dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

YES ! YES !!! YESSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

Just got the Interview letter (P4)  via email  - March 14th at the US embassy in Japan - CC on 2/3.  Scan date was 11/28 (my third)

TKYHNL

Yay congrats :dance:

Thanks for scan info too ^_^

7 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

Just got the Interview letter (P4)  via email  - March 14th at the US embassy in Japan - CC on 2/3.  Scan date was 11/28 (my third)

TKYHNL

Yessssssss!!! You've been waiting so long - congratulations!!!!!!!!! That makes my heart sing!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
7 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Yessssssss!!! You've been waiting so long - congratulations!!!!!!!!! That makes my heart sing!

Thank you !  I was so excited I couldn't sleep at all last night..... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
40 minutes ago, ny2017 said:

NVC confirmed they had received my case, but no case number or IIN yet. How long should I expect for this?

One week sometimes two .

8 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

TKYHNL

Whoo Hoo!! Congratulations. :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

TKYHNL

Congrats!!:) Glad you got march interview!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

TKYHNL

Congrats man!  Long wait has come to an end and will pay off soon :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
9 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

TKYHNL

Wow - that is great!!! Congrats!

/S

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

I love visa journey.. everyone just gets so stoked for one another when someone gets a CC. You all rock my world. I don't think i could do it without all the people here <3 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
2 hours ago, AMINE1980 said:

One week sometimes two .

1 week, tops 2 weeks, more than likely before 2nd week. Keep calling them thou... Good luck.

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Called again, talked to a supervisor this time.  The same thing over and over... I've written to my congresswoman, written to the white house..  I am now in my 11th week.  I will give them 14 weeks total (2 weeks after the 12 week mark), after which I am filing a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit against every high level official out there...  Someone needs to notice this stuff, it's ridiculous. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/3/2017 at 7:14 PM, IA0217 said:

Hi, I also requested for a supervisor to call back and that Rep asked me for best time and number to reach.

Honestly, I feel like they all read a same written script to us that's ridiculous!!

@IA0217 I think you're absolutely right!

On 2/3/2017 at 9:19 PM, Fost04mach said:

I've called again today... conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Ok, today 4 weeks have passed since it went into supervisor review, starting the 5th week... and 4th week since it's been in the review department.  What happens when the 6 weeks of 'supervisor review' are up?"
NVC Rep: "we escalate it"
Me:  "to whom?  who's above the supervisors, secretary of state?"
NVC Rep: "Well, no, we escalate it to the supervisors again..."
Me:  "And how long does that take?"
NVC Rep: "Up to 6 weeks..."

You can't make this up... 

@Fost04mach That's exactly what I was told! After supervisor review, it gets flagged for supervisor review again.... Do they really think it's some kind of joke!?

On 2/6/2017 at 5:00 AM, Lion Star said:

I am from Pakistan, NVC has received our Documents on 1st December, 2016. My wife called them every week from USA, last week lady from NVC  told my wife your case is at supervisor Desk. This week my wife called them again, now lady from NVC told my wife your documents didn't reach at supervisor desk, documents are still in review department. We can't understand this, please answer me if someone is waiting for NVC approval since December or November?

@Lion Star I think I only about 2  December scan dates with CC... But if I recall correctly, they were electronic processing, so their timelines are much shorter than ours, who do mail filing.

10 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

TKYHNL

@TokyoHNL Congrats buddy, the long wait is almost over :) Really happy for you!

4 hours ago, ny2017 said:

NVC confirmed they had received my case, but no case number or IIN yet. How long should I expect for this?

@ny2017 I think about 1 week, maybe 2... You'll also get an e-mail as well

22 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

I think we're on this guy's desk:

OMG :jest: I think you just described it perfectly! . . . . . . 29THD03 

Edited by Mr&MrsKhiladi

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

Called again, talked to a supervisor this time.  The same thing over and over... I've written to my congresswoman, written to the white house..  I am now in my 11th week.  I will give them 14 weeks total (2 weeks after the 12 week mark), after which I am filing a Writ of Mandamus lawsuit against every high level official out there...  Someone needs to notice this stuff, it's ridiculous. 

I am sorry . I feel your frustration . My PD was March 29th and the case was approved on December 9th after EIGHT freaking months no RFEs. I thought NVC process will be MUCH faster  but, looking at what everyone is going through I don't think we are getting case complete until April if that. 

My scan date is January 18th bytheway. When I called to get the scan date the rep was like " It can take up to six weeks but, it won't be that long " I am thinking to myself is he serious right now ? The " within six weeks " .time frame should be out the window . ITS A JOKE !

I will pray for your case complete and everyone else. I wish they would work OT or hire more people or something to get these cases completed :(

2 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

I am sorry . I feel your frustration . My PD was March 29th and the case was approved on December 9th after EIGHT freaking months no RFEs. I thought NVC process will be MUCH faster  but, looking at what everyone is going through I don't think we are getting case complete until April if that. 

My scan date is January 18th bytheway. When I called to get the scan date the rep was like " It can take up to six weeks but, it won't be that long " I am thinking to myself is he serious right now ? The " within six weeks " .time frame should be out the window . ITS A JOKE !

I will pray for your case complete and everyone else. I wish they would work OT or hire more people or something to get these cases completed :(

I've told them on the phone that I have heard from other people who aren't quite as far along that they are still quoting "up to 6 weeks" for people from the outset. I asked them how could they do that when they know most people are taking 10-11. They had no answer.

They also said they can't change the website (where it actually says 4 weeks!) without some higher up approval that they have either asked for but haven't gotten, or aren't bothering to ask for.

The problem is, when all is said and done, we can get angry about it but I'm not really sure what power we have. We can just complain but they are under no obligation (that I know of) to be more efficient (or honest for that matter). What is going to happen to them? Essentially nothing.

Edited by bcking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, bcking said:

I've told them on the phone that I have heard from other people who aren't quite as far along that they are still quoting "up to 6 weeks" for people from the outset. I asked them how could they do that when they know most people are taking 10-11. They had no answer.

They also said they can't change the website (where it actually says 4 weeks!) without some higher up approval that they have either asked for but haven't gotten, or aren't bothering to ask for.

The problem is, when all is said and done, we can get angry about it but I'm not really sure what power we have. We can just complain but they are under no obligation (that I know of) to be more efficient (or honest for that matter). What is going to happen to them? Essentially nothing.

You're right. Sadly they WON'T change anything and we CAN'T change it either.

" Its the process " " you have to be patience " "speaking to a supervisor won't expedite your case " I have heard all of those before and more. We just gotta suck it up, wait for someone to pick our files and review it. Well... if thats how it works as "supervisor review" is a dang on FLAG next to the case and no one actually reviewing the case smh.... :(

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.