2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline
9 minutes ago, allyrose said:

We didn't think we needed it. We don't have tickets booked, and we don't have a reason to go other than it being Christmas and he misses his family. I looked at the AP form and took it that it was for emergencies, not a vacation. We also didn't think it would take 10 months for a green card. That being said, once we hit September, we might look into getting AP for December if no green card has been produced. Do people use AP for vacations and is it sort of risky to get back in? 

We didn't know we needed to file for advanced parole when we submitted everything, so we submitted our paperwork on Feb 21st and then AP on March 8th. We have gotten the EAD and are 'ready to be scheduled for an interview,' but AP is still being processed (more than 90 days now). We are supposed to travel at the end of the month. I recommend applying for AP now... better safe than sorry. You don't need to pay more. You just need to show your NOAs for your other paperwork. It explains more in detail in the AP instructions. Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
41 minutes ago, gallegamericana said:

We didn't know we needed to file for advanced parole when we submitted everything, so we submitted our paperwork on Feb 21st and then AP on March 8th. We have gotten the EAD and are 'ready to be scheduled for an interview,' but AP is still being processed (more than 90 days now). We are supposed to travel at the end of the month. I recommend applying for AP now... better safe than sorry. You don't need to pay more. You just need to show your NOAs for your other paperwork. It explains more in detail in the AP instructions. Good luck!

My husband has his EAD, but like I said, nothing has moved on the green card front. If we file for AP, do we need exact dates for the trip? And if we do get the green card between when we file and now, what happens to the AP? Thanks! 

07/18/2016- I-129F sent to Texas

7/22/2016- NOA1, case sent to CSC

7/28/2016- NOA1 by mail

09/06/2016-I-129F Approved

09/12/2016-NOA2 by mail

10/24/2016- Medical Interview

12/12/2016- Visa Interview and approval

12/29/2016- Visa issued

1/4/2017- Visa in hand 

1/7/2017- Entry into US 

2/8/2017- AOS and work auth package sent 

2/10/2017-Package received

3/1/2017-NOA's via text

3/4/2017-NOA's hard copy-missing all dates!!!!  

3/17/2017- NOA's came with correct info and dates 

3/30-2017-Biometrics in Orlando FL 

4/27/2017-EAD Approved 

5/05/2017- EAD in hand 

08/31/2017- Got RIFE 

09/28/2017- Sent RIFE Packet 

10/14/2017- Received green card w/ no interview 

07/11/2019- Sent Removal of Conditions Packet

08/07/2019- NOA by text and letter 

11/07/2019- Fingerprints taken

12/04/2020-Green card arrived w/ no interview (USCIS did not update online status)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
30 minutes ago, allyrose said:

My husband has his EAD, but like I said, nothing has moved on the green card front. If we file for AP, do we need exact dates for the trip? And if we do get the green card between when we file and now, what happens to the AP? Thanks! 

It's most certainly not just for emergencies. Plenty of people have used it to visit friends and family outside of the US and as long as you didn't commit any serious crimes, getting back into the United States should be no problem at all. 

You do not need specific travel plans to apply for the AP. I put down "I'm applying for this in case of a family emergency or to visit my family in Germany. There are no current travel plans." or something along these lines. Got it approved no problem. 

5 hours ago, Becci391 said:

I wonder when the status changes to "Card was mailed to me". Is it normal that you sometimes have to wait a couple of days?

mine took like 4 days to change to card mailed to me.

Status update: "Card was mailed to you"

Finally! :)

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 6/12/2017 at 0:48 PM, mmullins1421 said:

Our card was approved on April 15th and still no cards. I feel your pain 😡😭

Oh My!!  Did you call uscis?  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
2 minutes ago, jnicolel said:

Oh My!!  Did you call uscis?  

I tried to call and they said they would call back in "240 minutes" Of course when they called back my wife was not with me so we couldn't do anything. We're calling back tomorrow. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 minute ago, mmullins1421 said:

I tried to call and they said they would call back in "240 minutes" Of course when they called back my wife was not with me so we couldn't do anything. We're calling back tomorrow. 

Awful.  One time they called me back when my husband wasn't with me either.  The rep suggested I connect a three way call with my husband and walked me through how to do it.  Maybe that would be an option next time if she is not with you again.  

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Just now, jnicolel said:

Awful.  One time they called me back when my husband wasn't with me either.  The rep suggested I connect a three way call with my husband and walked me through how to do it.  Maybe that would be an option next time if she is not with you again.  

We have done that before actually lol. My wife was in class and couldn't speak at the time but thanks for the tip. Any help and advice is appreciated. This processis so stressful

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

filed for my EAD/AP/1-131/I-485 on 2/22/17

i am on Day 112 and still no update...

Is there anybody else out there in the same boat as me?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
13 minutes ago, Shehzori said:

I'm on day 132 and still nothing for me

4 minutes ago, laci1806 said:

I'm on day 132 and still nothing for me

Did you get an RFE or RFIE?

Did you call USCIS and asked about a status update on your case? 132 days is definitely out if the normal processing time

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

34 minutes ago, Shehzori said:

Similar dates here. Filed on 2/22 and receive date is 2/27. So day 108 for me.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.