Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
20 hours ago, Jebee said:

So, I attended my Oath Ceremony today at Denver USCIS office and I am so happy that I am finally a US citizen. 

The ceremony was quick because there were only 56 people. It supposed to be 59 but 3 didn't showed up. It was like lil over an hour ceremony.

Good luck to all.

Congratulations Jebee, mine is on Monday 26. Some friends want to join us, and I wanted to ask if you saw a visitor area and how big it was?

2 minutes ago, anpavito said:

Congratulations Jebee, mine is on Monday 26. Some friends want to join us, and I wanted to ask if you saw a visitor area and how big it was?

Thank you and Congratulations to you too.  

Well, you can bring them with you. It would be a nice idea so that someone can take pictures/videos for you. 

Ours was not a big crowd because there were only 56 of us and few of us just went by themselves.  I brought my husband and my sister in law with me. Some people brought their kids too. There were a lot of empty chairs  for the family and friends actually.

Congratulations again and Enjoy your ceremony take a lot of pictures too. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Guatemala
Timeline
23 hours ago, Jebee said:

Thank you and Congratulations to you too.  

Well, you can bring them with you. It would be a nice idea so that someone can take pictures/videos for you. 

Ours was not a big crowd because there were only 56 of us and few of us just went by themselves.  I brought my husband and my sister in law with me. Some people brought their kids too. There were a lot of empty chairs  for the family and friends actually.

Congratulations again and Enjoy your ceremony take a lot of pictures too. 

Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Any updates on Denver filers? I noticed that USCIS updated the look of the page for processing times. The Denver office says 12.5 - 19 months.That's a long wait!

image.png.9dd6386e7d58343772a6ce683807fbd6.png

Timeline
44 minutes ago, BigEZ said:

Any updates on Denver filers? I noticed that USCIS updated the look of the page for processing times. The Denver office says 12.5 - 19 months.That's a long wait!

image.png.9dd6386e7d58343772a6ce683807fbd6.png

Yeah I noticed it too this morning. That's amazing and you know what, someone here just finished the oath and said there were about 60 people attended. For me, that wasn't a lot of people but why they are making us wait forever. It doesn't make sense at all.  

26 minutes ago, samde said:

Denver is among uscis field offices with a national record for longest wait times. Courage, it shall come to pass

@samdewhen did you apply?

Timeline

Hi All,

I have been following visajourney for long time, ever since I started my permanent resident journey, but never posted anything in here.

During my citizenship journey, what I noticed is that only a few Denver applicants were posting in this forum, and it was hard when I was looking for people and their experiences.

Here is more or less my timeline:

Application sent:                                         Sometime April 2017

FP done:                                                       5/19/2017

Status changed to inline for interview:    5/26/2017

Notification of interview scheduled:         2/26/2018

Interview letter received:                             3/3/ 2018

Interview & Oath:                                          4/3/2018

Yesterday I finished my journey and became American, so I wanted to share my experience with all of you to see if it helps a little to those of you still waiting.

I had my interview at the Centennial office yesterday at 9:50 AM. I arrived 30 minutes early and went through security check (similar to airports, including shoes and belt off). I was directed to the second floor, where I sat until my IO called me, at almost exactly 9:50 AM.

The interview started with the civics test. I was asked 6 questions that I responded correctly:

1 - Who is the Governor of Colorado now

2 - One promise you do when you become US Citizen.

3 - Who is the father of our country

4 - What movement tried to end racial discrimination

5 - Where is the Statue of Liberty

6 - Name 2 National US Holidays.

The English test consisted only to read one sentence: "The president lives in the White House" and write the same sentence.

After that the IO started reviewing my application, asking again all the yes/no questions and making some notes in red pen.

At the end she read to me some of the changes she made to my application, like trips outside the US, and she said that I pass the test, gave me a form indicating that I was approved and another form to bring to the ceremony which took place in the afternoon in the same building.

I brought with me copies of almost everything, but I was only asked for passport, Green Card, and State photo ID.

In total, the interview took about 20 minutes. The IO was formal, professional, but cordial at the same time. 

The ceremony was good and fun, with 50 new citizens from 22 different countries.

Now it is over and I can proudly say that I am American.

Good luck to all of you still waiting, fellow Denver applicants.

4 minutes ago, DenverFiler said:

Hi All,

I have been following visajourney for long time, ever since I started my permanent resident journey, but never posted anything in here.

During my citizenship journey, what I noticed is that only a few Denver applicants were posting in this forum, and it was hard when I was looking for people and their experiences.

Yesterday I finished my journey and became American, so I wanted to share my experience with all of you to see if it helps a little to those of you still waiting.

I had my interview at the Centennial office yesterday at 9:50 AM. I arrived 30 minutes early and went through security check (similar to airports, including shoes and belt off). I was directed to the second floor, where I sat until my IO called me, at almost exactly 9:50 AM.

The interview started with the civics test. I was asked 6 questions that I responded correctly:

The English test consisted only to read one sentence: "The president lives in the White House" and write the same sentence.

After that the IO started reviewing my application, asking again all the yes/no questions and making some notes in red pen.

At the end she read to me some of the changes she made to my application, like trips outside the US, and she said that I pass the test, gave me a form indicating that I was approved and another form to bring to the ceremony which took place in the afternoon in the same building.

I brought with me copies of almost everything, but I was only asked for passport, Green Card, and State photo ID.

In total, the interview took about 20 minutes. The IO was formal, professional, but cordial at the same time. 

The ceremony was good and fun, with 50 new citizens from 22 different countries.

Congratulations!!! So happy for you.

10/23/2017- sent to Phoenix, AZ lockbox via USPS
10/26/2017- NOA 1 with IOExxxx receipt number
10/28/2017- Biometric scheduled (online status)
11/16/2017- Biometric done at ASC
01/10/2018- online status updated - Interview has been scheduled
02/14/2018- Interview (passed) but decision cannot be made because of pending ROC. Officer has to review it first before he will approved my n400. 
02/20/2018- online status updated- We placed you in line for youth ceremony and will send you a notice. .......
03/02/2018- Oath letter mailed

03/20/2018- Oath Ceremony

03/30/2018- Passport book received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
27 minutes ago, DenverFiler said:

Hi All,

Congratulations! Great to hear that it all went well. And thanks for the update with dates. Seems like the 12 month window seems to be the most realistic one for those waiting.

6 hours ago, DenverFiler said:

Hi All,

Hi, 

Congrats. Thank you for sharing your experience. Did you apply online? Did you have a name change?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Estonia
Timeline
15 hours ago, DenverFiler said:

@Ha Do Nope. Not online. I filed paper and nope, no name change.

Thanks.

Congrats and thank you for taking your time to share your timeline with us! Hopefully soon our May filers can post their updates here 😃

Also, if you don't mind me asking, did you apply through marriage or not? Just wondering if that makes any difference on how fast your case moves forward...

Edited by IceQueen
Wanted to add something

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.