dwheels76

Case Complete to Interview March 2017

773 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Khaywood said:

So my husband did not pass his interview yesterday we got placed in administrative processing. Which seems so crazy. The questions they asked him what just ridiculous. They asked how we met they asked him what I do for a living I asked him why did he use pictures of children on his social media. I'm assuming they feel like those kids were his and just crazy . They asked why did I come and visit him so often. Like because he's my husband and I married to him like what kind of question is that. They asked him why my daughter was on his family in is Facebook but not me. I'm trying to not let this bring me down I don't even know what happens in  administrative processing. I most definitely can say this is heartbreaking and very sad. I can't tell you how much I cried but I realize I still had to be strong. I still have to do what ever it takes to get my husband home. 

Stay strong plz dont give up, can i ask wich us consulate the interview was ? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Guyana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Khaywood said:

So my husband did not pass his interview yesterday we got placed in administrative processing. Which seems so crazy. The questions they asked him what just ridiculous. They asked how we met they asked him what I do for a living I asked him why did he use pictures of children on his social media. I'm assuming they feel like those kids were his and just crazy . They asked why did I come and visit him so often. Like because he's my husband and I married to him like what kind of question is that. They asked him why my daughter was on his family in is Facebook but not me. I'm trying to not let this bring me down I don't even know what happens in  administrative processing. I most definitely can say this is heartbreaking and very sad. I can't tell you how much I cried but I realize I still had to be strong. I still have to do what ever it takes to get my husband home. 

I've very sorry to hear :(  I heard that Ghana is a tough consulate but I am wondering - did they deny him a visa because of just social media questions??

I-130 (for parents of US Citizens):

8/19/2022: NOA (IOE0917XXXXXX); Texas Service Center

7/22/2023: Both (parents) petitions approved

7/27/2023: Both cases sent to NVC

8/8/2023: Received NVC welcome email for both parents

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

I've very sorry to hear :(  I heard that Ghana is a tough consulate but I am wondering - did they deny him a visa because of just social media questions??

To be honest I don't know why they denied him even asked him why I came so much to Ghana. I went three times after we got married what kind of question is that. And yes I believe they denied him on the social media questions because he had pictures of children which I feel like they think those are his children and he has no kids and even if they were his kids why would he lie to them about having his children it's just so stupidTo be honest I don't know why they denied him even asked him why I came so much to Ghana. I went three times after we got married what kind of question is that. And yes I believe they denied him on the social media questions because he had pictures of children which I feel like they think those are his children and he has no kids and even if they were his kids why would he lie to them about having his children it's just so stupid

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
1 minute ago, Khaywood said:

To be honest I don't know why they denied him even asked him why I came so much to Ghana. I went three times after we got married what kind of question is that. And yes I believe they denied him on the social media questions because he had pictures of children which I feel like they think those are his children and he has no kids and even if they were his kids why would he lie to them about having his children it's just so stupidTo be honest I don't know why they denied him even asked him why I came so much to Ghana. I went three times after we got married what kind of question is that. And yes I believe they denied him on the social media questions because he had pictures of children which I feel like they think those are his children and he has no kids and even if they were his kids why would he lie to them about having his children it's just so stupid

IS this a new thing?   I don't post any pictures of my children or my wife on social media  - but- that doesn't make her any less my wife or them any less my children....

Timeline
3 minutes ago, TokyoHNL said:

IS this a new thing?   I don't post any pictures of my children or my wife on social media  - but- that doesn't make her any less my wife or them any less my children....

I agree...everyone is entitled to what they would like to post on their own page and is entitled to their own privacy

Timeline
7 minutes ago, Khaywood said:

Stay strong and move forward - did they ask for more evidence of a bona fide marriage?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline
2 hours ago, TokyoHNL said:

1 hour ago, Duncan21 said:

I agree...everyone is entitled to what they would like to post on their own page and is entitled to their own privacy

Agree with both of you! Ghana is possibly the most difficult consulate there is. From what I've read on here, they basically assume that everyone is in a sham marriage and its up to you to prove otherwise. It sounds very stressful and my heart goes out to these couples! Best advice if you're going through Ghana is to follow the regional forum/country forum carefully and talk to others who have made it through successfully.

Edited by misshepburn

7-26-2016: Married in Washington, DC! 

USCIS Stage

9-15-2016: I-130 Mailed to Chicago lockbox

9-17-2016: USPS delivery confirmation to Chicago lockbox

9-21-2016: NOA1 Email and text received. Case sent to Texas Service Center, priority date 9-19-2016

10-13-2016: NOA2 approval  (10-17-2016: NOA2 Hardcopy received)

10-27-2016: Case sent to NVC

NVC Stage

11-03-2016: Case received by NVC

11-14-2016: NVC case number assigned

11-16-2016: Welcome email received, DS-261 completed online

11-17-2016: AOS bill paid

11-18-2016: DS-261 reviewed over the phone

11-20-2016: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid

12-26-2016: Completed DS-260

01-18-2017: Sent AOS and IV package (via electronic processing)

01-27-2017: Checklist received, documents sent back to NVC (via electronic processing)

02-03-2017: Case Complete 

03-08-2017: Interview and APPROVED!

04-21-2017: POE Philadelphia 

7 hours ago, Khaywood said:

Did they keep his passport? AP is not a denial so there is still hope. He should have been given a slip with his AP reason code which will help you with what documents you need to prepare. Keep the faith! 

Timeline in brief:

Married: September 27, 2014

I-130 filed: February 5, 2016

NOA1: February 8, 2016 Nebraska

NOA2: July 21, 2016

Interview: December 6, 2016 London

POE: December 19, 2016 Las Vegas

N-400 filed: September 30, 2019

Interview: March 22, 2021 Seattle

Oath: March 22, 2021 COVID-style same-day oath

Now a US citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Nauman sh said:

Done with medical.

Interview Date: March 8th

Thats great !   My wife's appointment is on Monday - interview is on March 13th.  Still feels like a long way off.  

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interview is march 14th but ceac status is still "at NVC". I don't want to get medical before NVC sends docs to USEM. Hope they send it this coming week so I could get the medical done.

5 hours ago, Nauman sh said:

Done with medical.

Interview Date: March 8th

Awesome!  My hubby's medical is Tuesday.  Looking forward to getting one more thing out of the way.

58 minutes ago, Agnes-IR5 said:

Interview is march 14th but ceac status is still "at NVC". I don't want to get medical before NVC sends docs to USEM. Hope they send it this coming week so I could get the medical done.

Our ceac status just changed overnight to "in transit".  My husbands medical is on Tuesday.  We went ahead and scheduled the medical not knowing whether or not his information would be at the embassy.  It doesn't matter I don't think.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
10 hours ago, chel0524 said:

Awesome!  My hubby's medical is Tuesday.  Looking forward to getting one more thing out of the way.

Good luck....

17 hours ago, chel0524 said:

Our ceac status just changed overnight to "in transit".  My husbands medical is on Tuesday.  We went ahead and scheduled the medical not knowing whether or not his information would be at the embassy.  It doesn't matter I don't think.

Ours changed as well and back to 2 N/A's, was happy to see that! lol  hated those 2 N/A's for so long now i like them!  Good luck to your husband with his medical!  Not long now till interview :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.