2,192 posts in this topic

40 minutes ago, mjnadres said:

Interview tomorrow! I'm so nervous.. Any advice from those who are done with their interviews ? 

Thanks!!

I haven't had my interview yet, but based on what I've read before here are some tips. Make sure both of you know the dates of when/how you met, got engaged, got married, last time either one of you visited the US or Philippines. Just basic important information. Make sure you know where the other person was born, their parents names. Proof of bonafide marriage - joint finances, lease, health insurance, phones, photos of family trips, photos together with other family members and so on. Bring your sealed medical exam if you haven't already submitted it. Bring 2016 tax return documents if you haven't already submitted those. 

Wish you the best of luck! It will go great.

Let us know about your experience! I'm particularly interested cause I'll be having my interview in Chicago as well in about 2 weeks. 

EAD/AP: 02/14/17 - 05/26/17 (101 days)

AOS: 02/14/17 - 06/20/17 (126 days)

ROC: 05/19/19 - 04/23/20 (340 days)

N-400: (249 days)

9/13/2020- Application filed online 

9/21/2020 - NOA1 received 

12/10/2020 - NOA2 biometrics reuse

2/2/2021 - NOA3 N-400 interview scheduled for 3/16/2021

3/8/2021 - NOA4 N-400 interview cancelled 

3/15/2021 - NOA5 N-400 interview re-scheduled 

4/27/2021 - Interview (approved)

4/28/2021 NOA6 Oath ceremony scheduled 

5/20/2021 - Oath ceremony

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

Just a heads up, today I received my EAD :dancing::dancing:

Since April 7th my I-485 says -> Case is ready to be schedule for an interview.

I'm assuming it may take another 2 months of waiting until we get the interview date.

AOS from F1

Spoiler

02/17/17   Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

Day    01   -    02/19/17   Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day    11   -    03/01/17   NOA1 Text & e-mail

Day   14    -    03/04/17   Physical NOA1 received

Day   37    -    03/30/17   Biometrics done

Day   45    -    04/07/17   Status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Day 104    -    06/05/17   EAD/AP received

Day 336    -    01/23/18   Interview scheduled

Day 372    -    02/28/18   Interview and approved on the spot

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
2 minutes ago, carlos7 said:

Just a heads up, today I received my EAD :dancing::dancing:

Since April 7th my I-485 says -> Case is ready to be schedule for an interview.

I'm assuming it may take another 2 months of waiting until we get the interview date.

Congs! My 485 says the same as your , as of April 7 ,, really do we have to wait for two months to get an interview? 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Vaug21 said:

Congs! My 485 says the same as your , as of April 7 ,, really do we have to wait for two months to get an interview? 

It depends on each individual person, you can receive a case update with the date of your interview tomorrow or wait a few months. Usually the green card process takes from 6 months to 9 months but of course it depends on a bunch of factors, thats why I said hopefully two more months to be over with the process.

AOS from F1

Spoiler

02/17/17   Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

Day    01   -    02/19/17   Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Day    11   -    03/01/17   NOA1 Text & e-mail

Day   14    -    03/04/17   Physical NOA1 received

Day   37    -    03/30/17   Biometrics done

Day   45    -    04/07/17   Status changed to "Ready to be scheduled for an interview"

Day 104    -    06/05/17   EAD/AP received

Day 336    -    01/23/18   Interview scheduled

Day 372    -    02/28/18   Interview and approved on the spot

4 hours ago, carlos7 said:

It depends on each individual person, you can receive a case update with the date of your interview tomorrow or wait a few months. Usually the green card process takes from 6 months to 9 months but of course it depends on a bunch of factors, thats why I said hopefully two more months to be over with the process.

It solely depends on the field office how fast you get an interview date. You have Orlando as a field office and according to the current VJ member data it took 185 days from filing to the interview date. 

I tried to call uscis customer service since it's been 30 days since i last raised my SR and 120 days since my PD. Unfortunately, i got connected to a very rude customer service, she said i should not call again since my case is still under current processing time, that i should just wait. I asked her when is the best time to follow up?  she said NOOOOO you dont need to call again, she said it over and over again.  :( i just want to cry.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am so happy now, my heart skipped a beat! After 98 days of no RFE and no service request, EAD status now is New Card is Being Produced, thank God!

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

Sept. 2020 - i-751 status "Case Was Transferred to a New Office". Transferred to NBC.

April 12, 2021 - N400 interview in LA passed (with a pending i-751)

May 20, 2021 - I-751 status changed to Approved and N400 status changed to Oath Will Be Scheduled. 🤩

May 21, 2021 - received a call and email from USCIS Los Angeles with my NOA with my oath schedule.

May 28, 2021 - oath taking schedule in USCIS DTLA office. 😍

6 minutes ago, Gingerspike said:

I am so happy now, my heart skipped a beat! After 98 days of no RFE and no service request, EAD status now is New Card is Being Produced, thank God!

Congrats :)

I am still waiting...

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Timeline
Just now, Becci391 said:

Congrats :)

I am still waiting...

Thank you, Becci. They are seriously backlogged. Your time will come, too. :)

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

Sept. 2020 - i-751 status "Case Was Transferred to a New Office". Transferred to NBC.

May 20, 2021 - I-751 status changed to Approved and N400 status changed to Oath Will Be Scheduled. 🤩

May 21, 2021 - received a call and email from USCIS Los Angeles with my NOA with my oath schedule.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
19 minutes ago, j217 said:

I tried to call uscis customer service since it's been 30 days since i last raised my SR and 120 days since my PD. Unfortunately, i got connected to a very rude customer service, she said i should not call again since my case is still under current processing time, that i should just wait. I asked her when is the best time to follow up?  she said NOOOOO you dont need to call again, she said it over and over again.  :( i just want to cry.

Sorry dear , just hang in there it will come , who knows maybe this week .. stop calling them 

3 minutes ago, Gingerspike said:

Thank you, Becci. They are seriously backlogged. Your time will come, too. :)

Are they backlogged again???? :angry:

I would love to write applications and also to tell people that I can legally work in the US. I get turned down because of not having my work permit yet...

ROC Timeline

Timeline
41 minutes ago, Becci391 said:

Are they backlogged again???? :angry:

I would love to write applications and also to tell people that I can legally work in the US. I get turned down because of not having my work permit yet...

I guess so. Although the processing time says Feb 27, I know you filed a few days earlier than me, so I'm thinking they still have mounds of paperwork from earlier dates. Hang in there. Soon we will all be complaining how tiring our jobs are. :D

Current timeline:

July 2019 - filed I-751

August 2020 - filed N400

30 minutes ago, Gingerspike said:

I guess so. Although the processing time says Feb 27, I know you filed a few days earlier than me, so I'm thinking they still have mounds of paperwork from earlier dates. Hang in there. Soon we will all be complaining how tiring our jobs are. :D

Haha....you mighy be right 😅

I hope I'll get an update soon :)

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, j217 said:

I am sorry for that :( Yesterday I called USCIS and I also got connected to a really rude customer service. Her mic was not working properly and she just refused to repeat the questions. Is very frustrating how a few of these persons have no training dealing with people. Later I tried again and luckily a really nice person answered.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.