dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
On 2/8/2017 at 4:00 AM, bcking said:

They just send you that recently?

I'm sorry that is just unprofessional. There is no way the average review time is still 30 days. They are lying out of their backside.

Average right now seems to be around 10 weeks. Most recent case completes are still from November. Aside from electronic filers.

This is from there website, here is the link.

https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/NVC AILA Meeting QAs_Nov2015.pdf

Wish we can get some media attention.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Croatia
Timeline

So ready to be done with this! Started this process in April 2016 (well, really Fall 2014 - restart in 2016). Tired of life being put on hold!!! It seems to me like it would be easier if the embassy were in charge of the NVC stage. What do you guys think about that? Would it be more efficient? Certainly for some less busy embassies (like Croatia) IMO! Definitely wish Croatia had DCF... at least for the NVC paperwork!

US Citizen Filing for Spouse - Married since January 2009, 2 Children

IR1 Visa - US Citizen living abroad, not DCF, Re-establishing Domicile, Joint Sponsor

12.April.2016 Filed I-130

22.June.2016 NOA1 (they entered my address incorrectly, therefore was not delivered until JULY)

07.Sept.2016 I-130 approved

07.Oct.2017 NVC welcome letter received

10.Nov.2016 Complete DS-261

10.Nov.2016 Payed AOS/IV Bill

19.Nov.2016 Complete DS-260

26.Nov.2016 Mailed AOS/IV Packet to NVC

29.Nov.2016 AOS/IV Packet Delivered to NVC

01. Dec.2016 Scan Date
13.Jan.2017 Checklist for  I-864 pages 10-12 BLANK FORM PAGES
02.Feb.2017 2nd Scan Date

14.April.2017 Case Complete (CC at exactly 10 weeks)

04.May.2017 Interview date scheduled/received email from NVC

10.May.2017 Medical
01.June.2017 Interview - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
9 hours ago, vintash said:

Hi, I was wondering, what did you say in the email? i just want to know what to say to them. Congrats! You did it where your husbands lives in the US?

Just explained them the situation. That NVC is taking so long and that we have been separated for over a year now. Thats pretty much it. You have to contact the congress/senator in your district aka where your US Sponsor lives. 

Edited by Jorcruzina

Filed: Timeline

Scan Date 29/11 

Week 12 starts :/ Contacted my congressman office...

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

5 hours ago, laulholley said:

So ready to be done with this! Started this process in April 2016 (well, really Fall 2014 - restart in 2016). Tired of life being put on hold!!! It seems to me like it would be easier if the embassy were in charge of the NVC stage. What do you guys think about that? Would it be more efficient? Certainly for some less busy embassies (like Croatia) IMO! Definitely wish Croatia had DCF... at least for the NVC paperwork!

I feel you. I too began this process in April 2016, stayed at USCIS for 7 months... ugh! I was told before that the NVC stage is so much faster and that it would only take a few weeks. But at least now, that's not the case. Hopefully you will get CC soon and everyone else who's waited much longer than 6 weeks.

Called NVC this morning exactly at 7:00 AM EST,  got a hold of rep within 8 minuets. I called to be sure whether my case was put on supervisor review, as I was told they were going to make this request last Friday. The rep was nice. He confirmed that my case had been requested for supervisor review. He then told me something strange that I have never read from any other VJs here; He said that my case was not being sent to a supervisor that the request is actually to the mail room, so they can find out where my case is, since it has gone past the normal review times. He apologized and said that they had received so much mail at one time and that they are struggling to get through it (that I've heard). He said the request was sent to mail room and then it will be flagged for review. I just never heard anyone mention about once a supervisor review request has been made, that it is actually to the mail room...??? :huh: Maybe I'm wrong and someone has mentioned it before, but I found this response kind of strange.

Any thoughts anyone??? 

2 hours ago, mmadd636 said:

Scan date: 12/6

Week 11 started today.

@mmadd636 Have you contacted your senator or congressman? I really hope you get CC soon. 

1 hour ago, Renegade said:

Scan Date 29/11 

Week 12 starts :/ Contacted my congressman office...

@Renegade Let us know how it goes and what their response is. Hoping soon you get CC.

Filed: Timeline
2 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

@mmadd636 Have you contacted your senator or congressman? I really hope you get CC soon. 

@Renegade Let us know how it goes and what their response is. Hoping soon you get CC.

The congressman office sent me an inquiry form via email, I've filled the form and sent it back. They are going to investigate ASAP, it was quite easy.

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

This is just absolutely unacceptable.  That has got to be something WE as a group can get together and do.  We should demand better service! We are paying customers, and taxpayers.  We dersrve honest answers and, a expected time frame. Maybe not an exact date but, a general time!  

Edited by lsu_mike

12 minutes ago, Renegade said:

The congressman office sent me an inquiry form via email, I've filled the form and sent it back. They are going to investigate ASAP, it was quite easy.

That's great. I really hope you get some feed back asap. This is just absolutely crazy, there is no reason for you case and other's with the same time line to not have CC by now. Really rooting for! Hopefully you'll get some good news soon. :)

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

6 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

This is just absolutely unacceptable.  That has got to be something WE as a group can get together and do.  We should demand better service! We paying customers, and taxpayers.  We dersrve honest answers and, a expected time frame. Maybe not an exact date but, a general time!  

Yeah I agree, but the NVC seems even more clueless as to their own review times. One moment 4 weeks, 6 weeks, 8 weeks ++.

Edited by Ahmed & Amy

Filed: IR-5 Country: Sweden
Timeline
11 minutes ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Called NVC this morning exactly at 7:00 AM EST,  got a hold of rep within 8 minuets. I called to be sure whether my case was put on supervisor review, as I was told they were going to make this request last Friday. The rep was nice. He confirmed that my case had been requested for supervisor review. He then told me something strange that I have never read from any other VJs here; He said that my case was not being sent to a supervisor that the request is actually to the mail room, so they can find out where my case is, since it has gone past the normal review times. He apologized and said that they had received so much mail at one time and that they are struggling to get through it (that I've heard). He said the request was sent to mail room and then it will be flagged for review. I just never heard anyone mention about once a supervisor review request has been made, that it is actually to the mail room...??? :huh: Maybe I'm wrong and someone has mentioned it before, but I found this response kind of strange.

Any thoughts anyone??? 

I am not sure what they mean; it was sent to the mail room, or it is in the mail room? Either way it sounds positive if that means it is being sent out. Unless it means that it is on its way in? Call again and ask for clarification.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.