dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Fost04mach said:

Today marks the end of 11 weeks/starting 12th week for me.... And I just read this stuff:

http://www.independentsentinel.com/state-rushing-refugees-into-us-77-of-refugees-are-from-the-seven-terror-countries/

I guess the "refugees" are more important than us, people who already earn and help support the society here... and pay for this government to exist... 

Sigh.

I truly hope that you get CC this coming week. I am so sorry that it is taking so long. Praying for you and for all of us to be reunited with our families. 

The government has no idea what it's truly like to be sitting, waiting, hoping, anticipating getting our families legally to the US. The time, the money, the effort, the emotional toll is has on us all. 

Stay strong my friend, you're almost there. I wish I had better words to comfort, but hopefully soon you'll see those 3 N/A's or get news on the phone of your CC. :)

5 minutes ago, AlexUA said:

I suggest you calling anyway. Now and every week at least. May be it will be placed into Review Department faster and you get Case Complete in 10 but not 12 weeks. I really call them every day now because I can't stop thinking about this.

Thank you for your advice. I'll try and call them tonight at their late hours... for me it's always easier to get a hold of someone around 10:30pm EST.

I hope you get CC soon. :)

2 quick questions.   

1.   The "n/a's" everyone is referring to for the AOS fees, is that updated in realtime, or would it be updated over night?

2. I don't get to check in here much, and I've been reading thru some replies trying get an idea on average times that cases are being completed at the NVC?   Just the ones I've been able to kind of follow, seem on average of about 10 weeks.  I know some have gone further.  But does 10 seem to be about average?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

Thank you for your advice. I'll try and call them tonight at their late hours... for me it's always easier to get a hold of someone around 10:30pm EST.

I hope you get CC soon. :)

I can't stop thinking about it either. I'm finishing my 9 th week. And I'm scared 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline
2 minutes ago, vintash said:

I can't stop thinking about it either. I'm finishing my 9 th week. And I'm scared 

week 9 too

no update at all, really scary....

N-400 Timeline

2022/03/01: 90 days filing window open

2022/03/20: Filed N-400 online

2022/03/21: Case received, no biometrics required

2022/03/21: Online status change to Case is being Actively Reviewed by USCIS

2022/08/15: Interview was scheduled

2022/09/20: Interview Date

2022/09/20: Citizenship Approved

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, Ahmed & Amy said:

I truly hope that you get CC this coming week. I am so sorry that it is taking so long. Praying for you and for all of us to be reunited with our families. 

The government has no idea what it's truly like to be sitting, waiting, hoping, anticipating getting our families legally to the US. The time, the money, the effort, the emotional toll is has on us all. 

Stay strong my friend, you're almost there. I wish I had better words to comfort, but hopefully soon you'll see those 3 N/A's or get news on the phone of your CC. :)

Thank you for keeping it positive @Ahmed & Amy! The waiting is so hard, especially with this unpredictable delay. It is also so hard to explain to others what is going on, it really helps to share with others in this same situation. So I'll second you: hopefully soon we will all see the 3 n/a's and get good news from NVC!

15 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

2 quick questions.   

1.   The "n/a's" everyone is referring to for the AOS fees, is that updated in realtime, or would it be updated over night?

2. I don't get to check in here much, and I've been reading thru some replies trying get an idea on average times that cases are being completed at the NVC?   Just the ones I've been able to kind of follow, seem on average of about 10 weeks.  I know some have gone further.  But does 10 seem to be about average?

I don't know about 1 - I am also curious about how it works (especially since I sit and load that page several times a day, it feels a bit like insanity: repeating the same task over and over again expecting a different outcome :-)

Hard to say what the average is - since it seems like it has increased a lot since November (and still going up?) last year @grad_student kept a spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1bLgqeV5tr9zHOSY5IqtYn3RURVO3C0iMBGVwUviVruk/edit#gid=0

and back then the average was four weeks and change. There has been a lot of case complete reported for mid/end November in this thread - but I haven't seen anyone report cc for December yet? (I have scan date 11/28 - 11 weeks on Monday).

(And as others reported, I'm also just getting a busy signal today at NVC)

/S

-- IR1 for Wife and Son - 11/28 Scan date - 1/11 Flagged for Supervisor - 1/18 "Sent to review team"

Week 8, just called.  Every time they ask if I completed the DS-260 and I give them the date it was submitted.

Just told the same thing as before, we'll get contacted through email when the review is done.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
4 hours ago, Renegade said:

Do they work today?

I wonder will they work on weekend instead of yesterdays day off?

If someone gets hold of them today via phone, they should ask this question.  I recall in December one NVC rep said they were working one of the weeks due to the huge backlog of cases.  

4 hours ago, Raag said:

This is what I heard from NVC help line rep:

Feb. 8: We have until mid night of today to review your case :-)

Feb.10: We will move your case to priority list for review. We have a huge backlog. Please give us 2 more weeks to complete the review :-(

Hang in there...easier said than done.  Sounds like you are in supervisor review, which they usually say 6 more weeks; fingers crossed your case in complete in less than 2 weeks.

4 hours ago, milaroy said:

Today February 10th is my wife and daughters interview date. They were approved.  What a roller coaster of a journey. :D:dance::dancing:

I want to take thisopportunity to thank all those how offered their knowledge and experience to assist us.

Thank you Visa Journey 

Congratulations!!!

33 minutes ago, lsu_mike said:

2 quick questions.   

For me, the third N/A for AOS fees was updated in real time; I remember checking it a few times in the morning and then around 11 AM I saw the 3 N/As and called NVC right away to confirm; they said "your case was completed this morning" so it looks like it is updated in real time.

Yes, 10 weeks seems to be about the average time.  My case was complete in exactly 10 weeks from the scan date and exactly 3 weeks from supervisor review

13 minutes ago, vintash said:

It is scary thinking that you are waiting all this time and you can be told anything - I  tried to stay positive and kept thinking that I will leave everything to God now.

3 minutes ago, sohma said:

Week 8, just called.  Every time they ask if I completed the DS-260 and I give them the date it was submitted.

Just told the same thing as before, we'll get contacted through email when the review is done.

Yes, they do ask if you completed the DS-260; I'm not sure why they do this since they can see that you completed it.  

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

34 minutes ago, vintash said:

31 minutes ago, parsha said:

week 9 too

no update at all, really scary....

27 minutes ago, nasa2016 said:

Thank you for keeping it positive @Ahmed & Amy! The waiting is so hard, especially with this unpredictable delay. It is also so hard to explain to others what is going on, it really helps to share with others in this same situation. So I'll second you: hopefully soon we will all see the 3 n/a's and get good news from NVC!

It's difficult to stay positive; my optimism is up and down :rolleyes: My parents, my sons, and all my other relatives, constantly ask when we're coming. It can be nerve racking to explain time and time again; that we're still waiting for our case to be complete @ the NVC, and when it is complete we will finally get the interview at the embassy, and when he get's approved, hopefully we will be in the US shortly after (ideally if their isn't a long AP time).

I understand that it's difficult for our friends and family too, but the stress that we feel can never truly be explained or expressed. I'm so thankful that I had found VisaJourney, because everyone on the this forum have been amazingly helpful; whether with their support, friendliness, or just the fact that we're all going through the same thing. 

We must carry on knowing that we're almost finished with this nightmare and will soon be reunited with our loved ones. All this hardship, sleepless nights, hearts heavy filled with anxiety, will eventually fade and we'll be be at ease. :) 

Week 9 now, I have contacted my Congress woman, and given her my Information Release today too.. hopefully they will be able to help or at least give me information!  

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

2 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

Today marks the end of 11 weeks/starting 12th week for me.... And I just read this stuff:

http://www.independentsentinel.com/state-rushing-refugees-into-us-77-of-refugees-are-from-the-seven-terror-countries/

I guess the "refugees" are more important than us, people who already earn and help support the society here... and pay for this government to exist... 

Sigh.

You know that's not a real news source, right?

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

2 minutes ago, BethyWink said:

Week 9 now, I have contacted my Congress woman, and given her my Information Release today too.. hopefully they will be able to help or at least give me information!  

I hope so too. Good luck, and keep us posted on what your congress women says. 

1 minute ago, BethyWink said:

We have the same scan date so I'm following you.  Hope you get some info!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline
2 minutes ago, afortunada said:

You know that's not a real news source, right?

More of a news source than CNN, Buzzfeed & MSNBC... 

It's not like there was a sudden huge influx of us citizens going out there and getting married that caused this massive backlog... 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.