Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
2 hours ago, yrc said:

Don’t mean to digress from the main purpose of this thread, but vvg, did you call the OCI customer helpline?  When I called they said a certified copy is not required.  Have they changed the requirements now?

@yrc, i got the information from their website, that a certified copy is needed. I did not call them.  Did they tell that a copy of naturalization cert is fine (instead of a certified copy)?

Timeline
19 hours ago, vvg said:

@yrc, i got the information from their website, that a certified copy is needed. I did not call them.  Did they tell that a copy of naturalization cert is fine (instead of a certified copy)?

Since you have a certified copy, I would send that.  However, if you have the time, then call before submitting.

I had my Oath ceremony on 9/5/18. I had a scheduled appointment at the passport office and I received my passport the next day. So glad to be done with process. Thank you to everyone. I think being in the forum and knowing other people going through the same process helped dissipate the stress. Goodluck to everyone else on here who is still going through the process. 

Edited by Beedenver

Timeline
On 9/9/2018 at 12:30 PM, Beedenver said:

I had my Oath ceremony on 9/5/18. I had a scheduled appointment at the passport office and I received my passport the next day. So glad to be done with process. Thank you to everyone. I think being in the forum and knowing other people going through the same process helped dissipate the stress. Goodluck to everyone else on here who is still going through the process. 

How did you get the passport next day ? Did you had travel plans within 2 weeks ? What kind of proof is needed for this ?

Timeline
48 minutes ago, vvg said:

How did you get the passport next day ? Did you had travel plans within 2 weeks ? What kind of proof is needed for this ?

You need flight tickets or hotel reservations (if you're driving to Mexico or Canada). I believe they can tell if it's just a hold vs an actual booked ticket etc.

Timeline

Oath ceremony done at long last.  Now to get on with applying for the US passport and surrendering the Indian one.  There were 49 people from 23 countries today.  Lots them joined by families.  Some were from war torn countries and it was clear from how emotional they were that this was the  end of a long and arduous journey.

Timeline
On 9/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, yrc said:

Oath ceremony done at long last.  Now to get on with applying for the US passport and surrendering the Indian one.  There were 49 people from 23 countries today.  Lots them joined by families.  Some were from war torn countries and it was clear from how emotional they were that this was the  end of a long and arduous journey.

Congratulations! I got my passport last week and feels good to be done with EVERYTHING!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline

Just an update from me: I had my interview Sept 6th, all went well and very quickly. My spouse came along, but wasn't asked to come in. The officer did do the i751 approval and then the N400 tests and application review. He checked the box on i751 form saying spouse was there. He didn't want to see any paperwork I brought. Due to pending i751, the officer said he could not make a decision on N400 today, as he had to approve the i751 first, which would take an hour on the computer, but it should all be fine. So I got the N400 letter saying tests passed but no decision could be made today. A week later I got a letter saying the removal of conditions was granted (i751). Nothing since then. Hopefully soon.

Congrats to everyone who got done recently!

Edited by thunder11

Timeline

On Friday (Sept 21), I got a text update that I have been placed in line for the oath ceremony. So that's good, means N400 is approved.

What is everyone's experience, how long does it take after being in line to get the invite letter and how far in advance of the oath does one normally get it? I'm going to be out of the country next week, so hopefully it wont be scheduled for then. Also, I've read that they ask at the oath if one has left the country since the interview. Do I have to bring anything to proof how long I was gone (plane ticket/boarding pass) or just come prepared with the number of days? It wont change anything for me in terms of going over the maximum number of days gone for naturalization, so shouldn't be an issue, I would just like to know what they want to know.

Edited by thunder11

Timeline
On 9/27/2018 at 9:34 AM, thunder11 said:

On Friday (Sept 21), I got a text update that I have been placed in line for the oath ceremony. So that's good, means N400 is approved.

What is everyone's experience, how long does it take after being in line to get the invite letter and how far in advance of the oath does one normally get it? I'm going to be out of the country next week, so hopefully it wont be scheduled for then. Also, I've read that they ask at the oath if one has left the country since the interview. Do I have to bring anything to proof how long I was gone (plane ticket/boarding pass) or just come prepared with the number of days? It wont change anything for me in terms of going over the maximum number of days gone for naturalization, so shouldn't be an issue, I would just like to know what they want to know.

It can move very quickly.  I was interviewed on Aug 30, got an email on Sep 6, received the oath notice in the mail on Sep 10 and had the oath ceremony on Sep 13.  You will be asked to fill in the form on reverse side of the oath ceremony letter and should enter trip details there. I don't think they will ask for tickets etc.  But carry them just in case.

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline
On 9/29/2018 at 7:48 AM, yrc said:

It can move very quickly.  I was interviewed on Aug 30, got an email on Sep 6, received the oath notice in the mail on Sep 10 and had the oath ceremony on Sep 13.  You will be asked to fill in the form on reverse side of the oath ceremony letter and should enter trip details there. I don't think they will ask for tickets etc.  But carry them just in case.

Thanks. I will bring the ticket just in case. I also got the oath letter now, it arrived last week sometime and it's for Oct 25th, in Longmont, CO. I'm excited to be almost there!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All, I just wanted to post that there can be some weird cases. For my wife, the IO said that they couldnt find her GC file in  the system. It took about 3 weeks to get an alert that her application is put in line for oath. Sometimes, there are hiccups. In case it happens to you, just have patience. It will be done.

On the other note, one can get their passport the very next day by taking an appointment at the passport office. They will ask for proof of travel. I took proof of travel but we had about 3 months. I mentioned that it takes a lot of time to get OCI card and they approved my expedited passport request. I went and collected the passport the very next day.

Hi everyone.

I am 19, but because I am over 18, I applied for citizenship. My parents are from Ethiopia, but I was born in another country that does not grant birthright citizenship, so I do not have citizenship anywhere, meaning I cannot travel anywhere. I noted this on my N400 application but am a little worried as I do not know what my parents said my citizenship when I was under them and I do not talk to them. 

A little background, I applied late March, and they received it April 3, 2018. Shortly after I got contacted for my biometrics appointment and got that done on April 23, 2018. For the past 7 months I have now been waiting and online it says that I should expect to wait for another 7 months (June 2019). Is this accurate? I hope not as I have plans to travel but if this does not work out then I cannot go because I am unable to get a visa due to a lack of citizenship. Thank you all!

Hi all,

What is the current timeline for n400 processing in Denver? My online account shows 19 months but I have seen several timelines that got processed within 8 months or so. But there are not too many applicants from Denver on this website. I applied online, if it makes any difference, roc pending since june 2017. Many thanks!

• 2 months later...
Timeline

Mine took 3.5 months from filing to interview, also filed online. And another 2 weeks until the Oath.

Denver/Centennial is doing Oath Ceremonies 5x a week, plus judicial ones.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.