Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
3 hours ago, MyJourney said:

Thank you for the answer! What you are saying is really encouraging.
Guys I have 2 questions:
I got married this summer. My wife was single/never married before. I have the marriage certificate for this marriage. Do I need to bring anything else regarding this marriage?

I had a misdemeanor citation in 2012, which is now outside the 5-year statutory period. I provided a certified copy of the court records showing I paid the fee and finished the probation/education period. Do I need to bring anything else for this citation?

Re: Marriage: I assume you're filing on the grounds of 5+ year GC; did you file as married, or single and then married? If you married after filing your N400, I could see that causing some paperwork issues but I don't have firsthand experiences. You may want to assemble a "backup" package with marriage supporting documentation - joint bank accounts, tax filing, plane tickets for vacations etc - I don't expect they'd care, but consider it stacking your deck.

Same re: misdemeanor: No firsthand experiences, but get all available documentation, photocopy it, slap it in a separate folder and have it ready if they ask. Stack the deck :D

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline

I am filing on the grounds of 5-year residence not marriage. I was divorced and filed with 5-year rule, I did not receive my green-card through marriage.
But I got married this summer. I kept waiting and waiting for this citizenship circus, then just went ahead and got married.....

Edited by MyJourney

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline

it's been a while since i have been on Visa Journey but after reading this post the past few months I have decided to post my information in regards of my Citizenship application. I applied on February 8th and my case was in line since March 10th.... Today my status online changed and I got my interview letter. My interview has been scheduled for November 15th.

Good Luck to everybody ... Denver is finally moving.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello,

I was away from the forums for some time. We my case details are available in December thread.

Wife Got her citizenship on 07/29 , same day oath as interview.

My case status changed directly to Interview scheduled after I received the letter today for Interview on 11/15--November 15

Best of luck!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
5 hours ago, rejane said:

it's been a while since i have been on Visa Journey but after reading this post the past few months I have decided to post my information in regards of my Citizenship application. I applied on February 8th and my case was in line since March 10th.... Today my status online changed and I got my interview letter. My interview has been scheduled for November 15th.

Good Luck to everybody ... Denver is finally moving.

I have the interview on the same day, Nov 15. at 8:00, what time is yours? See you there.

On 10/11/2017 at 1:58 AM, LifeOnLine said:

Hello,

I was away from the forums for some time. We my case details are available in December thread.

Wife Got her citizenship on 07/29 , same day oath as interview.

My case status changed directly to Interview scheduled after I received the letter today for Interview on 11/15--November 15

Best of luck!

It's so strange that hers was processed so much faster than yours.  Any idea why that happened?

The good news is that you are almost finished!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: France
Timeline
On 10/11/2017 at 2:00 AM, LifeOnLine said:

I have the interview on the same day, Nov 15. at 8:00, what time is yours? See you there.

mine is at 10:15 am. good luck with the interview

On 9/26/2017 at 5:19 PM, MyJourney said:

Congratulations!!! I am so happy for you guys! 

I also received my interview letter today! It is scheduled for October 24, 2017! I also did not receive any online/email/text updates, received the letter in the mail out of nowhere! 

Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Please let us know your experience when it’s over.

Timeline
20 hours ago, jenafid said:

Good luck on your interview this week!!!

Please let us know your experience when it’s over.

Thank you! I will share my experience, of course! Good luck to you too!

Timeline

Long story short: I was approved and got naturalized the same day!   :jest:
Details are below: 
Today I had my interview the Denver USCIS service center. The interview was scheduled for 8:00 AM. I arrived at 7:30, checked in and waited for about 30 minutes in the waiting area until my name was called.
The immigration officer was very nice, professional, and willing to help. As we were walking in the corridor she apologized if she mispronounced my name, she said she was not sure which name to use (I had opted for a name change on my n400) and this was a perfect moment for me to inform her that I was backing out of name-change. I told her that in case, just in case, if I will get approved, I would like to be considered for the same-day naturalization ceremony.
So, our conversation evolved into making updates into my case with cancelling out the name-change, updating my marital status (I got married while waiting) and she also verified my documents such as the marriage certificate, my passport, green card, and the interview letter.
She was not too formal, not too cordial, just about in the middle. We briefly talked about the weather, coffee (since it was early morning) so that I can kind of overcome the anxiety. She took my picture and fingerprints to verify my identity. Then she said that she will start with the civics and English reading and writing tests.
The civics questions were roughly these:
Name of the Anthem (the Star-Spangled Banner)
What is the Rule of Law (none is above the Law)
The Ocean on the West Coast (Pacific)
What happened on 9/11 (terrorists attacked the US)
Who can vote in a federal election (citizens over 18 and older)
Why does the flag have 13 stripes (there were 13 original colonies).  
Then she asked me to read: How many are there in the Senate and write the answer: There are 100 senators in the Senate.
Then she went over my n400 and asked all the questions she needed more clarification. I gave her the most up-to-date documentation about my child support payments, since 9 months have passed since I applied.
She said she was satisfied with all the evidence and documentation I provided about my case, but still she felt that she needed to consult with her supervisor to make the final decision. She asked if I could wait, I said sure. She went to talk with her supervisor and eventually approved me and scheduled me for the same-day naturalization.
I got out at around 9:15 and came back at 1:00PM for the naturalization ceremony. People kept coming for another hour or so and the naturalization process began at 2:00 PM and we were done by 3:30 roughly.
I am now a proud citizen of the USA. My journey is over!  

Congrats, MyJourney. Really your journey is over. One quick question. If you had to do a name change would that still take place same day or a different ceremony would be schedule for that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.