dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
29 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

Got 3 NA's this morning and called to make sure ... case complete! :) 

Still waiting on the email .... stay strong everyone!

Congrats. ??

1 minute ago, ny2017 said:

I have been reading that several points out to send exactly what they ask for - too much isn´t necessarily better. I have to file a I-864W, and I am so tempted to file an extra document with a letter from my bank confirming my account balance to show that I can support myself. This since I don´t have have to have a sponsor. So afraid to get check list one way or the other. What do you guys think is best?

Send it. Generally yes "too much isn't necessarily better" but I think for the AOS it is important to show you have enough. Now if your yearly income is sufficient on its own to meet their requirement you don't need to show savings (Just W-2, and pay slips), but if there is any question then documentation of savings can help.

I think in that case they won't send you a checklist because you sent them a bank balance. However you could get a checklist if you didn't and what you do send isn't sufficient evidence.

I called today and was advised of three (3) emails.

1. I have some items to correct on the AOS but can have Wife take to nterview.

2. Case Complete notice

3. Interview Date

I am pleased they will allow the AOS information to be presented at the interview and not make me resubmit, whatever the item(s) may be.  

Scan 11-28

CC Feb 2, 2017

8 minutes ago, Joemamma said:

I called today and was advised of three (3) emails.

1. I have some items to correct on the AOS but can have Wife take to nterview.

2. Case Complete notice

3. Interview Date

I am pleased they will allow the AOS information to be presented at the interview and not make me resubmit, whatever the item(s) may be.  

Scan 11-28

CC Feb 2, 2017

It seems from past people, AOS items typically can be presented at the embassy. The other stuff needs to be reviewed by the NVC. At least that seems to be the trend.

Congrats! Aonther person with my scan date. Fingers crossed...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Joemamma said:

I called today and

Scan 11-28

CC Feb 2, 2017

Yay! Congrats! 11/28 seems to be up! :-)

-- IR1 for Wife and Son

11/28 Scan date - 1/11 Flagged for Supervisor - 1/18 "Sent to review team"

4 minutes ago, Kcaoagas said:

Congrats to all who got their case ✅ December Scan dates are next ??

Our scan date is 12/14 with supervisor notification on 1/25 so I'm trying to keep my wife hopeful too.  

She is not very happy with the missed ETA's but I try to keep her positive :D

2 minutes ago, sohma said:

Our scan date is 12/14 with supervisor notification on 1/25 so I'm trying to keep my wife hopeful too.  

She is not very happy with the missed ETA's but I try to keep her positive :D

My wife is having a hard time as well. She left her job over the summer (THere was a merger and it was either try to fight for a job in London or take redundancy, and fighting for a job in London made no sense since she wasn't sticking around), so she has been struggling to keep herself busy waiting. She can't really look for jobs yet, and you can only update your CV so much. She is volunteering now to kill time, but it is still hard. With our original scan date she should have been here in December, then we got a stupid checklist and here we are. Looking more and more like an April interview.

EDIT: Doesn't help that she won't visit here because we had a horrible harassment experience with immigration the last time she tried. Though I realize some people have it even worse depending on location. I'm visiting her again next week.

Edited by bcking

2 minutes ago, bcking said:

My wife is having a hard time as well. She left her job over the summer (THere was a merger and it was either try to fight for a job in London or take redundancy, and fighting for a job in London made no sense since she wasn't sticking around), so she has been struggling to keep herself busy waiting. She can't really look for jobs yet, and you can only update your CV so much. She is volunteering now to kill time, but it is still hard. With our original scan date she should have been here in December, then we got a stupid checklist and here we are. Looking more and more like an April interview.

Similar situation with my wife as well.  I'm sure getting a check list was dreading.  I can only imagine how to break that news :ranting:

4 minutes ago, sohma said:

Similar situation with my wife as well.  I'm sure getting a check list was dreading.  I can only imagine how to break that news :ranting:

It was not fun. She blamed herself (We sent in a "short form" birth certificate instead of a "long form") for not realizing we needed the longer birth certificate. Honestly the website hides in about 3 clicks deep, and the "short form" is the standard in the UK so even her parents didn't know a "long form" existed. 

I've asked multiple people at the NVC if it is possible to get a second checklist from other documents and they have told me repeatedly that all of our other documents are complete and all they need is the birth certificate. I honestly would not be able to handle another round of this.

Filed: Timeline
4 hours ago, bcking said:

Two things new I heard on the phone today:

1. There was an "incident" (she couldnt' go into details) involving November/December which is why things are even more delayed recently than in the past. She said it twice..."Because of the incident..."

2. This lady (not a supervisor) claimed that sometimes supervisors will review multiple files/cases before updating the computer system. So they may complete your case, but not actually update the system that it is complete. When I asked "Do they update it daily? Weekly?" she couldn't say. Seems like a crazy system.

Yes! When I called the NVC mid-December the reps told me that they had a "bug" in there computer system 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, Kcaoagas said:

Congrats to all who got their case ✅ December Scan dates are next ??

Nov 25th here, still not done... It seems I got the federal employee who's on his union mandated wine break.... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I just got hung up on when I told them I'm recording the call to gather evidence for some legal action... Arizona is a single party consent as far as recordings go... So I shouldn't even have mentioned it.  Once this hell is over, there will be legal repercussions, I am more determined than ever now.  

I have written to the white house yesterday through their contact us link.  I have written to the congresswoman representing my district and the two senators in the past regarding USCIS taking 8+ months... 

This is unbelievable.  

1 hour ago, bcking said:

It was not fun. She blamed herself (We sent in a "short form" birth certificate instead of a "long form") for not realizing we needed the longer birth certificate. Honestly the website hides in about 3 clicks deep, and the "short form" is the standard in the UK so even her parents didn't know a "long form" existed. 

I've asked multiple people at the NVC if it is possible to get a second checklist from other documents and they have told me repeatedly that all of our other documents are complete and all they need is the birth certificate. I honestly would not be able to handle another round of this.

Well the second part is very good news but the wait penalty is a bit harsh.  I certainly wish the workflow was a bit better.  I'll keep my fingers crossed for us.

My scan date is 20 Dec I believe, but on my daughters files we got an email.   I don't think it was an RFE it basically said Notice of Missing item.  Somehow we misunderstood and sent one AOS form instead of three and one set of financial documents.  Anyway this notification only came around 20 of Jan :'(

Papers were then sent to them now a few days but I guess mine are also on hold and a new 6 week wait starts for us.  Right?

or is there hope mine could get done earlier?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.