a good time to leave.

I would agree. My wife left her job back in June. It's been incredibly hard for her waiting around for now 7 months. She didn't have a choice really (It was either leave then and take a big payout, or leave later but without any money), but if she could have continued on she would have.

17 minutes ago, Samuelelbu1990 said:

Is it normal to have only 1 N/A? What does that even mean?

Screenshot_20170207-200911.png

Were you mail or electronic processing?

3 N/A's typically means your case is complete. You can call to confirm.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
9 minutes ago, bcking said:

Were you mail or electronic processing?

3 N/A's typically means your case is complete. You can call to confirm.

I am doing Electronic Processing. And I only have 1 N/A under the AOS Fee which had the word "PAID" yesterday!

That means you should be CC, congrats! Man electronic processing is so much quicker it is crazy. You'd think it would just go in the queue with all the mail somehow. Lucky you!

1 minute ago, Samuelelbu1990 said:
2 minutes ago, Samuelelbu1990 said:

I am doing Electronic Processing. And I only have 1 N/A under the AOS Fee which had the word "PAID" yesterday!

2 hours ago, bcking said:

1) Embassies tell the NVC their interview availability at the beginning of each month, so they tend to schedule interviews in the first couple of weeks, then run out and have to wait until the next month. So if you get a case complete in early March, assuming Tokyo isn't a super long waiting embassy (I have no idea), then April is possible. For Tokyo specific info you should look at the big list of timelines whereever it is to see who else from Tokyo interviewed recently

2) Doubtful that is sufficient. Expedites are for things like "I have cancer" or something, not just that you are quitting work and a visa will expire. You could also choose not to quit. You can try but it's doubtful. I've also heard even when they are expedited, that really is only talking about the Embassy booking your interview for you which makes that wait quicker. I don't think it speeds up the NVC.

I see. I read somewhere that it only resets the supervisor review at the NVC when someone requests an expedite, but I'm not so sure since I read other conflicting info. In any case, I agree--nobody's dying so it seems like an expedite attempt won't do much. Thank you for your input!

1 hour ago, TokyoHNL said:

I thought about quitting during summer break, too, but I don't want to hurt my job record as a teacher by quitting in the middle of the schoolyear since I intend to continue being a teacher in the US and I need a stellar job reference/record. Thank you for your input! Good luck on the interview!

1 hour ago, bcking said:

I would agree. My wife left her job back in June. It's been incredibly hard for her waiting around for now 7 months. She didn't have a choice really (It was either leave then and take a big payout, or leave later but without any money), but if she could have continued on she would have.

I can just imagine what your wife must be feeling, being idle and helpless for 7 months. I hope you guys move forward with your process sooner rather than later. Thank you for your input!

USCIS Timeline

NVC Timeline   

ROC Timeline

Congrats Samuel!

I have a question.  Me and the wife are on week 8.  I know everyone is experiencing long wait times.  I was hoping her arrival would be sooner to help look after my father, of course with her agreement and limitations, who's been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer almost a year ago.  

Sooner than later, I may start burning through my leave time at work.  Is it worth looking into expediting?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The waiting is ridiculous. We need to do something if there is something we can. My scan date is Jan 5 and i am already out of patience. ]

This Quote from NVC from November 2016 - 

Q. Previously, NVC required 60 days to review the civil and financial documents. NVC now requires only 30 days to review these documents. If the review period goes beyond 30 days, at what point would it be appropriate to follow up on the status of the case?

RESPONSE: The average document review time period is still 30 days. NVC’s goal for document review is 10 work days. If you have submitted your civil and financial documents and haven’t been contacted by the NVC at the 45-day mark, you should send an e-mail to NVCattorney@state.gov. In order to prevent processing delays, we encourage you to submit all of the documents for a case in a single package.

4 minutes ago, Gabby09 said:

The waiting is ridiculous. We need to do something if there is something we can. My scan date is Jan 5 and i am already out of patience. ]

This Quote from NVC from November 2016 - 

Q. Previously, NVC required 60 days to review the civil and financial documents. NVC now requires only 30 days to review these documents. If the review period goes beyond 30 days, at what point would it be appropriate to follow up on the status of the case?

RESPONSE: The average document review time period is still 30 days. NVC’s goal for document review is 10 work days. If you have submitted your civil and financial documents and haven’t been contacted by the NVC at the 45-day mark, you should send an e-mail to NVCattorney@state.gov. In order to prevent processing delays, we encourage you to submit all of the documents for a case in a single package.

I am on week 7. I might try emailing them at that address you noted. Would you know if they specified further what to include in the email? Is it a request for immediate supervisor review, or just a general "hello what's taking you so long, hurry up!" message? 

USCIS Timeline

NVC Timeline   

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.