dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Slution said:

12/1 NVC received mail

1/23 Supervisor review

I didnt do the scan like everyone else because the confusing about the size limit, anyone mailed their document around December and got CC?

Most of us did send in mail. When we say our "scan date" that is the date that the NVC states they received the mail. So your scan date is 12/1.

My scan date is 11/28, no news yet

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
1 hour ago, Slution said:

12/1 NVC received mail

1/23 Supervisor review

I didnt do the scan like everyone else because the confusing about the size limit, anyone mailed their document around December and got CC?

I've only seen a couple here. One was the 5th and the other the 19th, i think.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
8 minutes ago, bcking said:

Most of us did send in mail. When we say our "scan date" that is the date that the NVC states they received the mail. So your scan date is 12/1.

My scan date is 11/28, no news yet

Thank you for clarifying it, I am new here, took me a while to understand all the abbreviations, hope we all gets CC soon

Timeline
3 hours ago, norieyora said:

Scan Date: Dec 22nd, Supervisor review: Feb 3rd

How often do you call NVC to check updates? 

Exact same dates as you. I've resolved to only call twice in a week now, Mondays and perhaps Thursday. Called today; no updates. Fingers crossed on Thursday, i'm staying positive.

1 minute ago, TeeA10 said:

Exact same dates as you. I've resolved to only call twice in a week now, Mondays and perhaps Thursday. Called today; no updates. Fingers crossed on Thursday, i'm staying positive.

At this point I call Mon/Wed/Friday. Initially it was just once a week, then twice a week. I think i started 3 times per week last week when I got to 9 weeks in. Now I'm 10 weeks in.

EDIT:

I would call a lot less frequently if everyone on the phone said the same thing, and I've told them that. Some people will say certain things "You document was put in the review department on this date", and others will deny having access to that information. Then makes me question BOTH of them (was the date a lie? Or was the person saying they can't see the date lying?). Since I question both, I call more since I always wonder what if I get someone who is more forthcoming than previous people. 

Edited by bcking

Timeline
Just now, bcking said:

At this point I call Mon/Wed/Friday. Initially it was just once a week, then twice a week. I think i started 3 times per week last week when I got to 9 weeks in. Now I'm 10 weeks in.

Makes sense, hope you get CC soon.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 hours ago, LuisAna said:

I know! 

I'm also scan date the 25th of Nov with supervisor review Jan 9th and still nothing!! We are probably in the same dept! ☹️

I think we're on this guy's desk:

27 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

I think we're on this guy's desk:

OMGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS ON THE FLOOR LAUGHING! 

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
30 minutes ago, bcking said:

EDIT:

I would call a lot less frequently if everyone on the phone said the same thing, and I've told them that. Some people will say certain things "You document was put in the review department on this date", and others will deny having access to that information. Then makes me question BOTH of them (was the date a lie? Or was the person saying they can't see the date lying?). Since I question both, I call more since I always wonder what if I get someone who is more forthcoming than previous people. 

I know, all the reps I have talked to told me different stories and I dont know what to believe....*sigh*

10 weeks of waiting should be horrible.. I hope people with Nov scan date gets CC asap.

When was your document put in review department? 

31 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

I called last friday and a very nice rep apologized for the delay and told me it will be sent to supervisor review as its been 6 weeks already, but he also told me that the supervisor review could take up to 6 weeks :(  I will call again Thursday or Friday.

2 minutes ago, norieyora said:

I know, all the reps I have talked to told me different stories and I dont know what to believe....*sigh*

10 weeks of waiting should be horrible.. I hope people with Nov scan date gets CC asap.

When was your document put in review department? 

I called last friday and a very nice rep apologized for the delay and told me it will be sent to supervisor review as its been 6 weeks already, but he also told me that the supervisor review could take up to 6 weeks :(  I will call again Thursday or Friday.

My original scan date was actually in September. Took 10 weeks to get it reviewed the first time. Our checklist was for a slightly different birth certificate.

On Friday the woman told me my document was "put in the review department" the day after the supervisor review. Someone else last week told me "2 weeks ago". The person today told me "I don't have that information". I've also had 2 people say it is being "actively reviewed in the review department", to which i responded "So it will be done today then?" and then they said "No not necessarily", to which I asked "Well they only have to review a single page document, since I've been told the rest of the case is done so how would that take longer than a day?" and they then said "Oh well it may not be actually looked at today"...."Then why did you say actively?"

Perfect example of their "transparency" :)

Edited by bcking

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
15 minutes ago, bcking said:

My original scan date was actually in September. Took 10 weeks to get it reviewed the first time. Our checklist was for a slightly different birth certificate.

On Friday the woman told me my document was "put in the review department" the day after the supervisor review. Someone else last week told me "2 weeks ago". The person today told me "I don't have that information". I've also had 2 people say it is being "actively reviewed in the review department", to which i responded "So it will be done today then?" and then they said "No not necessarily", to which I asked "Well they only have to review a single page document, since I've been told the rest of the case is done so how would that take longer than a day?" and they then said "Oh well it may not be actually looked at today"...."Then why did you say actively?"

Perfect example of their "transparency" :)

I've ran into their version of alternative facts as well... I think their direction is really "we're really backed up and have no idea what we're doing, so whatever you tell them on the phone, sugar coat it so that it sounds more optimistic, we don't want people raising a stink"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.