dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I've called again today... conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Ok, today 4 weeks have passed since it went into supervisor review, starting the 5th week... and 4th week since it's been in the review department.  What happens when the 6 weeks of 'supervisor review' are up?"
NVC Rep: "we escalate it"
Me:  "to whom?  who's above the supervisors, secretary of state?"
NVC Rep: "Well, no, we escalate it to the supervisors again..."
Me:  "And how long does that take?"
NVC Rep: "Up to 6 weeks..."

You can't make this up... 

5 hours ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Congrats to all the new CCs. You're almost there... Praying that you all will can get March interview dates!

@bcking Interesting to know. Wonder what that "incident" was... Thanks for the update

BTW guys... Does anyone know if we need to provide a phone number when requesting a supervisor to call back? Or do they use one off of the file? I asked for a supervisor call back & the rep said he'll put in the request, but never asked for my phone number... At this point, I don't even care if I get a call back, I'm sure the supervisor isn't gonna give me any new info. But am just curious, since USCIS asked for phone number when requesting a call back.

During the call, I also asked what supervisor review actually means... Rep answered "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I asked if the file is actually sent to a supervisor & reviewed, but the answer was the same "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I then asked what happens if the case isn't completed after being in Sup Review for 6 weeks (total 12 weeks), the answer was "It gets flagged for supervisor review"

After that I asked, since rep works there, if he had seen any cases go beyond 12 weeks without any action not, and what is the approximate average for CCs

Rep Answered: "Sir, there is no average time."..... I asked repeatedly & said how it is mathematically possible to not have an average, but reply to all attempts was "Sir, there is no average time."

If they're reading off of a scripted paper to answer our questions, why can't they follow a scripted process for completing our cases & finish them on time!? Almost made me mad & laugh at the incompetence together.... Seems like the reps are really a hit & miss

2 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

I've called again today... conversation went something like this:

Me:  "Ok, today 4 weeks have passed since it went into supervisor review, starting the 5th week... and 4th week since it's been in the review department.  What happens when the 6 weeks of 'supervisor review' are up?"
NVC Rep: "we escalate it"
Me:  "to whom?  who's above the supervisors, secretary of state?"
NVC Rep: "Well, no, we escalate it to the supervisors again..."
Me:  "And how long does that take?"
NVC Rep: "Up to 6 weeks..."

You can't make this up... 

I honestly feel that most of them make up half of what they say. If they have a script, then they should just stick to it, instead of coming up with strange answers on processing times... Prior to December, I never heard of 'supervisory review' so often used as it is now. They say it's 6 weeks review 'normal processing', after 6 weeks is up, you can request a supervisor 'review', which takes another 6 months.... not to mentioned if you end up after all that time to get check-listed! 

angry-cat-photography-02-5874a28aee900__700.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline
11 hours ago, Auds said:

My scan date is 20 Dec I believe, but on my daughters files we got an email.   I don't think it was an RFE it basically said Notice of Missing item.  Somehow we misunderstood and sent one AOS form instead of three and one set of financial documents.  Anyway this notification only came around 20 of Jan :'(

Papers were then sent to them now a few days but I guess mine are also on hold and a new 6 week wait starts for us.  Right?

or is there hope mine could get done earlier?

My scan date was Dec 1, then RFE (missing those unused additional info pages at the end of AOS form) , new scan date Feb 1. I was told that there is absolutely no way to expedite it. It will take AT LEAST another 6 weeks. But more likely to take the 8 to 10 weeks everyone else is waiting (6 weeks normal processing, a few weeks in supervisor review).

Sorry :(

Silver lining: supposedly you cannot get another checklist (as long as the documents you just sent in on RFE are correct).

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

15 minutes ago, laulholley said:

My scan date was Dec 1, then RFE (missing those unused additional info pages at the end of AOS form) , new scan date Feb 1. I was told that there is absolutely no way to expedite it. It will take AT LEAST another 6 weeks. But more likely to take the 8 to 10 weeks everyone else is waiting (6 weeks normal processing, a few weeks in supervisor review).

Sorry :(

Silver lining: supposedly you cannot get another checklist (as long as the documents you just sent in on RFE are correct).

Aah well - now that I was granted a new B1/B2 visa its not as bad anymore so I can travel and see hubby and family.  Going for Valentine's now :D

Anyway our waiting time for interview i about 6-8 months after CC :(  UAE is the slowest in the world.

My question was more on the lines of the RFE not being for me - but for my daughter's do they delay all because of that?  as I would want to move a couple of months before my daughter's anyway it would work if they processed mine.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Fellow i just received P4 letter in email, i am so so so happy today, hope everyone will get through this process soon. Kindly pray for us to clear the interview as well.

cc: 27 Jan 2017 

Interview: 14 Mar 2017

Edited by mianusama

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, Auds said:

Aah well - now that I was granted a new B1/B2 visa its not as bad anymore so I can travel and see hubby and family.  Going for Valentine's now :D

Anyway our waiting time for interview i about 6-8 months after CC :(  UAE is the slowest in the world.

My question was more on the lines of the RFE not being for me - but for my daughter's do they delay all because of that?  as I would want to move a couple of months before my daughter's anyway it would work if they processed mine.

I already have a B-2 visa from before this process. Some lawyer told me that I could not travel to the US after the I-130 was approved, because I then have intent of immigrating. So I CAN travel to the US on my B-2 visa now as long as I have a return ticket?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ny2017 said:

I already have a B-2 visa from before this process. Some lawyer told me that I could not travel to the US after the I-130 was approved, because I then have intent of immigrating. So I CAN travel to the US on my B-2 visa now as long as I have a return ticket?

You will find plenty of contradicting advice on this one. I have spoken with my congressman's DoS liaison, and two separate lawyers. They all said the same thing: you might be able to get in, but especially now with the administration's renewed focus on illegal immigration, it would be wise to not test it. You're almost there.

Lots of people travel as long as you can show this trip is temporary and have much more than a return ticket - say a job, business back home, home rental and other contracts its good.  In the end it's up to the officers.

I have travelled to the US 7 times already in a year before I married, however my visa was damaged and a new one not granted as my papers were not filed.  Since then they actually granted me visit visa so for sure its okay.

1 minute ago, phillamb168 said:

You will find plenty of contradicting advice on this one. I have spoken with my congressman's DoS liaison, and two separate lawyers. They all said the same thing: you might be able to get in, but especially now with the administration's renewed focus on illegal immigration, it would be wise to not test it. You're almost there.

I don't agree.  I was granted a visa specifically to go now while my papers are in process.  Most decent people who have jobs/businesses back home and no ill intent would not have a problem.  I showed them my running business and why I would not abandon stuff in current home country and will only visit short term,

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Auds said:

I don't agree.  I was granted a visa specifically to go now while my papers are in process.  Most decent people who have jobs/businesses back home and no ill intent would not have a problem.  I showed them my running business and why I would not abandon stuff in current home country and will only visit short term,

I also asked about tourists visas and was told, "they're issued by Dept of State, but CBP/Immigration make the final call and can reject you even if you have a valid tourist visa." I'm just recommending caution. We've already seen this week that CBP can do pretty much whatever they want...

Timeline

And I guess that's the thing to be wary of: everything up to now, posted here and elsewhere, saying "it's ok to travel," was based on previous administrations, and this one is quite different.

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Auds said:

Yes of course CBP have ultimate decision but that will also apply on once we get our spouse visas...

Of course, but they're not equivalent. CBP would deny a tourist visa on grounds that an immigration visa was in process, and thus there was an intent to immigrate. Whereas with an IR1 they'd not have that 'reason.' Do what you feel is best, but I just wanted to caution you.

Yes there is always a risk - but I do feel confident as I am not lying and have no intention or bandwidth to stay beyond the intended 2 weeks - they can go through my 100 emails per day and endless meetings booked after I come back etc etc :)

Will keep you guys posted on my status.  Leaving on Feb 12.

4 hours ago, Auds said:

Hi I'm from UAE, my scan date is dec 5 and up to now still there's no update from the nvc... ?

does it really take that long for the us embassy in uae to have interview dates scheduled after cc? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.