dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, gcavp said:

Hi I'm from UAE, my scan date is dec 5 and up to now still there's no update from the nvc... ?

does it really take that long for the us embassy in uae to have interview dates scheduled after cc? 

Yes - it was 7.5 yo 8 months after CC in December 2016, in October it was 6-7 months.  so only got worse.  However an interview scheduled on Thursday was for a date 5.5 months after CC.  It may get better for the others for a bit - as Abu Dhabi will get free from Iranian interviews for a while now.

They understand its slow and backlogged and if you are a strong case - you should get a B1/B2 to visit.

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline
57 minutes ago, phillamb168 said:

You will find plenty of contradicting advice on this one. I have spoken with my congressman's DoS liaison, and two separate lawyers. They all said the same thing: you might be able to get in, but especially now with the administration's renewed focus on illegal immigration, it would be wise to not test it. You're almost there.

You´re right. Thank you.

13 minutes ago, bcking said:

What was your CC date? March seemed to have filled up very very fast.

CC on 2/2

Am glad i got in on march interview... just!

Joining the thread.  

Scan date 12/21/2016

placed for supervisor review 2/3/2017

praying by the end of this month I have a completed case. 

I was told the same as in some other replies, that there was some type of "glitch with the mail" affecting December. Who knows.  What an inefficient waste of time and money at the NVC.  

1 hour ago, lsu_mike said:

Joining the thread.  

Scan date 12/21/2016

placed for supervisor review 2/3/2017

praying by the end of this month I have a completed case. 

I was told the same as in some other replies, that there was some type of "glitch with the mail" affecting December. Who knows.  What an inefficient waste of time and money at the NVC.  

Welcome to the thread. 

My scan date is Dec/29. Almost right behind you. 

Hopefully we'll have CC soon. Good Luck to you :)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What does it mean when the rep says "On Jan 18 it notified the supervisor for review and on Wednesday the review department pulled out ur files to review" Btw for my mom n dad..☺️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Kcaoagas said:

What does it mean when the rep says "On Jan 18 it notified the supervisor for review and on Wednesday the review department pulled out ur files to review" Btw for my mom n dad..☺️

Supervisor review seems to be a status to let someone know that the initial 6 weeks are up.I think document review means that someone may look at it soon.   Hopefully you'll have some good news soon

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
On 2/3/2017 at 10:51 AM, bcking said:

Congrats!

Very lucky you can do electronic processing :(

Thanks! I know...we are very fortunate to be one of the 19 consulates with EP... I hope they keep rolling it out to more places, its so much more efficient! 

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
7 hours ago, aidensbubba said:

Recieved interview appointment this morning for March 28th @ 10.30am!!

That was fast!! Congrats! :) 

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

6 hours ago, aidensbubba said:

CC on 2/2

Am glad i got in on march interview... just!

So I guess if I get a case complete early next week we may have an interview at the end of March. That was a very fast interview assignment for you!

(Scan date 11/28 here, so I'm hoping soon...it's been in the "review department" for awhile now for whatever that is worth on a 1 page document)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
28 minutes ago, bcking said:

So I guess if I get a case complete early next week we may have an interview at the end of March. That was a very fast interview assignment for you!

(Scan date 11/28 here, so I'm hoping soon...it's been in the "review department" for awhile now for whatever that is worth on a 1 page document)

Good luck!  We have the same scan date and i just got my 3 N/As yesterday.   Couldn't get through to NVC to confirm yesterday but Monday I"m on it

1 hour ago, bcking said:

I do hope so too, am keeping fingers crossed you will get cc soon and interview following shortly after!! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.