dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
6 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

My interview date is March 28th and I scheduled my medical 1 week before 20th, so if she gets end of march she can make her appointment for the week before.

Has to be at least 5 days before interview is what the receptionist at Knightsbridge medical told me.  You shouldn't have to cancel your trip if it's march ending.....

I checked ceac website to see if our file had been received by the embassy yet as for the last week or maybe more it has said in Transit.  Now today it says Ready, meaning they received file and all is set for interview day.  I am so excited, not nervous yet!!

aidensbubba that's awesome! :)

bcking - we got assigned an interview date yesterday (Feb 16) for March 8. Frankfurt consulate. I was a little surprised they would schedule a date for less than 1 month away -- especially since I've read that Germany likes to schedule 4-6 weeks out, but I'm not complaining! Still waiting on the official email letter though.

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

9 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

My interview date is March 28th and I scheduled my medical 1 week before 20th, so if she gets end of march she can make her appointment for the week before.

Has to be at least 5 days before interview is what the receptionist at Knightsbridge medical told me.  You shouldn't have to cancel your trip if it's march ending.....

I checked ceac website to see if our file had been received by the embassy yet as for the last week or maybe more it has said in Transit.  Now today it says Ready, meaning they received file and all is set for interview day.  I am so excited, not nervous yet!!

Awesome congrats!

Ya we've heard the medical in London isn't bad, and it is easy to get an appointment. She gets back to England on the 10th so she should be okay.

Now we just have to pull out all of our original paperwork from before we sent it all off to the NVC. It's been so many months we will have to look around for it. You have to bring originals for everything correct? Or do you not need to bring copies of the AOS forms? Just the supplemental stuff?

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
2 minutes ago, misshepburn said:

aidensbubba that's awesome! :)

bcking - we got assigned an interview date yesterday (Feb 16) for March 8. Frankfurt consulate. I was a little surprised they would schedule a date for less than 1 month away -- especially since I've read that Germany likes to schedule 4-6 weeks out, but I'm not complaining! Still waiting on the official email letter though.

Congrats anyway! In fact I suppose NVC are so slow now that consulates get less appointments than usual and there are still  March slots left.

1 minute ago, AlexUA said:

Congrats anyway! In fact I suppose NVC are so slow now that consulates get less appointments than usual and there are still  March slots left.

When was your March 28th date assigned? Wasn't it last week? I would assume that means there would be at least no slots BEFORE March 28th (otherwise you would have gotten it since you are going to the same Embassy), so we have to be at a minimum after you.

I don't know if this will help with anyone's estimations but I got an update today.

Last called Feb 10th, no information given.

Called today Feb 17th, under review.

Scan date 12/14

Supervisor notification 1/25

1 hour ago, Ordonez08 said:

Scan Date:  12/02/2016

Supervisor Review:  01/23/2017

"Review Department":  02/13/2017

CASE COMPLETED 02/17/2017!!

Tomorrow is my birthday and this will be on yet list of one of the best birthday presents!

Wishing everyone a speedy process!!!:wub:

congrats 

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, Emla said:

I called this morning to find out that my case was pulled from the mail room to the review department on 14 Feb 17.  I am happy to have progress.  The representative was friendly but would not give me a an estimate of when my case would be looked at.

Scan Date: 22 Dec 16

Supervisor review: 3 Feb 17

Review Department:  14 Feb 17

Hi @Emla I have exact same date as you. Could you pls lets stay in contact and inform each other if anything changes for either of us? Cheers

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
8 hours ago, bcking said:

Called and confirmed confirmed case complete :)

The lady said they are still doing March interviews. Have other people heard that? She said she assigned 8 yesterday. Couldn't speak specifically regarding embassies.

Congratulations Fellow Houstonian!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Please anybody have an idea what this means, I got 3n/A's since the 3rd of this month. I just checked and now it has changed to 2N/A's with the AOS area showing PAID. Please any idea what this means.

My congress woman's aide just emailed me back saying the NVC told him that it is an 8-week turnaround process... Too bad I am on week nine now!   

I am livid to say the least.  No information, no actual turn around times, and no clear reasons why they can not accommodate their workload is just unreasonable.  

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

Guys I just checked my Visa status (CEAC) and after weeks of saying "At NVC", today it changed to "Action Required: Submit Requested Documents".
It starts like this: "On 2016-11-01, the National Visa Center (NVC) received your Form DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application)." and then it says "Next Steps:" and it lists all the documents that you need to collect and send to NVC (basically the AOS-Support Documents Package). Which of course, we already mailed.

Does this mean they are starting reviewing it? Is it a good sign? It seems like the Visa Status Check page just came back to life after weeks of "At NVC" status. I wonder if it's normal. We didn't receive a checklist email so I don't think it's that.

Edited by lbrt

USCIS

I-130 Sent: 05-02-2016

I-130 NOA1: 05-10-2016

I-130 Approved: 07-14-2016

NVC

NVC Received: 08-10-2016

Pay AOS Bill: 10-03-2016

Pay IV Bill: 10-03-2016

Submit DS-260: 11-01-2016

Send AOS & IV Package: 12-02-2016 

Scan Date: 12-28-2016

Supervisor Review: 02-08-2017

Case Complete: 03-01-2017

Interview Date: 04-05-2017 APPROVED 😁

Visa Received: 04-10-2017

POE: 05-09-2017

SSN Received: 06-06-2017

Green Card Received: 06-23-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
15 minutes ago, lbrt said:

Guys I just checked my Visa status (CEAC) and after weeks of saying "At NVC", today it changed to "Action Required: Submit Requested Documents".
It starts like this: "On 2016-11-01, the National Visa Center (NVC) received your Form DS-260 (Immigrant Visa Application)." and then it says "Next Steps:" and it lists all the documents that you need to collect and send to NVC (basically the AOS-Support Documents Package). Which of course, we already mailed.

Does this mean they are starting reviewing it? Is it a good sign? It seems like the Visa Status Check page just came back to life after weeks of "At NVC" status. I wonder if it's normal. We didn't receive a checklist email so I don't think it's that.

I just saw that too. The whole time it was saying at the nvc and follow the six steps to submit documents. I got so excited I thought something happened but I think they're just updating the system now. If you read further they changed everything. It says allow two months and then take action. Ugh 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fegyamfi85 said:

Please anybody have an idea what this means, I got 3n/A's since the 3rd of this month. I just checked and now it has changed to 2N/A's with the AOS area showing PAID. Please any idea what this means.

What I understand is the 3rd N/A change back to PAID when they send out your case to the embassy, check the status, it should change to "IN TRANSIT" from "AT NVC"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.