2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline

Finally some progress:

Sent the package by UPS: February 13

Arrived at Chicago Lockbox: February 14

Check cashed: March 1

Still waiting for text/email notifications, but at least that's our first sign of movement... :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi everyone! 

Anyone here who is from Pennsylvania? And submitted their docs last Feb 2? We got our NOA1 text, email and hard copies already. Im wondering if anyone with same timeline who got their biometric appointment letter yet? 

Ladz

AOS 2017: 

2/2/2017: AOS, AED and AP sent to USCIS Chicago via Fedex

2/6/2017: AOS, AED and AP received and signed. 

2/10/2017: Fingerprint fee received

2/14/2017: NOA1 received through text and email

2/14/2017: Cheque was encashed

2/17/2017: NOA1 hard copies received for AOS, AED and AP via mail. 

2/21/2017: Called USCIS to update DOB on AED due to typo error on NOA1 hard copy received.

3/11/2017: DOB updated in AED

3/11/2017: Biometric letter received via mail. 

3/21/2017: Biometric scheduled and DONE in York, PA.

4/26/2017: Called USCIS for service request on AED since Its more than (75 days). Rep provided a reference #.

4/27/2017: (AED)Service request completed

5/3/2017: (AED) Card Is Being Produced 

5/8/2017: Approval notice for both AED and AP received through mail. 

5/8/2017: Card Was Mailed To Me 

5/10/2017: Combo Card (AED & AP) received

6/24/2017: (Greencard) Card is being Produced | NO INTERVIEW

Good day, my check was cashed out early this morning, March 3. Waiting for mail notification..:)

:goofy: K1 & K2 Journey:goofy:  

AOS Timeline

Packet sent: Febuary 13,2017

:goofy:Packet Received: Febuary 15,2017:goofy:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
22 hours ago, Sabazou said:

Still no update from USCIS or the post office with regards to the application that was supposed to be delivered Feb 17th. At this point I'm ready to just re-send the package but I don't want to have the old one someday show up and then get charged $1225 twice. Anyone have any advice here?

This EXACT thing happened to us, and I posted about it in this thread. Do not resend the package. Wait the 30 days and then call USCIS to see what they say. We called almost everyday and they told us they had no AOS form on file for us, and to wait it out. It was infuriating. We contacted the post office and put in a claim for missing mail, even though it said it was delivered. Then on the 1st, we got our e notification with receipt number. Our package arrived the 10th, and was not scanned in until the first, 19 days later. We got all ready to send another packet in too. My advice, from someone who literally JUST went through that, is wait out the full 30 days and then call USCIS and raise some hell. 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

Timeline
23 hours ago, Sabazou said:

Still no update from USCIS or the post office with regards to the application that was supposed to be delivered Feb 17th. At this point I'm ready to just re-send the package but I don't want to have the old one someday show up and then get charged $1225 twice. Anyone have any advice here?

Ours was supposed to be delivered on feb 14th via usps priority mail to the po box.  

Tracking says that it is still in transit but that it arrived at the post office. I filed a missing mail report but i think I'm going to have to send another packet because the k1 visa expires on the 5th, at least i can get another one post marked before then.  I plan on waiting until it is received to cancel the original check.

I dont have any evidence that i filed right now because at this point, i have to assume the post office lost the packet.

Timeline

Hello everyone! I am confused regarding Alien #. I am under K1 visa and will be submitting my AOS soon but I cannot find A# on any of the NOAs, Visa, nor in I-94. Should I only state "NONE"? Thank you for your help.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, IMPC said:

Hello everyone! I am confused regarding Alien #. I am under K1 visa and will be submitting my AOS soon but I cannot find A# on any of the NOAs, Visa, nor in I-94. Should I only state "NONE"? Thank you for your help.

Hi. it should be on your NOA2 from K1. its under or beside your names :) look again. it starts with an A.

Timeline
49 minutes ago, ifdv said:

Hi. it should be on your NOA2 from K1. its under or beside your names :) look again. it starts with an A.

I have been looking for it and I haven't noticed it not until today!!! :D thank you so much!!! lol maybe because I am anxious! Thank you very much!

Timeline
56 minutes ago, NorthByNorthwest said:

IMPC: Your A-number is on your approved I-129F, which you need to provide a copy of with your AOS in any case.

Thank you! Got it! :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Poland
Timeline

I agree with he advice to wait it out. We sent our package on the Feb 7th and FINALLY got e-mail and text notification on March the 1at. Some people just wait longer, but please don't lose hope. I stressed WAY TOO MUCH because of that. 

Timeline
41 minutes ago, IMPC said:

I have been looking for it and I haven't noticed it not until today!!! :D thank you so much!!! lol maybe because I am anxious! Thank you very much!

no worries, same thing happens to most of us. youre welcome! :) 

Timeline

hi guys! for K1 visa, do we still need to provide divorce decree when filing AOS? I am confused coz I read some received RFE and was required to resubmit divorce decree of prev. marriages.  Thanks for your response!

Timeline
3 minutes ago, IMPC said:

hi guys! for K1 visa, do we still need to provide divorce decree when filing AOS? I am confused coz I read some received RFE and was required to resubmit divorce decree of prev. marriages.  Thanks for your response!

better just send copies then just in-case. for safety and peace of mind. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.