Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Yrc- thanks for clarification. I will definitely ask at the ceremony and keep you posted. For sure I checked with passport processing office in Denver that I am going to apply for my passport confirmed that I can submit true certified copy instead of original copy. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

How long has it taken people for the oath to be scheduled? I had my interview on early Wednesday and the IO said that she should be able to update my case by Friday. Hoping that I get an update today, but wasn't sure what has happened recently with other cases.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, BigEZ said:

How long has it taken people for the oath to be scheduled? I had my interview on early Wednesday and the IO said that she should be able to update my case by Friday. Hoping that I get an update today, but wasn't sure what has happened recently with other cases.

My interview was 7/11 and my oath ceremony will be 7/31. I haven't received the notification in the mail yet, but I can see it online.

AOS Timeline coming from a K-1 Visa:

08/28/2013 - Sent AOS+AP+EAD

08/30/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

09/05/2013 - Received Email and Text for NOA1 (x3)

09/10/2013 - Received hard copy NOA1 (x3)

09/20/2013 - Biometrics appointment letter received (scheduled for 09/30)

09/23/2013 - Biometrics walk-in in Aurora’s office successful

10/04/2013 - Changed address for all pending forms

10/08/2013 - AOS and EAD touched (address change). AOS status: acceptance->initial review

10/15/2013 - AP touched (address change)

10/30/2013 - AP approved. EAD card in production (bio + 37)

11/05/2013 - EAD card sent

11/07/2013 - EAD/AP combo card received in the mail (71 days since filing for AOS)

11/18/2013 - Changed address for I-485

12/05/2013 - EXPECTED interview/approval of AOS (bio + 73)

12/20/2013 - Potential Interview Waiver received at original filing address

03/03/2014 - Green Card in Production, to be mailed within 30 days

03/06/2014 - Received I-797 for I-485 (AOS), “Welcome to the USA”

03/07/2014 - GC sent by USPS

03/10/2014 - Got 2 year GC in the mail

Timeline
3 hours ago, bluetraveller said:

My interview was 7/11 and my oath ceremony will be 7/31. I haven't received the notification in the mail yet, but I can see it online.

Thanks for the info! Did you get approved on the day of your interview? if so, when did your online status change to in line for oath?

I'm not sure if you mean that you haven't gotten any notification since your interview but you can see the letter? Guessing you're also an online filer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
56 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

Thanks for the info! Did you get approved on the day of your interview? if so, when did your online status change to in line for oath?

I'm not sure if you mean that you haven't gotten any notification since your interview but you can see the letter? Guessing you're also an online filer.

Yes, online filer. Online status changed on the 24, that day I could download the oath ceremony letter online.

AOS Timeline coming from a K-1 Visa:

08/28/2013 - Sent AOS+AP+EAD

08/30/2013 - Delivered to USCIS Chicago

09/05/2013 - Received Email and Text for NOA1 (x3)

09/10/2013 - Received hard copy NOA1 (x3)

09/20/2013 - Biometrics appointment letter received (scheduled for 09/30)

09/23/2013 - Biometrics walk-in in Aurora’s office successful

10/04/2013 - Changed address for all pending forms

10/08/2013 - AOS and EAD touched (address change). AOS status: acceptance->initial review

10/15/2013 - AP touched (address change)

10/30/2013 - AP approved. EAD card in production (bio + 37)

11/05/2013 - EAD card sent

11/07/2013 - EAD/AP combo card received in the mail (71 days since filing for AOS)

11/18/2013 - Changed address for I-485

12/05/2013 - EXPECTED interview/approval of AOS (bio + 73)

12/20/2013 - Potential Interview Waiver received at original filing address

03/03/2014 - Green Card in Production, to be mailed within 30 days

03/06/2014 - Received I-797 for I-485 (AOS), “Welcome to the USA”

03/07/2014 - GC sent by USPS

03/10/2014 - Got 2 year GC in the mail

I had my Oath ceremony today at District court house today and asked office about true certified copy and no luck. You will still need to get infopass and obtain copy at the field office in centennial. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, IMGRights said:

I had my Oath ceremony today at District court house today and asked office about true certified copy and no luck. You will still need to get infopass and obtain copy at the field office in centennial. 

Thank you for the update.  Good to know. Of course getting an infopass at Denver seems near impossible!

Timeline
1 hour ago, yrc said:

Thank you for the update.  Good to know. Of course getting an infopass at Denver seems near impossible!

Gotcha. So to confirm, you had your interview then pretty much nothing happened on your status online for 2 weeks, then had oath letter?

Timeline
5 hours ago, bluetraveller said:

Yes, online filer. Online status changed on the 24, that day I could download the oath ceremony letter online.

Sorry my above post was meant for you!

3 hours ago, IMGRights said:

How long was it between your interview date and your online status changing?

Timeline

Finally, interview letter from USCIS arrived in the mail today.  Interview is scheduled for 08/30 at 230 PM.  I applied under the 5 year rule because I have been an LPR since 1993 and have a question about the list of documents to bring.  The letter asks that I bring the following:

1) My Green Card

2) All of my passports (valid and expired) and other travel documents since becoming an LPR

3) Marriage Certificate/s

4) Original divorce decree/s showing termination of any prior marriage/s

5) Tax transcripts or returns for last 5 years

6) Selective Service Status information letter (not applicable to me because I got my LPR after my 26th birthday, but I have it).

7) Spouse's proof of citizenship.

My question pertains to the last item....will my current spouse's US passport do as proof of her citizenship status?

Yrc- congrats on getting interview scheduled - one more steps closer. Your spouse’s US passport would do as proof of citizenship. During my interview I brought all of the above listed items including my kids birth certs but the IO didn’t ask or look at them except GC and my passport, no tax returns either. But each case and Officer is different so bring all the requested items if possible. Good luck to you and I am sure you will pass it with flying colors. 

Timeline
28 minutes ago, IMGRights said:

Yrc- congrats on getting interview scheduled - one more steps closer. Your spouse’s US passport would do as proof of citizenship. During my interview I brought all of the above listed items including my kids birth certs but the IO didn’t ask or look at them except GC and my passport, no tax returns either. But each case and Officer is different so bring all the requested items if possible. Good luck to you and I am sure you will pass it with flying colors. 

Thank you.  Feeling old today after getting the notice because I went and looked at my GC from 1993! 

Timeline

image.png.9a29611d053ac15cbddfe56586206c32.png

Has anyone seen this notification after an interview? 

- I had my interviewed scheduled notification on June 19th.

- I had my actual interview on July 25th

- Today, I got this email saying they are still reviewing my case

Has this happened to any other N-400 filers here? Thanks in advance!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.