Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
11 hours ago, aquamariny said:

I had my interview on Tuesday  and was told that they don't do same day oath anymore. Both paper and online filers. Maybe it will change by the time you'll have yours.

First congrats to you! I wonder why they don't do the same day oath anymore. When I went to the office in June I think, to see what's going on with my papers, this guy told me that they have random oath days. If you happen to have an interview the day they choose to do the oath ceremony then you can do it the same day, if not, you'll have to wait 🤔

Edited by IceQueen

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, IceQueen said:

Question to everyone who filed based on 3 year rule. In the interview letter it said I've to bring a proof that we were married at least 3 years when I filed. How can I prove that? Isn't us being still married proof enough?

Original copy of marriage certificate/license is what they want. If you don’t have the original then get a true copy from the town/city authority that issued the document.

Timeline
1 hour ago, IceQueen said:

Question to everyone who filed based on 3 year rule. In the interview letter it said I've to bring a proof that we were married at least 3 years when I filed. How can I prove that? Isn't us being still married proof enough?

I provided them tax returns, birth certificate of our son and leases for the last 4 years of our marriage. She proceeded to ask if that's all the proof I had....thankfully I had some more stuff. So I handed her 3 months of our bank statements, health insurance, car insurance and photos of us taking vacations together. She collected all that info as evidence.

My advice would be that the burden of proof is on you....take anything and everything that shows that you've been married and lived together.

Timeline
20 hours ago, BigEZ said:

I provided them tax returns, birth certificate of our son and leases for the last 4 years of our marriage. She proceeded to ask if that's all the proof I had....thankfully I had some more stuff. So I handed her 3 months of our bank statements, health insurance, car insurance and photos of us taking vacations together. She collected all that info as evidence.

My advice would be that the burden of proof is on you....take anything and everything that shows that you've been married and lived together.

Thank you both! BigEZ did you bring the original birth certificate of your son's or a copy? I want to make sure they don't keep it

Timeline
13 hours ago, IceQueen said:

Thank you both! BigEZ did you bring the original birth certificate of your son's or a copy? I want to make sure they don't keep it

13 hours ago, IceQueen said:

I recommend taking both.  They don’t keep originals....that is what I have heard from others, but will ask to see originals.  

Timeline
On 8/4/2018 at 6:42 PM, IceQueen said:

They'll want to see the original. We took the originals of everything and the IO took copies of anything she needed to keep. 

Timeline
On 8/3/2018 at 9:00 AM, aquamariny said:

I had my interview on Tuesday  and was told that they don't do same day oath anymore. Both paper and online filers. Maybe it will change by the time you'll have yours.

it's weird. I got same day oath in May and the IO did offer me if I'm interested to do it same day, of course I said yes. A week later my brother got same day oath too. 

On 8/3/2018 at 8:21 PM, IceQueen said:

First congrats to you! I wonder why they don't do the same day oath anymore. When I went to the office in June I think, to see what's going on with my papers, this guy told me that they have random oath days. If you happen to have an interview the day they choose to do the oath ceremony then you can do it the same day, if not, you'll have to wait 🤔

Thank you. My officer told me that they stopped doing the same day oath few weeks ago, and she had no idea why. Hopefully you're luckier than me and you get one if they started doing it again.

And regarding 3 year rule - I brought my marriage certificate, some utilities bills, taxes, insurance, joint house ownership, photos, just everything I had. But they didn't ask anything at all. Good luck on your interview!

1 hour ago, Tdiep said:

it's weird. I got same day oath in May and the IO did offer me if I'm interested to do it same day, of course I said yes. A week later my brother got same day oath too. 

I was told by the interviewer that they stopped doing same day oath few weeks ago, and she had no idea why.

Timeline
7 minutes ago, aquamariny said:

I was told by the interviewer that they stopped doing same day oath few weeks ago, and she had no idea why.

That sucks. Hopefully you will get your oath scheduled soon. 

Timeline

Tdiep- when did you have your interview?

13 minutes ago, aquamariny said:

Ah that sucks. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

Timeline
11 minutes ago, IceQueen said:

Tdiep- when did you have your interview?

Ah that sucks. Hopefully the wait won't be too long.

I interview on July 25th and still nothing almost 2 weeks later. Have an infopass today to ask about it. Will let you guys know if I learn anything.

Timeline

Well, just wanted to share with you guys about what I learned on my infopass (which was basically useless).

- I interviewed on July 25th and they did a concurrent I-751/N-400. They approved my citizenship and said I should see an update in 2 days and oath letter within 2 weeks.

- It's been almost 2 weeks and nothing has happened with my case, so I went in to see if anything was wrong.

- The infopass officer was really nice but proceeded to tell me that even though they approved my N-400 on my interview date, they technically cannot schedule my oath until my I-751 is "processed".

- He said they have 90 days to respond to me and I can't really do anything about it until then.

Super frustrating especially because my interviewing officer was very reassuring said that she would get all my stuff updated and get me an oath within 2 weeks. I guess I shouldn't have expected anything to happen on time with USCIS.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.