dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

More of a news source than CNN, Buzzfeed & MSNBC... 

It's not like there was a sudden huge influx of us citizens going out there and getting married that caused this massive backlog... 

If the Independent Sentinel is more "of a news source than CNN" etc., then you are aware that it is a totally biased source, right? The Independent Sentinel refers to an article from the Washington Times, which refers to numbers from NumbersUSA and Center for Immigration Studies.. Two non-profits that advocate for "immigration reduction... that seeks to reduce US immigration levels to pre-1965" and "lower immigration numbers and produces research to further those views".

The Center for Immigration Studies also seeks to "provid[e] immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States" - So you totally picked the right source to advocate for your own case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
29 minutes ago, JeppeS said:

If the Independent Sentinel is more "of a news source than CNN" etc., then you are aware that it is a totally biased source, right? The Independent Sentinel refers to an article from the Washington Times, which refers to numbers from NumbersUSA and Center for Immigration Studies.. Two non-profits that advocate for "immigration reduction... that seeks to reduce US immigration levels to pre-1965" and "lower immigration numbers and produces research to further those views".

The Center for Immigration Studies also seeks to "provid[e] immigration policymakers, the academic community, news media, and concerned citizens with reliable information about the social, economic, environmental, security, and fiscal consequences of legal and illegal immigration into the United States" - So you totally picked the right source to advocate for your own case.

I'm aware they are biased.  They don't hide it or deny it unlike those 3 other sources.  You're not going to find a single article on CNN talking about the slowdown at the NVC, or the numbers of refugees they're trying to ram through into the country.  Or the fact that those refugees may come from countries that scream "death to America" all day long.  

At this point, I don't think there's anyone on this forum that'll disagree about this:  there needs to be less chaos in the immigration system.  Between refugees, illegals and us legals, we are definitely getting the short end of the stick.  

It's foolish to try and insinuate that a reduction in all immigration is bad... It would actually be quite good.  Why?  Several reasons:

The United States of America is the best country on earth, bar none.  That means a lot of people want to come here.  Some because they want to live in a country that affords the freedoms and the opportunities this place has.  Others want to come here solely for the riches this country has to offer.  Others yet simply want to come here because they hate us and want to hurt us.  This last group is obviously what we want to avoid.  No more Boston marathon bomber refugees, no more Khalid Sheik Mohammed, no more 9/11s, no more Orlandos, no more San Bernardino's... list goes on unfortunately.  The second group is the group that comes here and never assimilates.  They may come here for the right intention, to better their life, but they fail to embrace the values that made America great in the first place.  For example - coming from an eastern European background - I know a lot of people who came here with the expectation that there is a better life here, and by better, that meant as the government gives you more - more than they gave you under communism... They fail to understand what makes America work, and while they may have jobs and become productive members of society, they always vote for larger government and more handouts - making the US more and more like the country they left behind.  Unfortunately, I know a lot of these, and it's baffling... I also see people from Europe coming here and wanting socialized universal healthcare for example.  There are plenty of places on earth that have that... Point is, if we come here for what the USA represents and has to offer, it makes no sense to try and change it into something else.  The first group is obviously what we want, if we want to keep the US as the great nation it is.  If that's not the purpose of immigration, maybe I'm wrong, so let's open the borders, get a quarter billion from India, a quarter from China, a quarter from Africa, and a quarter from central/south America, and bring them all in.  You can probably imagine the financial, cultural, social, and even environmental impacts of opening the flood gates.  

The immigration concept is well explained by Roy Beck in his famous gumballs presentation... 

Edited by Fost04mach

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, norieyora said:

Do you write through online format or do you send email?? the past two times I wrote them it took me around 2 weeks to get response. 

I usually write through here: https://secureforms.travel.state.gov/ask-nvc.php

I had tried both the stated link and the regular NVC email and hey take weeks to get a response. However emails to this address get the same day or next day response always; nvceb5@state.gov However i believe the address is specifically for EB5 visa cases.

Timeline
4 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Really 24 hours? About 1,5 week to get reply to any e-mail from my experience

Its hard to believe right? However emails to this address get the same day or next day response always; nvceb5@state.gov However i believe the address is specifically for EB5 visa cases.

Timeline
4 hours ago, sohma said:

Yep, I tried calling earlier a few times but just got a busy signal. :unsure:

Its completely crazy, i must have tried calling no less than 50 times today and got the busy line signal, EACH time.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I managed to get through the busy signal, got thru the menus, waited 20 mins on hold (about half the normal 45 mins) someone answered, said hello a few times as if they couldn't hear me, and hung up on me.... Now back to busy line. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just now, Fost04mach said:

I managed to get through the busy signal, got thru the menus, waited 20 mins on hold (about half the normal 45 mins) someone answered, said hello a few times as if they couldn't hear me, and hung up on me.... Now back to busy line. 

Oh my

Please remember that these boards are for people of all different backgrounds, cultures, and countries with the common goal of getting to be with their loved ones.  If we could keep politics off of this board, it would be appreciated.   It is a scary time for most of us on here, because we do not know what news sources to trust, or what is real or fear mongering.   We need to stick together, and just share our own experiences, as this is all we have right now.  

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 3:35 PM, vintash said:

I keep checking my case status to see if it changes miraculously ?

lol!  Me too!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, Slution said:

I think I have just got 3 N/A, I've been checking the status more than 10 times today and just now my AOS fee changed to N/A

Congratulations !!!!!!!!

I was waiting for someone to write something good . This day has been just awful .

Scan date please ?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline
Just now, Zebracakex said:

Congratulations !!!!!!!!

I was waiting for someone to write something good . This day has been just awful .

Scan date please ?

Thank you!!

Scan date: 12/01/16 ( this is the date tracking showed delivered, actual scan date might be few days later)

Supervisor review: 01/23/17

Timeline

Thank you!!

Scan date: 12/01/16 ( this is the date tracking showed delivered, actual scan date might be few days later)

Hey ! That's great! Call them and see. My dates are almost the same as yours!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Thank you!!

Ahh.. I could hug you right now lol ! I am so happy they are FINALLY approving December cases. All I have been seeing is NOVEMBER . Celebration !!!! :jest::jest:

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Zebracakex said:

Ahh.. I could hug you right now lol ! I am so happy they are FINALLY approving December cases. All I have been seeing is NOVEMBER . Celebration !!!! :jest::jest:

I'm getting so excited !!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.