dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2017

773 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, aidensbubba said:

Ours changed as well and back to 2 N/A's, was happy to see that! lol  hated those 2 N/A's for so long now i like them!  Good luck to your husband with his medical!  Not long now till interview :D

Thank you!  We're counting down the days.  If all goes as planned he should be here in 59 days or less.   

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Is there anyone for Mumbai Embassay whoes NVC status got changed after interview schedule. Mine is still showing at NVC :(

my interview is scheduled for March 17th. 

7 hours ago, chel0524 said:

Thank you!  We're counting down the days.  If all goes as planned he should be here in 59 days or less.   

I wonder how long it takes the passport with visa to arrive, I know it states 2 weeks, but does it actually take that long?

I am unsure of a timeframe to plan on leaving...

My husband is coming home tomorrow!

I'm very excited to finally start our life together. I still have a couple of things to do before he gets here, but I couldn't be happier. 

To all of those waiting for this process to be over, please hang on. It will be over before you know it. Good luck everyone!

11 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

I wonder how long it takes the passport with visa to arrive, I know it states 2 weeks, but does it actually take that long?

My husband picked up his passport just 2 days after the interview. But I guess all that depends where you get interviewed.

46 minutes ago, aidensbubba said:

They say give it 2 weeks,  but everyone I've seen has had their passport back in 6-7 days

38 minutes ago, jrigual said:

My husband is coming home tomorrow!

I'm very excited to finally start our life together. I still have a couple of things to do before he gets here, but I couldn't be happier. 

To all of those waiting for this process to be over, please hang on. It will be over before you know it. Good luck everyone!

Congrats!  That's so exciting!

Apologies if this question has already been asked. I have my interview in Abu Dhabi Embassy on March 1st. My wife's employer has just released her 2016 W-2 form. I filed the I-864 last year with 2015 information. Do I need to fill in a new I-864 or just bring the new W-2? He income has only slightly changed (Increased).

Filed: Timeline
18 minutes ago, tcullen11 said:

Apologies if this question has already been asked. I have my interview in Abu Dhabi Embassy on March 1st. My wife's employer has just released her 2016 W-2 form. I filed the I-864 last year with 2015 information. Do I need to fill in a new I-864 or just bring the new W-2? He income has only slightly changed (Increased).

You don't need to fill a new I-864, only if your wife's interview was after April 15, then you'd have to send an updated form.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Hello good folks,

Our case has been in AP since June 2016.

Looks like something great is about to happen. We've been asked to provide a new Police Certificate and Medicals for Visa.

During this period in AP, we took the opportunity for my wife to change her last name to mine. We got her passport issued in the new married last name. (The one in her maiden name is still valid too)

We are planning to use the new passport with the name change for the new police certificate and medicals so that the visa can be issued in her new married last name.

What is your opinion on this? We are not sure if this might cause further delay. Anybody with experience concerning this will be great.

Please share your thoughts.

Thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
31 minutes ago, tcullen11 said:

Hello tcullen11,

You are fine with the 2015 Tax documents and the old Affidavit of Support.

You would only be required to provide a new AOS if the tax filing period has ended (I believe April 18th for this year).

If there was a significant income change which could help your case, I would say you should proactively prepare a new one but it seems that is not the case so you are definitely fine with the old one.

14 minutes ago, Kojo & Yaa said:

Hello tcullen11,

You are fine with the 2015 Tax documents and the old Affidavit of Support.

You would only be required to provide a new AOS if the tax filing period has ended (I believe April 18th for this year).

If there was a significant income change which could help your case, I would say you should proactively prepare a new one but it seems that is not the case so you are definitely fine with the old one.

Great thanks for your help.

29 minutes ago, Qabtawi said:

You don't need to fill a new I-864, only if your wife's interview was after April 15, then you'd have to send an updated form.

Great thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.