Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Timeline
On 6/12/2018 at 12:09 PM, coloradoman said:

Good luck for tomorrow's interview. I am in a similar situation, so please let me (us) know if they can accommodate you and schedule your oath out for August. Thanks.

It's great news bro. I passed my interview at 12:45 and they put me in same day oath at 1:30. This is awesome. Now i need to get my passport within a week and i already scheduled an appointment for emergency passport service tomorrow.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Tdiep said:

It's great news bro. I passed my interview at 12:45 and they put me in same day oath at 1:30. This is awesome. Now i need to get my passport within a week and i already scheduled an appointment for emergency passport service tomorrow.

Wow, expect the unexpected. Good for you. I heard that you can just go to the passport agency in Aurora (make an appointment!) and do expedited service there. They’ll mail you the passport in 2-3 days. 

Timeline
Just now, coloradoman said:

Wow, expect the unexpected. Good for you. I heard that you can just go to the passport agency in Aurora (make an appointment!) and do expedited service there. They’ll mail you the passport in 2-3 days. 

Yeah that's the office I made my appointment.

Timeline
23 hours ago, coloradoman said:

So I went to the passport agency in Aurora this morning, they scheduled the pick-up for me on Monday. It really depends on when do you travel. If you travel tomorrow, they can issue the passport same day for you.  

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone, wanted to update you that I got a text saying my interview was scheduled!! So exciting.

I am a July 14th 2017 filer.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
11 hours ago, BigEZ said:

Hello everyone, wanted to update you that I got a text saying my interview was scheduled!! So exciting.

I am a July 14th 2017 filer.

Good luck! 

Timeline

Anyone have tips for the interview at the Denver office? I've always had good experiences during my infopass appointments, but haven't read much about the interviews.

Timeline
14 hours ago, BigEZ said:

Anyone have tips for the interview at the Denver office? I've always had good experiences during my infopass appointments, but haven't read much about the interviews.

I just had my interview 2 weeks ago. The interview officer didn't ask me a lot of questions though. Everything was very basic. My interview was done in 15 minutes. 

They did ask my brother a lot of questions from N-400. So make sure you review your N-400 application carefully. 

As I know they do oath ceremony from Monday to Thursday. So if your interview is scheduled in the morning, most likely you will attend the ceremony same day in the afternoon.

Timeline
1 minute ago, Tdiep said:

I just had my interview 2 weeks ago. The interview officer didn't ask me a lot of questions though. Everything was very basic. My interview was done in 15 minutes. 

They did ask my brother a lot of questions from N-400. So make sure you review your N-400 application carefully. 

As I know they do oath ceremony from Monday to Thursday. So if your interview is scheduled in the morning, most likely you will attend the ceremony same day in the afternoon.

Thanks for the info! Were you a concurrent I-751/N-400 filer? My I-751 doesn't have a decision yet, so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm definitely having my wife go with me in case they need her for that interview.

Do you remember what questions they asked you for the civics test?

Thanks!

Timeline
Just now, BigEZ said:

Thanks for the info! Were you a concurrent I-751/N-400 filer? My I-751 doesn't have a decision yet, so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm definitely having my wife go with me in case they need her for that interview.

Do you remember what questions they asked you for the civics test?

Thanks!

No, I'm not a I-750 filer. You just remind me one thing thou. The IO will recommend you case for approval after you pass everything. How long the approval takes depend on the complication of the case. For me when my IO submitted my case for approval, her manager approved it instantly. My case was really straight forward thou. Have lived in the U.S for more than 5 years (marriage based filling could be a bit more complicated or you have criminal record... stuff like that could delay the approval).

About the civic questions, there is not really much to share here bro. Just study and you will pass :) 

Timeline
Just now, Tdiep said:

No, I'm not a I-750 filer. You just remind me one thing thou. The IO will recommend you case for approval after you pass everything. How long the approval takes depend on the complication of the case. For me when my IO submitted my case for approval, her manager approved it instantly. My case was really straight forward thou. Have lived in the U.S for more than 5 years (marriage based filling could be a bit more complicated or you have criminal record... stuff like that could delay the approval).

About the civic questions, there is not really much to share here bro. Just study and you will pass :) 

Good to know! Well I've lived in the US for 10 years without any issues, so hopefully my case is straight forward :) But you never know when I-751 is pending.

Any idea how long it was to get the physical notice after your status changed to interview scheduled? Mine changed yesterday and anxious to get the actual notice!

Also how long was your interview from the time you got the notification? 

And guessing you had same day oath?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I have just found this site and reading on everyone's experience here seems Denver is so sluggish. My priority date is 07/27/2017. Anyone know or have an idea where they are in processing? I have trips in August, September and December. The first two are local but my fear is USCIS might schedule interviews on these dates/months (that's if I'll even be lucky enough to be scheduled) Thing is these are already booked flights. Question is if anyone knows, how long would a reschedule take? I am just trying to be ready for more delays.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by mmttnn

Hi everyone! 

Another Colorado filer here. Applied in November 2017 and got notification in my email today that my status changed. Never was "In line for interview". Now it's "the interview was scheduled". Still waiting for exact date in the mail.  I sent paper application.

13 hours ago, aquamariny said:

Hi everyone! 

Another Colorado filer here. Applied in November 2017 and got notification in my email today that my status changed. Never was "In line for interview". Now it's "the interview was scheduled". Still waiting for exact date in the mail.  I sent paper application.

This is what I don't get. I also filed paper and I thought the process is first come first serve and obviously yours is being worked on. Does anyone know what the process really is?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.