dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
5 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

Supervisor review seems to be a status to let someone know that the initial 6 weeks are up.I think document review means that someone may look at it soon.   Hopefully you'll have some good news soon

Aloha TokyoHNL..hoping to get CC soon NVC stage is frustrating?

On 2/3/2017 at 11:11 PM, LilyAR said:

Congratulations! Been cheering and following you on the blog! So happy for you two! One of the main concerns my husband and I have are is wether to fly into Juárez or El Paso and taxi across. Let me know of your experience. Also how early before your appointment are you arriving in Juarez? Additionally I already know my husband will not be allowed in the Consulate, but is there a waiting area in the Consulate? I appreciate any input. 

First of all, if you decide to fly into El Paso and then drive across the border (which, for me, looked much cheaper than flying into Juarez directly), I recommend checking in with Sergio from Amigo Shuttles (amigoshuttle@gmail.com). He has been bringing people across the border for years and just needs to know 24 hours in advance - I think he charges $75? I'm sure there are many other taxi options though, too!

My husband is from Puerto Vallarta. For me, it's actually cheapest that I fly to PV, we take a bus to Guadalajara, and then a plane to CDJ. 

There is no waiting inside the consulate, but there is a section outside for familes to wait that has many tables and chairs. Remember that it's pretty chilly in the mornings (I mean, not compared to where I live in Minnesota, but still), so if your husband decides to wait outside, he should definitely bring warm clothes since he will be waiting for most likely up to two hours. 

Because we were able to snatch up a cancelled appointment, our timing in Juarez will not be very fun :( We will arrive on Wednesday, go to the consulate to print the appointment letter on Thursday (we never received ours but you can have it printed at the information window), medical on Friday, biometrics on Saturday, consulate is closed Sunday and Monday for a holiday so we will do nothing, then Tuesday is our interview at 7:00 AM!!! We will then hop on a plane back to our city that afternon. Again, normally you can get this all done in three to four days, but because we had to take whatever was available, our length of stay in Juarez is one week.

Edited by afortunada

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

On 2/4/2017 at 0:02 PM, Ahmed & Amy said:

Welcome to the thread. 

My scan date is Dec/29. Almost right behind you. 

Hopefully we'll have CC soon. Good Luck to you :)

Hopefully we will get the cc this month!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Hi, 

I'm preparing my NVC package, everything is completed. I have one question, I have two checklist one from the $325 fee and another one from the $120 fee. Do I need to fill them both out and send them? Seems like they are just duplicates. Thanks

Are the checklist separated by person?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
On 2/4/2017 at 2:09 PM, Kcaoagas said:

Aloha TokyoHNL..hoping to get CC soon NVC stage is frustrating?

It certainly is - good luck with your case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am from Pakistan, NVC has received our Documents on 1st December, 2016. My wife called them every week from USA, last week lady from NVC  told my wife your case is at supervisor Desk. This week my wife called them again, now lady from NVC told my wife your documents didn't reach at supervisor desk, documents are still in review department. We can't understand this, please answer me if someone is waiting for NVC approval since December or November?

Filed: Timeline
20 minutes ago, Lion Star said:

I am from Pakistan, NVC has received our Documents on 1st December, 2016. My wife called them every week from USA, last week lady from NVC  told my wife your case is at supervisor Desk. This week my wife called them again, now lady from NVC told my wife your documents didn't reach at supervisor desk, documents are still in review department. We can't understand this, please answer me if someone is waiting for NVC approval since December or November?

Yes, they are working on November 27-28 mostly. We are all waiting.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

1 hour ago, Lion Star said:

When 6 weeks are up, it is put on "supervisor review". That name is poorly chosen, as the supervisor will not be reviewing it. All it means is that the supervisor for the department that would handle your case (I don't know how the departments are split up but I assume geographically) was "notified" that the case was late. Since essentially all cases are taking longer than 6 weeks, it doesn't really do anything since the supervisor can't make their department work any faster and they need to finish the ones they have ahead of you.

Then at some point your case will be moved to that department. Doesn't necessarily happen at 6 weeks because if the department is still full, they won't call for it. Some people on the phone will give you a date for that move, but others will tell you they have no way of knowing that (which makes you wonder if the people who give you a date are lying, or is the person who tells you they don't know?).

Once it's in the review department it still has to wait "its turn" to be reviewed. When you ask them they tell you cases are reviewed in the order they receive the mail. Now there are people getting cases completed with December scan dates, while some of us in November still have not. When I've brought that up with them they say "Well I can't speak to that" or "We can't talk about other cases because it violates privacy". All I can guess is that each department works at its own pace so potentially one geographic region/department has moved on to December while others are still in November. I don't know if that is true.

As far as I can tell the only time a supervisor will actually review it themselves is after 12 weeks, or in some unique circumstances where they will pull up your case. I've heard of people getting a checklist beacuse the NVC lost paperwork. In those cases I believe the supervisor will personally look. Or if you just get lucky.

Just now, Fost04mach said:

Hope they haven't skipped the 25th... :(

I've tried to get someone to provide clarity for why the dates aren't always in order. No one wants to answer the question. I've lead them into corners and then they get defensive about it.

Most likely your department is just not yet to the 25th, but another department may be up to the 28th, and yet another department may be in early December. How they separate departments is anyone's guess. I feel like most individual countries wouldn't be big enough to have their own department, so we have no way of really comparing unless there are other people from the same country (though even that I guess would be an assumption....maybe they just distribute cases to Departments number A through Z without organizing by country or region).

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
43 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

Hope they haven't skipped the 25th... :(

I know! 

I'm also scan date the 25th of Nov with supervisor review Jan 9th and still nothing!! We are probably in the same dept! ☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

12/1 NVC received mail

1/23 Supervisor review

I didnt do the scan like everyone else because the confusing about the size limit, anyone mailed their document around December and got CC?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.