2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
5 hours ago, nachnam said:

Hi everyone! 

We sent our package on 02/08. Received NOA1s last tuesday. The NOAS did not have dates etc on them. Spoke to USCIS. The lady was rude and told me it was not possible for the dates not to be printed. We basically got nowhere with it and I was told nothing could be done about it. the case status check was not working. I was again told that the receipt numbers are incorrect. I felt stressed and uneasy after the call. I managed to make an infopass appointment for last friday. The lady at the office was very nice and managed to rectify the problem by contacting MSC and asking them to fax over duplicate copies they have with the dates. The whole process for her was a nightmare because she had to jump through hoops to get it done for me too but she told me having those dates is a must . I asked her about the online case status check , she told it is down and that they are unable to access it as well but they are working on getting it fixed. 

I would urge everyone that has the same problem to make an infopass appointment if possible. I know some you may be far from an office. It was really worth our journey and time. It really has put me at ease because having those dates on NOAs are very important when I-94 expires. It proves our immigration status

Also I read on another website that infopass appointments open up 4pm-6pm Texas Time or 3pm-5pm East coast time. 

I was able to make an appointment  for next day at 4.15 my time then needed to change it as it did not suit my husbands work schedule so I managed to make another one at around 5pm for 2 days later. 

Just waiting for biometrics appointment now

Hope this helps!!

Did you just take the NOA1's and passport with you to your local office? I have mine on the 15th to get the NOA1's reprinted.

For $1,225, you'd think they'd be able to print off the form with all the correct information, wouldn't you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
1 minute ago, Absolutely said:

Did you just take the NOA1's and passport with you to your local office? I have mine on the 15th to get the NOA1's reprinted.

For $1,225, you'd think they'd be able to print off the form with all the correct information, wouldn't you.

Exactly!

So as I keep checking the receipt numbers every day without one of them working, today it did work. The bad thing is that we got an initial RFE. We will see what's missing, hopefully it's not that bad.

I made an info pass appointment march 9 what a nice day to celebrate my birthday at USCIS ???Maybe they move it on faster as a gift ;) 

K1 VISA

07/14/16....I-129F mailed to Lewisville, TX

07/21/16....Delivered to Lewisville, TX

07/22/16....NOA1 Text and Email. Case sent to CSC

07/28/16....NOA1 hard copy

09/01/16....NOA2 Text and Email

09/06/16....NOA2 hard copy

11/15/16....Medical in Munich

11/21/16....Interview in Frankfurt

12/06/16....Visa in hand

01/04/17....Arriving in Chicago

02/10/17....Wedding

AOS

02/11/17....I-485 -EAD and AP sent

02/13/17....Check cashed

02/13/17....NOA1 E-Notification

02/19/17....NOA1 Hard copy

03/06/17....RFIE

03/10/17....RFIE sent back

03/10/17....Biometrics letter

03/20/17....Biometrics appointment

04/28/17....EAD New Card Ordered

05/02/17....EAD Mailed

05/03/17....AP NOA Mail recieved

05/05/17....EAD AP Combo Card in Mail

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview Sheduled

XX/XX/XX....AOS Interview

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 02/28/2017 at 4:21 PM, VividDreamer said:

I'm going to attempt to call tomorrow morning, or failing that on Thursday since I've got a lot of stuff planned tomorrow and I might not get to it. I'll keep the thread posted :)

So. I called today, got put through to another line for the immigration services officers, then was given a call back time.

4 hours later - I got my callback. The guy calling me was extremely rude and didn't understand the problem at all, no matter how many times I explained my notices don't have dates or information he kept circling back to, "As I already told you, we have your case and it is being processed." I told him I wasn't concerned about the processing but that fact that my case is untrackable through the online or phone services and my notices are missing information!

Also went to the SC DMV today for my license. I used my undated NOA1 and they didn't actually have an issue with it but I don't know if they noticed it. They gave me a temporary paper license while my forms and card get sent to the bigger office in the state to confirm my legal presence. I really hope that doesn't present an issue now - that the DMV people actually call and confirm and don't just plug your receipt number in to confirm. It's been 3 visits to the DMV to get this license and I'll be savage if they revoke it now! Not that I need to drive that badly - but my husband's insurance won't let him *not* insure me, but they won't insure me without me having a US license. Everything is roundabout!

2 hours ago, raini7 said:

This is rejection notice of my k2 son. I signed in the "signature of person preparing form, if other than above" instead of "signature of applicant" think I am the preparer . And uscis sent all out documents and forms back . But I dont understand what is priority date as it is mentioned in this form i-797c -"based on the information you provided, your priority date couldnt be established" i dont understand what does it mean. And also there is written so many forms. i.e. i-130, i-140, i-360, i-526 in his i-797c .it made me even more confused. Do anyone know here which form should we send for the AOS of k2? I sent was

i-485, i-131 , i-765 and his biometric. Plz help. Thankx

rps20170301_181553.jpghi, when did you submit the form and when it was returned to you?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Miggel42 said:
2 hours ago, raini7 said:

This is rejection notice of my k2 son. I signed in the "signature of person preparing form, if other than above" instead of "signature of applicant" think I am the preparer . And uscis sent all out documents and forms back . But I dont understand what is priority date as it is mentioned in this form i-797c -"based on the information you provided, your priority date couldnt be established" i dont understand what does it mean. And also there is written so many forms. i.e. i-130, i-140, i-360, i-526 in his i-797c .it made me even more confused. Do anyone know here which form should we send for the AOS of k2? I sent was

i-485, i-131 , i-765 and his biometric. Plz help. Thankx

rps20170301_181553.jpghi, when did you submit the form and when it was returned to you?

Sent on 10th Feb and received on 13th Feb and returned on 27th Feb

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello. Sent our packet on the 22nd, was received on the 24th. And just received NOA1 text and email right now. 

Edited by ifdv

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nepal
Timeline

Have anyone send money order of $1000 and $225 here and uscis accepted it?

i have money order of three seperate money order of  1000$ +225$=1225$ for me and one seperate money order of 750$ for my k2 son. I just called the uscis and they said it may be accepted or not. It better to send in one check. But we dont have bank account and money order limit is 1000$ each moneyorder.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
23 minutes ago, raini7 said:

Have anyone send money order of $1000 and $225 here and uscis accepted it?

i have money order of three seperate money order of  1000$ +225$=1225$ for me and one seperate money order of 750$ for my k2 son. I just called the uscis and they said it may be accepted or not. It better to send in one check. But we dont have bank account and money order limit is 1000$ each moneyorder.

I did. it was accepted.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Still no update from USCIS or the post office with regards to the application that was supposed to be delivered Feb 17th. At this point I'm ready to just re-send the package but I don't want to have the old one someday show up and then get charged $1225 twice. Anyone have any advice here?

Spoiler

USCIS

7/20/2016 ... I-129F Petition mailed
7/27/2016 ... NOA1 (Digital)
8/01/2016 ... NOA1 (Hardcopy)
9/09/2016 ... NOA2 (Digital)

9/14/2016 ... NOA2 (Hardcopy)

NVC

9/19/2016 ... NVC received

9/21/2016 ... Case# and IIN assigned

9/22/2016 ... Petition left NVC

9/25/2016 ... "Ready"

Embassy TKY

10/03/2016 ... Packet 3 Received

10/17/2016 ... Police Records Received

10/20/2016 ... Medical Exam

11/14/2016 ... Interview (Approved)

11/17/2016 ... Visa In Hand

POE

1/02/2017 ... SFO

1/24/2017 ... Married

I-485

02/16/2017 ... I-485 Mailed ( LOST BY USPS!!! )

04/06/2017 ... I-485 Mailed again

04/21/2017 ... NoA 1

05/08/2017 ... RFE Received (Need English Translation for Birth Certificate)

05/15/2017 ... Biometrics appointment in San Francisco

05/18/2017 ... RFE Response Received

07/19/2017 ... I-485 Interview Ready to be Scheduled

10/04/2017 ... I-485 Interview Date

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.