dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
9 minutes ago, afortunada said:

When I was in this process, NVC site said 6 weeks and mine took 10 :(

It seems ~10 weeks is the average for CC right now. Hang in there!

I hope so. I'm so fearful it'll be longer and I don't know what's happening. 

Are you complete? 

1 minute ago, vintash said:

I hope so. I'm so fearful it'll be longer and I don't know what's happening. 

Are you complete? 

Yes. My scan date was November 14th, and my "case complete" date was January 24th (10 weeks and 2 days). Check my signature timeline for more details. 

I panicked, I cried every day, I called every day. The calling really makes no difference, but I couldn't help it; I don't recommend it, though, because it's a terrible feeling to not hear anything different. It is, however, helpful to know when your case was sent to the "review department" because usually you get a CC within two weeks after that. Have you heard about your documents being sent to that department yet?

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Somalia
Timeline
4 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Yes. My scan date was November 14th, and my "case complete" date was January 24th (10 weeks and 2 days). Check my signature timeline for more details. 

I panicked, I cried every day, I called every day. The calling really makes no difference, but I couldn't help it; I don't recommend it, though, because it's a terrible feeling to not hear anything different. It is, however, helpful to know when your case was sent to the "review department" because usually you get a CC within two weeks after that. Have you heard about your documents being sent to that department yet?

my case was sent to department review on 1/20, so 3 weeks tomorrow..that IS unordinary, right?

18 minutes ago, afortunada said:

I know we've talked before, but my case was also approved for expedited processing. In my case, though, I had to wait to complete the NVC process until my case was forwarded to the embassy.

Here is what you need to do: call the NVC and ask if you are going to be scheduling your own interview, or if the embassy will provide one to you. Even if NVC has nothing to do with your case anymore, they should be able to tell you how you will receive your interview date. If you get a bad representative who can't explain, then just try to call back and ask again. If they say the embassy will provide a date, then just wait. 

For my consulate I had to schedule my own interview, but it looks like your country doesn't have an online portal. So I think that the embassy will provide you with a date. Do you have the phone number for your embassy? Here is some info I found for you: To follow up on the process of an Immigrant Visa or Non-Immigrant Visa case, send an email to support-dominicanrepublic@ustraveldocs.com or call (829) 956-5144 (this is a local number, do not dial 1) in Santo Domingo or (703) 988-3410 in the United States.

You have been such help, I appreciate the time you took to explain all this to me. I found an online portal for DR to schedule fingerprints and interview. I called the embassy they said I should wait for the instructions. So they said the embassy will notify me, however I tried scheduling it myself and it actually allowed me to do so. I'm gonna give it a week for documents to reach to than schedule an interview. Or call the embassy 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Nigeria
Timeline
5 hours ago, Fost04mach said:

I have a 4x4 jeep, I'd gladly offer rides to any of them that want to get the hours paid for working on my case... :D  I'll even play Eye of the tiger on the way there to motivate them.

lol.. ROTF @ Eye of the tiger.... 

I-130 for " Chicago Lock-box "

Applying for my 2 children...

Sent I-130 to Chicago Lock-box

Sent on --- 08/29/2016

Received --- 08/31/2016

NOA 1 : 09/01/2016

Sent to : Potomac Service Center

NOA 2 : 01/03/2017

NVC:

Sent AOS & IV Packets:02/01/2017
Scan Date: 02/10/2017
Case Complete: 04/24/2017
Interview Date: **/**/****
Visa Approved: **/**/****
Visa In Hand: **/**/****

********************************************************************************************************

~"Our willingness to wait reveals the value we place on what we are waiting for..."~

~Charles Stanley~

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
39 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Omg all I do is cry. We've been doing this for 3 years and I keep getting upset thinking how time is passing us and we haven't started our life together. I hate it so much. Our scan date was dec 8th. They said it got sent to supervisor/ document review on jan 24 I believe. We're almost don't the 9 th week next week will be 10. I kept asking does it go over 12 weeks and the one rep said in her experience she hasn't seen it. But allow up to 6 weeks from the time it got sent to supervisor.  Its so nerve wracking. I have to go on with work and life like I'm not in pain or freaking but I'm freaking !!!

2 hours ago, CSG said:

My husbands case was approved for expedited processing 02/07.... I checked the nvc website today and my case status states "in transit to the consulate/embassy" does this mean I should be getting an interview date soon? My embassy is Santo Domingo. Anyone in here has been through the expediting process. It was approved and the email states this case was approved by your consulate general  for expedite processing and the file will be immediately forwarded from the NVC to the embassy.  

Hi. Do you mind if i ask the reason for your expedite? We got approved for expedite but I don't believe ours speeds up the NVC part. Was yours for medical expedite? They're the fastest from what I've seen 

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

3 hours ago, ajmiyazaki said:

Hi! I am also in basically the same situation as TokyoHNL and I just found this thread.  I am also in the 7th week of waiting and I am also planning on quitting my job at the end of March.  I am the Petitioner and I understand that I may have to go back to the US before my wife and kids, but I'd love to attend the interview or at least know that it has been scheduled before I go!  

I'm curious where you are checking your status that states "AT NVC".  When I log into the VISA status check at ceac.state.gov, a screen pops up with our case number and a message to "please follow the instructions..." regarding the six steps to take with the NVC before an interview can be made.  I'm feeling a bit anxious as to whether they have our paperwork or not!

Thanks for all of the great information!  

Where it says that information about please follow the instructions, it should say "AT NVC" just above that.  I've found out since the earlier post of mine that it will say AT NVC until it's case complete .... so it doesn't really tell us anything.

Got married: 26th Sep 2013 

I-130 Petition Process:

Sent petition to USCIS Chicago lockbox (via in-laws to put check in US$): 11 Mar, 2016

NOA1: 24 Mar, 2016 (email notification 30 Mar. Hardcopy 11 Apr)

Service Centre: NEBRASKA

NOA2: 3rd Aug 2016

Petition sent to NVC: 18th Aug 2016

NVC Stage

Case number assigned: 8th Sep 2016

Paid AOS Fee: 9th Sep 2016

Paid IV Fee: 14th Sep 2016

DS-260 submitted: 25th Jan 2017

AOS & IV Package sent: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite requested: 25th Jan 2017

Expedite approved (consulate only): 1st Feb 2017

Scan Date: 31st Jan 2017

Case Complete: 14th April 2017 (10 weeks 4 days)

Full expedite approved (bypass NVC to send file to embassy), however too late as I already had case complete 17th Apr 2017

Case arrived at Embassy: 21st April 2017

P4 letter received: 26th April 2017 (expedite at embassy stage so this came from the consulate, not NVC)

Medical date: 26th April 2017

Interview date: 4th May 2017 APPROVED!!

Visa received: 8th May 2017 

POE (entered the USA): 15th May 2017 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 hours ago, vintash said:

Omg all I do is cry. We've been doing this for 3 years and I keep getting upset thinking how time is passing us and we haven't started our life together. I hate it so much. Our scan date was dec 8th. They said it got sent to supervisor/ document review on jan 24 I believe. We're almost don't the 9 th week next week will be 10. I kept asking does it go over 12 weeks and the one rep said in her experience she hasn't seen it. But allow up to 6 weeks from the time it got sent to supervisor.  Its so nerve wracking. I have to go on with work and life like I'm not in pain or freaking but I'm freaking !!!

Hang in there @vintash! I know the feeling, and I think we have all done a lot of crying - I know I have, as well as had days at work where I just zoom out, log in to ceac over and over again, or spend time calling the NVC - which as many has pointed out doesn't really help :-(

So do we have anyone (except you lucky electronic filers :-) with CC that had a scan date in december? I'm 11/28 (10 weeks and 3 days...) and still nothing.

-- IR1 for Wife and Son - 11/28 Scan date - 1/11 Flagged for Supervisor - 1/18 "Sent to review team"

3 hours ago, vintash said:

4 hours ago, afortunada said:

@afortunada & @vintash I feel for you both...for us all really.

I've been away from my family for so long now, and some may say it's no big deal...a little longer won't kill ya. But it does still hurt. I am thankful that I am with my husband and our daughter, but being away from my sons even longer than I have already, is killing me. They ask me all the time, "Mom, any news?" "Mom, did you get complete today?" It's heart breaking. Visits and video chatting has helped, but it's still of course not the same. 

Hopefully soon we'll all be reunited with our families. 

Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
7 hours ago, TeeA10 said:

Just throwing it out there that for employment based visas (EB) the 3 N/A rule doesn't hold true, as we are exempt from AOS fees, so we have exempt instead of PAID under the AOS fees. For me i've have  3 N/As right from the start, but i guess not where it matters.

Unfortunately we who are under EB category can't check case status online as we have 3 N/A's from the start. There is no way. You just need to call and ask them. Now I'm calling every day.

Filed: EB-5 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
3 hours ago, AlexUA said:

Unfortunately we who are under EB category can't check case status online as we have 3 N/A's from the start. There is no way. You just need to call and ask them. Now I'm calling every day.

Yeah. Its too nerve racking, i'll try and keep it at twice a week. Hopefully i can, i also email weekly and they have been good at replying emails in 24 hours.

Filed: Timeline

Do they work today?

I wonder will they work on weekend instead of yesterdays day off?

December 2009 - First met.

February 2010 - Start of our relationship <3
January 7 2016 -Our Wedding in a romantic town of Aeroskobing <3

April 1 2016 - Sent CR1 package to RapidVisa.

April 18 2016 - CR1 Package delivered to USCIS Phoenix lock box.

April 22 2016 - Acceptance notification received by email. Case sent to Nebraska Service Center.

May 03 2016 - NOA1 hard copy received.

May 24 2016 - Return to the US to reestablish domicile.

August 3 2016 - Case transferred to Texas Service Center.

August 29 2016 - I-130 approved! (NOA2) <3 <3 <3

September 30 2016 - NVC Recieved.
November 14 2016 - Sent AOS and IV packages to Rapidvisa! :D
November 29 2016 - SCAN DATE!
February 15 2017 - Case Complete at NVC (11 weeks)
March 28 2017 - My Interview Day! :D (APPROVED!!!)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

This is what I heard from NVC help line rep:

Feb. 8: We have until mid night of today to review your case :-)

Feb.10: We will move your case to priority list for review. We have a huge backlog. Please give us 2 more weeks to complete the review :-(

Our CR-1 Journey:

06/17/2016 : NOA1 date

10/31/2016 : Transferred to Potomac Service Centre

11/30/2016 : Approved!

12/07/2016 : NVC Received

12/12/2016 : Case Number & IIN received (confirmed through phone)

12/12/2016 : Submitted DS-261

12/13/2016 : Welcome Letter from NVC

12/13/2016 : AOS fee invoiced & Paid

12/16/2016 : IV fee invoiced & Paid

12/20/2016 : Submitted DS-260

12/23/2016 : Delivered to NVC

12/28/2016 : Scan date

02/22/2017 : In review dept

03/07/2017 : Case Complete

04/28/2017 : Interview (Approved 🙂)

05/05/2017 : Visa on hand

05/15/2017 : Entered USA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Today February 10th is my wife and daughters interview date. They were approved.  What a roller coaster of a journey. :D:dance::dancing:

I want to take thisopportunity to thank all those how offered their knowledge and experience to assist us.

Thank you Visa Journey 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.