dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 minutes ago, bcking said:

Two things new I heard on the phone today:

1. There was an "incident" (she couldnt' go into details) involving November/December which is why things are even more delayed recently than in the past. She said it twice..."Because of the incident..."

2. This lady (not a supervisor) claimed that sometimes supervisors will review multiple files/cases before updating the computer system. So they may complete your case, but not actually update the system that it is complete. When I asked "Do they update it daily? Weekly?" she couldn't say. Seems like a crazy system.

was told the same thing this morning. though she referred to an issue that caused a delay with mails received in December. on a better note i called twice this morning and got connected in about 2 mins for both calls. Not sure if it had to do with the time i called though.

Other thing she said is the website can't be changed with out some high up departmental approval. I mentioned that the "2-4 weeks" quoted is a joke, and she agreed it needed to be changed but said they don't have permission.

I gave her a 5 minute speech about transparancy and giving us all the same information, which would help them because less of us would be frustrated. She was nice and didn't interrupted but at the end I got a simple "okay sir".

Yeah I called this morning and it was literally a minute wait fastes pick up I have gotten thus far!  Good luck to everyone waiting for a CC. :)  I am patiently waiting for an interview date.

Original Scan Date: Oct 3, 2016

Checklist: Nov 25, 2016

2nd Scan date: Dec 19, 2016

Supervisor Review : Jan 24, 2017

CC (phone call): Jan 27, 2017

CC e-mail : Feb 3, 2017

Interview: March 13, 2017 @ 10:30 AM

Interview E-mail: February 6, 2017

Visa Packet Received: March 17, 2017

Entry to US: March 21, 2017

Timeline
7 minutes ago, bcking said:

Other thing she said is the website can't be changed with out some high up departmental approval. I mentioned that the "2-4 weeks" quoted is a joke, and she agreed it needed to be changed but said they don't have permission.

I gave her a 5 minute speech about transparancy and giving us all the same information, which would help them because less of us would be frustrated. She was nice and didn't interrupted but at the end I got a simple "okay sir".

Lol @ okay sir. I usually dont have the strength to lecture them, i just say thank you and hang up.

Edited by TeeA10
spelling mistake

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Favlies said:

Yeah I called this morning and it was literally a minute wait fastes pick up I have gotten thus far!  Good luck to everyone waiting for a CC. :)  I am patiently waiting for an interview date.

wondering what's up with the quick pick up. Hopeful they start completing cases as quickly, now that will be something!

3 minutes ago, TeeA10 said:

Lol @ okay sir. I usually dont have the strehtn to lecture them, i just say thank you and hang up.

I usually don't either but I just had to point out to her that in my 20 weeks of dealing with the NVC she is the first person ever to say that a supervisor will review cases, but not update the system until they finish other cases "So they don't have to keep going into the computer". 

You can't just say that, but when asked "How often would they update it then?"  you can't specify a timeframe. Initially she tried to say that the supervisor was "actively reviewing" my case since January 10th, to which I explained that my case is 1 page and therefore cannot be "actively" under review for almost 4 weeks. I felt bad but I had to explain to her what the word "actively" means. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Scan date November 15th, supervisor review January 9th, till date no 3n/a or CC email. What is going on with NVC. I call also four times a week supervisor called back twice but they still not doing anything. I went to my congresswoman and still no update. Please I need an advice, what should I do next, I'm currently waiting for another supervisor call back.

6 minutes ago, lau1119 said:

yaayyy finally we have an interview date!!

scan date: Nov-7 -16

Super Rev: Jan-3- 17

Cc: Jan-12-17

Interview: Mar- 6-17

congratulations! i got for my husband for march 3rd in Bogota.... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Got 3 NA's this morning and called to make sure ... case complete! :) 

Still waiting on the email .... stay strong everyone!

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

1 minute ago, misshepburn said:

Congrats!!!!

5 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

Congrats!

Very lucky you can do electronic processing :(

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline
8 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

I think I have case complete ..... its 2:00 a.m. on the East Coast so I cannot check but

Affidavit of Support Fee

Affidavit of Support Documents & Financial Evidence

Civil Documents 

All have the glorious N/A value next to them.  When I checked a few hours ago only 2 had the N/A value

Am I done ??? 

man, I gotta call first thing in my morning

TKYHNL

Congrats!

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline

I have been reading that several points out to send exactly what they ask for - too much isn´t necessarily better. I have to file a I-864W, and I am so tempted to file an extra document with a letter from my bank confirming my account balance to show that I can support myself. This since I don´t have have to have a sponsor. So afraid to get check list one way or the other. What do you guys think is best?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.