2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, allyrose said:

This EXACT thing happened to us, and I posted about it in this thread. Do not resend the package. Wait the 30 days and then call USCIS to see what they say. We called almost everyday and they told us they had no AOS form on file for us, and to wait it out. It was infuriating. We contacted the post office and put in a claim for missing mail, even though it said it was delivered. Then on the 1st, we got our e notification with receipt number. Our package arrived the 10th, and was not scanned in until the first, 19 days later. We got all ready to send another packet in too. My advice, from someone who literally JUST went through that, is wait out the full 30 days and then call USCIS and raise some hell. 

3 hours ago, Framework said:

Ours was supposed to be delivered on feb 14th via usps priority mail to the po box.  

Tracking says that it is still in transit but that it arrived at the post office. I filed a missing mail report but i think I'm going to have to send another packet because the k1 visa expires on the 5th, at least i can get another one post marked before then.  I plan on waiting until it is received to cancel the original check.

I dont have any evidence that i filed right now because at this point, i have to assume the post office lost the packet.

Thanks for the replies. I'll give the USCIS office a call and see if they have any updates for me as USPS has been less than helpful. Other than that I guess I'll wait 

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Timeline
1 minute ago, Miggel42 said:

Do you guys know if it's safe to fly to a different state just with the NOA's my wife's mother is sick and she wants to take me along. My I -94 is expired 

Inside US territory is totally safe, don't go abroad without AP though

Tasha

Sent our AOS package on 2/25. It was received on 2/27 and our check was cashed 3/3. Looking at the processing timelines is slightly discouraging but I am happy in 5 days it has at least been opened and money taken. I was going to send a money order but I'm glad I went with check to track process. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got our NOA1s in the mail today! Unfortunately they came with the same problem everyone else is having: no date of birth, no notice date, and no received date. I have scheduled an Infopass appointment to get the complete version of the NOA1, since I will need to show it to extend my driver's license.

ROC

04/27/19 - Application sent (I-751)

04/29/19 - Application arrived at USCIS (TX P.O. Box)

05/06/19 - Received NOA1 and extension letter in the mail (dated as received on 04/30 and emitted on 05/03)

07/12/19 - Changed Address with USCIS (IN to CA)

10/16/19 - Biometrics Appointment

03/09/20 - Case Transferred to NBC

03/25/20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

03/15/21 - Infopass Appointmet to get I-551 stamp

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N400 + I751) 

NATURALIZATION

09/29/20 - Filed application online (N-400)

10/05/20 - Received physical copy of NOA1

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N-400 + I-751)

6 hours ago, Scienceteacher15 said:

Sent our AOS package on 2/25. It was received on 2/27 and our check was cashed 3/3. Looking at the processing timelines is slightly discouraging but I am happy in 5 days it has at least been opened and money taken. I was going to send a money order but I'm glad I went with check to track process. 

Your dates are perfectly fine, you'll get your NOA's in the next few hours, I remember my check was cashed and withing the next 10 minutes I was receiving my NOA's.

6 minutes ago, Miggel42 said:

Your dates are perfectly fine, you'll get your NOA's in the next few hours, I remember my check was cashed and withing the next 10 minutes I was receiving my NOA's.

Awesome!!! Thanks for the info! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Miggel42 said:

Does everybody have the same problem tracking the case through the USCIS website with my NOA  I tried to do it but it says -Error may have occurred (or something like that) 

Yeah, I am having the same problem. It looks like their tracking system is down.

Really disappointing to pay over 1200 dollars and have to deal with mistakes on printed NOAs and not being able to track our cases.. :angry:

ROC

04/27/19 - Application sent (I-751)

04/29/19 - Application arrived at USCIS (TX P.O. Box)

05/06/19 - Received NOA1 and extension letter in the mail (dated as received on 04/30 and emitted on 05/03)

07/12/19 - Changed Address with USCIS (IN to CA)

10/16/19 - Biometrics Appointment

03/09/20 - Case Transferred to NBC

03/25/20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

03/15/21 - Infopass Appointmet to get I-551 stamp

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N400 + I751) 

NATURALIZATION

09/29/20 - Filed application online (N-400)

10/05/20 - Received physical copy of NOA1

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N-400 + I-751)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline

I posted AOS packaged with I-765 and I-131 on 21st Feb. Received in Chicago on 24th Feb.

Cheque was cleared yesterday evening but still no email no txt and no post or any NOAs for any of my 3 cases :/

... I know I need to patient but I worry on why others received it and I got nothing so far ...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.