Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
On ‎8‎/‎24‎/‎2018 at 8:06 AM, karyzan said:

So I filed my application online on 7/9/18, received my bio metrics at the Casper Wyoming field office on 8/20 and the officer told me it's only about 3 months for processing applications at the Casper Wyoming office. However, if the Casper office gets too busy, my case will get transferred to the Centennial CO office.... I sure hope I get my interview at the Casper office since it's only 3 months out. Good luck to everyone!!

Are you living in Denver or Casper? I would like to drive 5 hours to Casper just to get it done faster and in same time to visit family)))

Never mind! I see you are from Laramie

Edited by Jerry and Elena

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: China
Timeline
12 hours ago, Jerry and Elena said:

Are you living in Denver or Casper? I would like to drive 5 hours to Casper just to get it done faster and in same time to visit family)))

Never mind! I see you are from Laramie

Yup from Laramie, 3 months would be so nice vs the 1 yr out for Denver...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 8/24/2018 at 12:31 PM, Beedenver said:

Anyone know how to see the pdf version of the oath letter online?

You can only see that if you applied online

11 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

You can only see that if you applied online

I applied online but through an immigration lawyer. I didn't know if it would show up on the DHS site or the myuscis site. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Beedenver said:

I applied online but through an immigration lawyer. I didn't know if it would show up on the DHS site or the myuscis site. 

There should be a documents tab under the myuscis login

Timeline

Wanted to update people on here about my case. Had my interview on July 25th and got approved the same day. 

- They said they would mail my oath within a week or two

- When I didn't hear back, I made an infopass to check on it

- They said my I-751 was holding up my N-400, so they couldn't schedule my oath until that was resolved (filed 2+ years ago and well past priority date)

- Got in touch with the Senator and Rep's office and they started sending inquiries

- Senator's office got an email saying there was an unresolved issue with my I-751 and hence they couldn't schedule my oath yet. But that they were working "quickly" to resolve it.

- August 24th, got an update on my case status for I-751 saying "Name was updated". Apparently this status is common if they re-open your file.

- This morning (August 29th), got a notification that my Oath was mailed

Well I'm FINALLY ready to be done with this process. Frustrating that it took all this work to get them to schedule my oath, but thankful that I'll be a citizen soon!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
On 8/20/2018 at 1:05 PM, mmttnn said:

WHAT? We were seated by each other all the time. I am bad too. I didn't say hello. Everyone was super quiet in there so you weren't stuck up. No worries I would be quiet too if wasn't feeling well. I am glad this whole process is over and behind us.

Hahhaa yes life can be funny sometimes 😁😃 It was awkwardly quiet there. I just applied for my passport today and it still feels unbelievable that I'm a citizen now 😃 We can finally relax and stop checking uscis website for updates 😊

Timeline
On 8/21/2018 at 11:16 AM, vvg said:

Update I had my interview on the 16th and my wife had it on the 17th. I just recieved a notification that my Oath is scheduled for 29th of August. I will share the experiences on the interview in some time.

Completed my Oath today and i am a US citizen now. My Wife had still not receieved the Oath Letter yet . Still waiting on that.

Timeline
6 hours ago, IceQueen said:

Hahhaa yes life can be funny sometimes 😁😃 It was awkwardly quiet there. I just applied for my passport today and it still feels unbelievable that I'm a citizen now 😃 We can finally relax and stop checking uscis website for updates 😊

Do you have to send your original naturalization certificate in for the passport? 

Timeline
48 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

Do you have to send your original naturalization certificate in for the passport? 

Yes.  It will be returned by the State Dept in a separate envelope.

Timeline
9 hours ago, yrc said:

Yes.  It will be returned by the State Dept in a separate envelope.

What is your proof of citizenship in the mean time?

Timeline
21 hours ago, BigEZ said:

What is your proof of citizenship in the mean time?

If you apply for expedited service, then the passport is usually issued within 10 to 12 days.  The naturalization certificate will be returned at the same time but in a separate envelope. If you are nervous that you will be asked for proof while waiting for passport then you should get a certified copy of the certificate by making an infopass appointment.

Timeline

A quick update. I had my interview yesterday, Aug 30. I was the last one in the waiting room.  The bulk of the interview was small talk...pleasant and the IO was very courteous and friendly. We spent less than 10 minutes on the N400...he quickly verified all my responses, had me check the spelling of my name, asked for a copy of selective service status information letter (although I was not required to have one because  became LPR after age 26), which I had. Asked me if I had informed the INS about my divorce in 1997 since it had overlapped with my adjustment of status petition. I had. He verified my answer by looking at the original petition from 1997 (they sit with your entire file which includes every document connected to your A#). Did the test, proofread and signed forms and I was approved.  For those of you who are still waiting, the most relevant bit of information is that he told me that each IO  is processing 10 N400s per day instead of 7; and on most days 8 to 10 of them are adjudicating n400s. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline

I also had my interview yesterday. It took about 40 minutes, and they were running almost exactly on time. I arrived at 9:45 for my 10am, was called back at a few minutes after 10, and had left the building with approval letter in hand at 10:45! The officer didn’t ask to see any of the documents I had brought with me, although it’s worth noting she had my entire paper file in front of her (it was HUGE!) and I had uploaded documents from as far back as 1997 so my online application was super complete before I even walked in.

We did the civics test first, then English reading and writing, then went through my application and made changes to some typos I had entered (oops!) and my new overseas trips. She did say they have a new computer system which has some glitches - for example it had cut off all my memberships and employment as of the day I submitted, so it took a while to fix all that. 

My online status changed within hours to “you attended your interview” and when I click through this morning it shows I am approved and will receive my oath ceremony letter soon. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.