2,192 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
46 minutes ago, Vaug21 said:

Hi guys ! Am sorry for posting this here but i need some advise on what to do cause am stressing out and too scared of what is going to come out it,, it is my second time to come in the USA i enetred with a B1/B2 visa on 9th 09/ 2016 ,, i met my boyfreind who is my husband now , things moved very quick and he said he wanted to marry me that he never wanted me to leave , yea he is anice Man  So we got married right away on 2/Nov .2016 .. and i was alittle nervous about filling my Paperwork but i gathered the Strength and i filled on 14/02/2017 , did my Biometrics on 31/3/2017 , my AOS case status states that Case ready to be scheduled for interview ,, yea hvn't  got The EAD cause its still pending but am scared does anyone know what will come out of that cause of the 90 day rule , its scaring ,, "what i don't understand was i supposed to be married after 90 days or within the 90 day period ,, thank you very much 

You applied to change your status 60 days after entry, that is what matters. From your write up, you said you filed in February, you have nothing to worry about, just get prepared at the interview incase you are asked to let the interviewer know that you had no fraudulent intent of changing your status at the point of entry or when you got your visa. 

Filed: FB-2 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
10 minutes ago, ymv said:

You applied to change your status 60 days after entry, that is what matters. From your write up, you said you filed in February, you have nothing to worry about, just get prepared at the interview incase you are asked to let the interviewer know that you had no fraudulent intent of changing your status at the point of entry or when you got your visa. 

Ok thanks for the reply :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline
On Friday, March 10, 2017 at 1:35 PM, jnicolel said:

That is great!  I noticed that you put Los Angeles as your city. Is your local field office going to be the actual Los Angeles field office?  Mine is actually San Fernando Valley, but because visajourney doesn't have that option I just put Los Angeles.  

My sincere apologies, just seeing your quote, yes my field office is Los Angeles.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belgium
Timeline
10 hours ago, mhbrz said:

Hi everyone !

My AP and AOS got accepted on january 9 at chicago lockbox but EAD got rejected because of missing signature, and I had to refile it and then it got accepted on february 6th. I have received the AP document and my AOS interview has been scheduled for May 18th but for the EAD its been over 90 days and there's no update.

Am I correct in concluding that only those filers are getting approved whose AOS interview has not yet scheduled ? Or is there anyone who has experienced otherwise ?

Your interview is scheduled in less than 10 days! Who cares about the EAD, you're going to have a green card soon dude ;)

My understanding is that EAD + AP work separately from AOS up until your AOS gets approved at which point I'm guessing the system alerts the AOS has been approved and the EAD + AP applications are cancelled. Up until that point though your EAD should be moving along. It's just that (like everyone else here) you never know when it's going to get approved!

Spoiler

K1 Timeline:

7/18/2016 --> I-129F application sent

1/26/2017 --> K1 visa received

Adjustment of Status Timeline:

2/7/17 --> I-485, I-131, I-765 (AOS+AP+EAD) application sent

8/18/2017--> green card received in mail

Removal of Conditions Timeline:

5/14/2019 --> I-751 application sent

10/2/2020 --> 10-year green card received in mail

Naturalization Timeline:

7/28/2020--> Submitted N-400 application online

2/12/2021--> Biometrics re-use letter received

4/30/2021--> Interview scheduled for 6/8/2021

6/8/2021-->  Approved during interview

6/21/2021-->  oath ceremony - officially US citizen

K1: 7/18/2016 --> 1/26/2017

AOS: 2/7/17 --> 8/18/2017

ROC:  5/14/2019 --> 10/2/2020

Naturalization: 7/28/2020--> 6/21/2021

Congrats to everyone who got their EADs! 

I'm hoping for an approval soon myself. Looking at the NOA dates of those approved (that are very close to mine sometimes even past my dates) I'm hoping to get lucky very soon. 

I was hoping I might have news by today because I have a job interview today which would be the ideal position for me but the USCIS app tracker still says "Case was received" for the I-765. Oh well... guess I have to be convincing enough at my job interview that it's worth waiting for me until I have my EAD.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
4 hours ago, Californiansunset said:

Congrats to everyone who got their EADs! 

I'm hoping for an approval soon myself. Looking at the NOA dates of those approved (that are very close to mine sometimes even past my dates) I'm hoping to get lucky very soon. 

I was hoping I might have news by today because I have a job interview today which would be the ideal position for me but the USCIS app tracker still says "Case was received" for the I-765. Oh well... guess I have to be convincing enough at my job interview that it's worth waiting for me until I have my EAD.

My file date is Feb 17th so i'm on day 81 and still waiting. Hopefully we will here later this week, or next :) Good luck in your interview, if you are the right person for them, i'm sure they can hang on for a week or two!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Just got an update on my EAD, finally!! The card is being produced! :D

ROC

04/27/19 - Application sent (I-751)

04/29/19 - Application arrived at USCIS (TX P.O. Box)

05/06/19 - Received NOA1 and extension letter in the mail (dated as received on 04/30 and emitted on 05/03)

07/12/19 - Changed Address with USCIS (IN to CA)

10/16/19 - Biometrics Appointment

03/09/20 - Case Transferred to NBC

03/25/20 - Case ready to be scheduled for interview

03/15/21 - Infopass Appointmet to get I-551 stamp

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N400 + I751) 

NATURALIZATION

09/29/20 - Filed application online (N-400)

10/05/20 - Received physical copy of NOA1

07/16/21 - Combo interview (N-400 + I-751)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I called USCIS today and asked about if getting and RFIE resets the clock.  The woman said that yes, and that everything is now being processed from the date of May 1st.  Then she asked when our interview was scheduled for. I told her that I didn't even know if I had an interview.  She said she would check and put me on hold for awhile.  I got excited and hoped that maybe the interview was already scheduled, but after about three minutes she told that she couldn't give me any information until 60 days after May 1st.  So I guess it's back to waiting.  Hopefully we'll hear something by July. 

Also, yesterday we received a letter saying that our application did not include the medical exam and that we will need to bring it to the interview which we already knew. I guess that means they've gone through the whole application at this point.

AOS from B1/B2

1/30/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

2/01/17    Packet arrives

2/02/17    USCIS received date

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

2/14/17    I-797C arrived in the mail

2/27/17    Biometrics appointment in San Antonio

2/28/17    RFIE for I-864 (2016 tax return and needed a joint sponsor)

5/1/17      RFIE evidence received

10/6/17   Interview scheduled for November 13th!!!

11/13/17 Interview and approved on the spot!

11/21/17 Greencard arrives in the mail.  Plan to start naturalization in 3 years....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
6 minutes ago, permathought said:

I called USCIS today and asked about if getting and RFIE resets the clock.  The woman said that yes, and that everything is now being processed from the date of May 1st.  Then she asked when our interview was scheduled for. I told her that I didn't even know if I had an interview.  She said she would check and put me on hold for awhile.  I got excited and hoped that maybe the interview was already scheduled, but after about three minutes she told that she couldn't give me any information until 60 days after May 1st.  So I guess it's back to waiting.  Hopefully we'll hear something by July. 

Also, yesterday we received a letter saying that our application did not include the medical exam and that we will need to bring it to the interview which we already knew. I guess that means they've gone through the whole application at this point.

Was the RFIE for your AOS or EAD? And is May 1 the day they received your response? 

My NOA 1 is Feb 2, but I got an RFIE for my AOS and they got the response April 18. 

Im really hoping to get my EAD this week

Did anyone happen to have received the newly designed secure EAD card or Green card ? USCIS had posted a news that they will issue new cards from may 1st, 2017 (after their old stocks are finished) and these cards will no longer bear the applicant's signature. I wonder why they did this though

Timeline

No the RFIE was for my I-485, specifically for my 2016 tax return and for a joint sponsor.  It took a while to get that all together hence the long response time.  Still, someone else here, sorry I can't remember who, mentioned that others have gotten their EAD within the original 90 days even even after the RFIE.  I think it's just luck of the draw. I'd like to think that even in the worse case with the clock being reset that everything will take less than a new 90 day limit since they already have the biometrics and everything else in front of them. But I'm just trying to stay positive.

AOS from B1/B2

1/30/17    Packet (I-130, I-485, I-765, I-131) sent in the mail to Chicago Lockbox via USPS

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

11/21/17 Greencard arrives in the mail.  Plan to start naturalization in 3 years....

Timeline
8 minutes ago, laci1806 said:

Was the RFIE for your AOS or EAD? And is May 1 the day they received your response? 

My NOA 1 is Feb 2, but I got an RFIE for my AOS and they got the response April 18. 

Im really hoping to get my EAD this week

And yes, May 1 was the day they have posted as receiving the response.

AOS from B1/B2

2/08/17    NOA1

2/09/17    Checks cashed

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Sweden
Timeline
3 minutes ago, mhbrz said:

Did anyone happen to have received the newly designed secure EAD card or Green card ? USCIS had posted a news that they will issue new cards from may 1st, 2017 (after their old stocks are finished) and these cards will no longer bear the applicant's signature. I wonder why they did this though

Like they say on the site - the new cards have updated security features so they are more difficult to forge.

Just now, NorthByNorthwest said:

Like they say on the site - the new cards have updated security features so they are more difficult to forge.

Yeah.. well.. Anyways.. If they issue me an old card that would be sufficient for me to get a drivers license but if they send a new one then I would have to bring another document to the DMV for proof of signature

About the RFIE I can say no, nothjing to do with your EAD my sons EAD was on NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED on May 4 and on May 5 APPROVED we got that approval letter yesterday and as of today I got another update that CARD WAS MAIL TO ME.

My sons PD 2/24/2017 for all forma I-765, I-485 and I-130.

Got a RFIE on March and responded next day I received got biometrics on March 30th.

Im happy for my son he is 16 and now I can get his health insurance.

February is moving forward.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.