dwheels76

NVC Filers - February 2017

1,353 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Got 3 NA's this morning and called to make sure ... case complete! :) 

Still waiting on the email .... stay strong everyone!

5 hours ago, Joemamma said:

I called today and was advised of three (3) emails.

1. I have some items to correct on the AOS but can have Wife take to nterview.

2. Case Complete notice

3. Interview Date

I am pleased they will allow the AOS information to be presented at the interview and not make me resubmit, whatever the item(s) may be.  

Scan 11-28

CC Feb 2, 2017

Congratulations on your CC's. :)

4 hours ago, bcking said:

My wife is having a hard time as well. She left her job over the summer (THere was a merger and it was either try to fight for a job in London or take redundancy, and fighting for a job in London made no sense since she wasn't sticking around), so she has been struggling to keep herself busy waiting. She can't really look for jobs yet, and you can only update your CV so much. She is volunteering now to kill time, but it is still hard. With our original scan date she should have been here in December, then we got a stupid checklist and here we are. Looking more and more like an April interview.

EDIT: Doesn't help that she won't visit here because we had a horrible harassment experience with immigration the last time she tried. Though I realize some people have it even worse depending on location. I'm visiting her again next week.

4 hours ago, bcking said:

It was not fun. She blamed herself (We sent in a "short form" birth certificate instead of a "long form") for not realizing we needed the longer birth certificate. Honestly the website hides in about 3 clicks deep, and the "short form" is the standard in the UK so even her parents didn't know a "long form" existed. 

I've asked multiple people at the NVC if it is possible to get a second checklist from other documents and they have told me repeatedly that all of our other documents are complete and all they need is the birth certificate. I honestly would not be able to handle another round of this.

I really hope for you to get CC soon. I am so sorry for you both having gone through so much and so much time. Hopefully any day now. :)

6 hours ago, misshepburn said:

Got 3 NA's this morning and called to make sure ... case complete! :) 

Still waiting on the email .... stay strong everyone!

Yay!!!!! Congratulations!!!! :D

6 hours ago, bcking said:

Congrats!

Very lucky you can do electronic processing :(

Wondering why the UK cannot do electronic processing or more countries for that matter as the list is very limited. 

18 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

Wondering why the UK cannot do electronic processing or more countries for that matter as the list is very limited. 

Where can you find the list?  I'm curious if Australia is on it. 

7 minutes ago, CMCorbett said:

Where can you find the list?  I'm curious if Australia is on it. 

https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/Submit_documents.html

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
5 hours ago, Kcaoagas said:

Congrats to all who got their case ✅ December Scan dates are next ??

YES please December scan date please oh please be next! Scan Date 12/6/16

I called them late last night for me, and they stated it was sent to "Supervisor Review" on the 26th of Jan... BLEEHHHH

Met in a magical castle in Poland through our mutual love for Harry Potter. Now can not wait to spend our lives together!

Married: 08/08/2016 in Leavenworth, WA on the lovely Voldemort Day!

Accio Visa!!

USCIS Stage

I-130 Sent to Phoenix: 09/14/2016
I-130 NOA1: 2016-09-21
Transferred to Texas

I-130 NOA2: 2016-10-11

Sent to NVC: 2016-10-25

NVC Stage

*Delayed due to 2.5 week trip to Copenhagen to visit the hubby!*

NVC Received: 2016-11-01

NVC Case Number Assigned: 2016-11-10

IV Bill Received: 2016-11-01

DS-261/AOS Bill Received: 2016-11-15

AOS Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

IV Bill Paid: 2016-11-28

DS-261 Submitted: 2016-12-01

AOS Package Sent: 2016-12-05

AOS/Support Documents Scan Date: 2016-12-14

NVC Sent to Supervisor Review: 2017-01-26

NVC Sent to review Department: 2017-02-10

NVC Case Complete: 2017-03-06

Embassy Stage - Stockholm

Interview Scheduled: 2017-04-11

Entered the Country: 2017-06-20

ROC:

Package Delivered to PHX/Recieved Date: 2019-04-19

Creditcard Charged for Case: 2019-04-24

Text of Recieved date: 2019-04-25

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
3 hours ago, LilyAR said:

Hmmm I just called NVC and the agent said that my files got pulled out on Wednesday, 2/1 for review which is my case is in the review department..anytime soon??? 

Edited by Kcaoagas

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats to all the new CCs. You're almost there... Praying that you all will can get March interview dates!

12 hours ago, bcking said:

Two things new I heard on the phone today:

1. There was an "incident" (she couldnt' go into details) involving November/December which is why things are even more delayed recently than in the past. She said it twice..."Because of the incident..."

2. This lady (not a supervisor) claimed that sometimes supervisors will review multiple files/cases before updating the computer system. So they may complete your case, but not actually update the system that it is complete. When I asked "Do they update it daily? Weekly?" she couldn't say. Seems like a crazy system.

@bcking Interesting to know. Wonder what that "incident" was... Thanks for the update

BTW guys... Does anyone know if we need to provide a phone number when requesting a supervisor to call back? Or do they use one off of the file? I asked for a supervisor call back & the rep said he'll put in the request, but never asked for my phone number... At this point, I don't even care if I get a call back, I'm sure the supervisor isn't gonna give me any new info. But am just curious, since USCIS asked for phone number when requesting a call back.

During the call, I also asked what supervisor review actually means... Rep answered "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I asked if the file is actually sent to a supervisor & reviewed, but the answer was the same "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I then asked what happens if the case isn't completed after being in Sup Review for 6 weeks (total 12 weeks), the answer was "It gets flagged for supervisor review"

After that I asked, since rep works there, if he had seen any cases go beyond 12 weeks without any action not, and what is the approximate average for CCs

Rep Answered: "Sir, there is no average time."..... I asked repeatedly & said how it is mathematically possible to not have an average, but reply to all attempts was "Sir, there is no average time."

If they're reading off of a scripted paper to answer our questions, why can't they follow a scripted process for completing our cases & finish them on time!? Almost made me mad & laugh at the incompetence together.... Seems like the reps are really a hit & miss

2016/05/20: NOA-1 - Petition accepted and sent to Nebraska Service Center... So begins the waiting game :clock:

2016/11/02: NOA-2 - Petition Approved (Had to call to find out, no e-mail or text) :dancing:

2016/11/15: NVC Received

2016/12/08: Sent AOS & IV Packages

2017/03/10: Case Completed :dance:

2017/04/24: Interview Scheduled

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
6 hours ago, Auds said:

My scan date is 20 Dec I believe, but on my daughters files we got an email.   I don't think it was an RFE it basically said Notice of Missing item.  Somehow we misunderstood and sent one AOS form instead of three and one set of financial documents.  Anyway this notification only came around 20 of Jan :'(

Papers were then sent to them now a few days but I guess mine are also on hold and a new 6 week wait starts for us.  Right?

or is there hope mine could get done 

Hopefully you hear back soon most likely they will complete all together.

My scane date is Dec. 20 and still waiting for supervisor to review :(

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
53 minutes ago, Mr&MrsKhiladi said:

Congrats to all the new CCs. You're almost there... Praying that you all will can get March interview dates!

@bcking Interesting to know. Wonder what that "incident" was... Thanks for the update

BTW guys... Does anyone know if we need to provide a phone number when requesting a supervisor to call back? Or do they use one off of the file? I asked for a supervisor call back & the rep said he'll put in the request, but never asked for my phone number... At this point, I don't even care if I get a call back, I'm sure the supervisor isn't gonna give me any new info. But am just curious, since USCIS asked for phone number when requesting a call back.

During the call, I also asked what supervisor review actually means... Rep answered "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I asked if the file is actually sent to a supervisor & reviewed, but the answer was the same "It means your case is flagged that it's over the initial 6 week limit"

I then asked what happens if the case isn't completed after being in Sup Review for 6 weeks (total 12 weeks), the answer was "It gets flagged for supervisor review"

After that I asked, since rep works there, if he had seen any cases go beyond 12 weeks without any action not, and what is the approximate average for CCs

Rep Answered: "Sir, there is no average time."..... I asked repeatedly & said how it is mathematically possible to not have an average, but reply to all attempts was "Sir, there is no average time."

If they're reading off of a scripted paper to answer our questions, why can't they follow a scripted process for completing our cases & finish them on time!? Almost made me mad & laugh at the incompetence together.... Seems like the reps are really a hit & miss

Hi, I also requested for a supervisor to call back and that Rep asked me for best time and number to reach.

Honestly, I feel like they all read a same written script to us that's ridiculous!!

5 hours ago, LilyAR said:

YES please December scan date please oh please be next! Scan Date 12/6/16

Hello, fellow Mexico filer! My husband and I have our consular interview on February 21st - be sure to ask me questions if you want to know what to expect!

Married: 5-July-2015
I-130 Petition Sent: 11-May-2016
NSC Received (Our Priority Date): 12-May-2016
NOA2 Received: 30-September-2016 141 days for I-130 approval
NOA2 Hard Copy Received: 06-October-2016
Petition Sent to NVC: 17-October-2016 17 days for petition to be sent to NVC
NVC Received: 21-October-2016 4 days to be received at NVC
NVC Case Number Assigned: 31-October-2016 10 days for case number to be assigned
NVC Welcome Letter Received: 3-November-2016 @ 12:10 AM 3 days from case number assigned until Welcome Letter received and invoices unlocked
IV and AOS Fees Unlocked: 3-November-2016 @ 7:00 AM
IV and AOS Fees Paid: 3-November-2016
DS-260 Unlocked: 7-November-2016 2.5 business days for DS-260 to be unlocked
DS-260 Submitted: 8-November-2016
AOS and IV Documents Sent: 9-November-2016
Scan Date: 14-November-2016 5 days to receive scan date due to a holiday/weekend
Medical expedite requested: 14-December-2016
Medical expedite approved at consulate: 19-December-2016 Expedite approved with consulate but denied at NVC; still need to wait for case complete
Case on Supervisor Review: 22-December-2016
Case sent to the Review Department: 13-January-2017
Case Complete: 24-January-2017     10 weeks and 2 days at NVC before case completed
Case arrived at consulate/CEAC status "Ready": 1-February-2017
Interview: 21-February-2017   We scheduled our own interview because we had an approved medical expedite with the consulate. By sheer luck we got such a quick interview date because someone cancelled their appointment less than 20 minutes prior
Interview Result: Approved!!
Visa Issued: 21-February-2017     Visa issued same day as interview
DHL tracking information received: 22-February-2017     DHL tracking number appeared 28 hours after interview, scheduled for delivery the next day
Visa in hand: 23-Feb-2017
US POE (Minneapolis): 26-Feb-2017

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
41 minutes ago, afortunada said:

Hello, fellow Mexico filer! My husband and I have our consular interview on February 21st - be sure to ask me questions if you want to know what to expect!

Congratulations! Been cheering and following you on the blog! So happy for you two! One of the main concerns my husband and I have are is wether to fly into Juárez or El Paso and taxi across. Let me know of your experience. Also how early before your appointment are you arriving in Juarez? Additionally I already know my husband will not be allowed in the Consulate, but is there a waiting area in the Consulate? I appreciate any input. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.