2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, j217 said:

So I got a response to my expedite request for my EAD. they are asking for  a reason to expedite. Wth?  is 125 days waiting outside normal processing time not a reason enough? do I need to reply to this? will they not process my EAD if I did not fax anything to them?

Ugh that's so frustrating, I'm on day 130. I plan on trying to expedite this week. Do I just need to call and ask to speak with a tier 2 officer ? 

as far as your question, yes I think you have to give them a reason to expedite it. Do you have a job offer? 

17 minutes ago, j217 said:

So I got a response to my expedite request for my EAD. they are asking for  a reason to expedite. Wth?  is 125 days waiting outside normal processing time not a reason enough? do I need to reply to this? will they not process my EAD if I did not fax anything to them?

I don't think that being outside of the normal processing time is a reason to expedite but I could be wrong...

ROC Timeline

08/16/19: sent I-751 packet to USCIS Lockbox in Dallas

08/19/19: packet received by USCIS

08/21/19: received text message with case number ( Texas Service Center)

08/23/19: check got chashed

08/26/19: received extension letter in the mail

11/14/19: Biometrics appointment

04/28/20: case got transferred to my local field office in Atlanta

05/28/20: New Card Is Being Produced

05/29/20: New Card Got Approved

06/02/20: We Mailed Your New Card

06/03/20: The Post Office Picked Up Your New Card

06/04/20: Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office

27 minutes ago, ifdv said:

Congrats! you'll probably receive your card tomorrow 😊

As long as I get the card some time this week...there's no rush. So far, no company wants to hire me...

ROC Timeline

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Turkey
Timeline

This stuff makes me so mad. So there is people waiting for 130 days and they look at the cases that 75 days old. It is so unfair. 

AOS, EAD
Spoiler

Sent (i-485, i-765) : 4 March '17

Received: 6 March '17

Noa1: 22 March '17

Hardcopy received: 25 March '17

I-485 RFIE: 29 March '17

RFIE response received: 19 April '17

Biometrics: 20 April '17

Service Request: 12 June '17 (100 days)

Answer: Case is in our current processing time 13 June '17

2nd Service Request: 3 July '17 (118 days)

New card is producing: 5 July '17 (120 days) NOTE* they didn't even assign someone to my Service request.

K1 
Spoiler

Sent : 6 June '16

Noa1 : 9 June '16

Noa2 : 18 August '16

NVC Received: 30 August '16

Case Number Assigned: 1 September '16

Interview date: 5 December '16

Missing papers: i-134 and police record. Gonna send ASAP.

Sent missing papers : 3 January '17

Ap : 5 January '17

Ap update and got mail that says documents received: 9 January '17

Ready and nonimmigrant visa: 13 January '17

Issued: 17 January '17

Visa in the hand: 18 January '17

POE: 26 January '17

Marriage Date: 3 February '17

TOOK  7 MONTHS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
19 minutes ago, j217 said:

I'm really sorry to say, but you can't actually request an expedite based on processing time alone. If you try to expedite, you need to select a reason and then need to provide evidence.

Are you confusing an expedite request with a service request? Sadly USCIS ditched the 90 day promise so they can take as long as they'd like. I hope you get some good news soon though.

22 minutes ago, laci1806 said:

Ugh that's so frustrating, I'm on day 130. I plan on trying to expedite this week. Do I just need to call and ask to speak with a tier 2 officer ? 

as far as your question, yes I think you have to give them a reason to expedite it. Do you have a job offer? 

No, i cant find work because i dont have ead. Tier 2 officer was the one who put in my expedited request. We're not really in severe financial loss, so i cant give that as a reason.. uggh this is so frustrating.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Croatia
Timeline
On 6/10/2017 at 8:43 AM, Becci391 said:

Ugh...that's not good.

I hope that the card didn't get lost in the mail...that would be horrible.

No, it was not lost in the mail. They just never made it.  It is now 27 days since the date of my NOA2 approval notice for EAD/AP and STILL NO CARD!  I am beyond frustrated. I saw that you got your approval notice. I hope it doesn't take long for you to get your card.  

Timeline
On 6/9/2017 at 9:11 PM, raini7 said:

It ll take almost a week. My status changed to "new card is being produced"  on june 2.

On June 7 it changed to "Card was mailed to me". I got  i-797 of my EAD and AP approved  in the mail on June 8 and tomorrow my EAD and AP is coming in mail.

My notice of approval of EAD and AP was dated May 16 and I still have not received the card, almost 4 weeks out now.  USCIS pretty much said "Oops, sorry, don't know what happened.  You'll hear something in a week or two".  It's been two weeks since that phone call and still nothing.   

I wonder if there are others in my boat. 

Timeline
On 6/10/2017 at 5:37 AM, j217 said:

Am I the only February filer left without EAD:jest: I am going crazy.

Nope.  We got our approval notice for it dated  May 16, but we still haven't received the card.  Going crazy over here too.  Did you get the approval notice in the mail?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I really feel for those of you waiting for your EAD/AP.

Just in case this helps anyone who hasn't heard of this already, I highly recommend the USPS informed delivery service. I registered online then went to a USPS office to verify my address in person.

It is so fantastic knowing what mail to expect each day using the app / email alerts and I can enjoy my day without keep checking the apt mailbox, as I can see what's coming (or not coming!) that day.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

My wife got an approval letter for her EAD and travel permit on April 15th. The letter said we will receive the actual card at a later date. It's June 12th and we still don't have the card. Our case status online still just says case received. Called them today and they said I'll get a call back in "240 minutes" 😡 Anyone got any advice or going through a similar situation?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
1 hour ago, jnicolel said:

No, it was not lost in the mail. They just never made it.  It is now 27 days since the date of my NOA2 approval notice for EAD/AP and STILL NO CARD!  I am beyond frustrated. I saw that you got your approval notice. I hope it doesn't take long for you to get your card.  

Our card was approved on April 15th and still no cards. I feel your pain 😡😭

2 hours ago, jnicolel said:

Thank you.

I hope I'll get mine some time this week 

ROC Timeline

Do we get a new status update before USCIS sends the combo card to us?

ROC Timeline

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.