2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

So many people getting their EAD approvals ! Congratulations everybody!

I'm hoping to get mine soon! :D

ROC

04/27/19 - Application sent (I-751)

04/29/19 - Application arrived at USCIS (TX P.O. Box)

05/06/19 - Received NOA1 and extension letter in the mail (dated as received on 04/30 and emitted on 05/03)

07/12/19 - Changed Address with USCIS (IN to CA)

10/16/19 - Biometrics Appointment

03/09/20 - Case Transferred to NBC

03/25/20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

03/15/21 - Infopass Appointmet to get I-551 stamp

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N400 + I751) 

NATURALIZATION

09/29/20 - Filed application online (N-400)

10/05/20 - Received physical copy of NOA1

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N-400 + I-751)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
5 minutes ago, ifdv said:

Helo everyone!

Status changed for EAD today.. it now says, "New Card is being produced".

Also applied for AP but status still says, "Case was received"

does that mean AP was not approved? 

NOA: March 3rd

Biometrics done: March 21st

AP very often doesn't get updated. It's likely that your AP was approved too but it may take a while for it to update, if it even updates at all. You'll get the NOA 2's for the documents soon so you'll see if it was approved as well.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

AP very often doesn't get updated. It's likely that your AP was approved too but it may take a while for it to update, if it even updates at all. You'll get the NOA 2's for the documents soon so you'll see if it was approved as well.

will the card arrive soon then?

thank you

Timeline
20 minutes ago, Pandova said:

So many people getting their EAD approvals ! Congratulations everybody!

I'm hoping to get mine soon! :D

soon you will :) hang in there

Timeline
1 hour ago, TL2016 said:

Same here! 

After looking at the USCIS Tracker app, quite a few people got their approvals today which is great. Now let's hope we get our cards soon.

True!!! We should have it this week. 🙂

AOS 2017: 

2/2/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago via Fedex

2/6/2017: AOS, AED and AP received and signed. 

2/10/2017: Fingerprint fee received

2/14/2017: NOA1 received through text and email

2/14/2017: Cheque was encashed

2/17/2017: NOA1 hard copies received for AOS, AED and AP via mail. 

2/21/2017: Called USCIS to update DOB on AED due to typo error on NOA1 hard copy received.

3/11/2017: DOB updated in AED

3/11/2017: Biometric letter received via mail. 

3/21/2017: Biometric scheduled and DONE in York, PA.

4/26/2017: Called USCIS for service request on AED since Its more than (75 days). Rep provided a reference #.

4/27/2017: (AED)Service request completed

5/3/2017: (AED) Card Is Being Produced 

5/8/2017: Approval notice for both AED and AP received through mail. 

5/8/2017: Card Was Mailed To Me 

5/10/2017: Combo Card (AED & AP) received

6/24/2017: (Greencard) Card is being Produced | NO INTERVIEW

Hi everyone !

My AP and AOS got accepted on january 9 at chicago lockbox but EAD got rejected because of missing signature, and I had to refile it and then it got accepted on february 6th. I have received the AP document and my AOS interview has been scheduled for May 18th but for the EAD its been over 90 days and there's no update.

Am I correct in concluding that only those filers are getting approved whose AOS interview has not yet scheduled ? Or is there anyone who has experienced otherwise ?

Timeline
1 minute ago, mhbrz said:

Hi everyone !

My AP and AOS got accepted on january 9 at chicago lockbox but EAD got rejected because of missing signature, and I had to refile it and then it got accepted on february 6th. I have received the AP document and my AOS interview has been scheduled for May 18th but for the EAD its been over 90 days and there's no update.

Am I correct in concluding that only those filers are getting approved whose AOS interview has not yet scheduled ? Or is there anyone who has experienced otherwise ?

It doesn't matter if your interview is already scheduled or not. But chances are that they won't bother with yout EAD if your AOS interview is coming up so soon. If you get approved on the spot, they'll deny your EAD anyway based on other benefits granted (in your case, your green card). 

Just now, TL2016 said:

It doesn't matter if your interview is already scheduled or not. But chances are that they won't bother with yout EAD if your AOS interview is coming up so soon. If you get approved on the spot, they'll deny your EAD anyway based on other benefits granted (in your case, your green card). 

Thats what I was thinking and this was the basis of my question: they normally close EAD application saying "benefit received by other means" once they approve the green card. But I hope it doesnt mean that they wont approve the EAD "until" they approve my green card (which may still take a few weeks after the AOS interview) and put even more delay in my work authorization. I just dont wanna wait for so long. Already broke without job. I see so many february filers here getting their EAD cards already.

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline

Hi guys ! Am sorry for posting this here but i need some advise on what to do cause am stressing out and too scared of what is going to come out it,, it is my second time to come in the USA i enetred with a B1/B2 visa on 9th 09/ 2016 ,, i met my boyfreind who is my husband now , things moved very quick and he said he wanted to marry me that he never wanted me to leave , yea he is anice Man  So we got married right away on 2/Nov .2016 .. and i was alittle nervous about filling my Paperwork but i gathered the Strength and i filled on 14/02/2017 , did my Biometrics on 31/3/2017 , my AOS case status states that Case ready to be scheduled for interview ,, yea hvn't  got The EAD cause its still pending but am scared does anyone know what will come out of that cause of the 90 day rule , its scaring ,, "what i don't understand was i supposed to be married after 90 days or within the 90 day period ,, thank you very much 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vaug21 said:

Hi guys ! Am sorry for posting this here but i need some advise on what to do cause am stressing out and too scared of what is going to come out it,, it is my second time to come in the USA i enetred with a B1/B2 visa on 9th 09/ 2016 ,, i met my boyfreind who is my husband now , things moved very quick and he said he wanted to marry me that he never wanted me to leave , yea he is anice Man  So we got married right away on 2/Nov .2016 .. and i was alittle nervous about filling my Paperwork but i gathered the Strength and i filled on 14/02/2017 , did my Biometrics on 31/3/2017 , my AOS case status states that Case ready to be scheduled for interview ,, yea hvn't  got The EAD cause its still pending but am scared does anyone know what will come out of that cause of the 90 day rule , its scaring ,, "what i don't understand was i supposed to be married after 90 days or within the 90 day period ,, thank you very much 

That rule doesn't apply to you. You came on a tourist visa and the vast majority of the rest here are adjusting from family based visas. 

Timeline
Just now, TL2016 said:

That rule doesn't apply to you. You came on a tourist visa and the vast majority of the rest here are adjusting from family based visas. 

1 minute ago, TL2016 said:

Does it mean i should expect a denial ?? 

Timeline
4 minutes ago, Vaug21 said:

Does it mean i should expect a denial ?? 

No, but you should probably expect some scrutiny during your interview. You got married less than 2 months after entering the US on a tourist visa to someone you just met. You'll also be getting an interview since your case isn't eligible for a waiver so all you can do is really prepare well for the interview. 

Timeline
2 minutes ago, TL2016 said:

No, but you should probably expect some scrutiny during your interview. You got married less than 2 months after entering the US on a tourist visa to someone you just met. You'll also be getting an interview since your case isn't eligible for a waiver so all you can do is really prepare well for the interview. 

Ok thank you very much :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.