Andr0s

Denver field office fillings

615 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Turkey
Timeline
17 hours ago, jenafid said:

Thank you.  Interview is next Monday, so we shall see how it goes.

He is getting a name change though, so I'm not sure how long the wait is for the oath ceremony.

I will too, but I decided it will be easier to get done once I am a citizen. 

Relax, this is not a race.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
1 hour ago, mia2017 said:

I got my interview letter and I'm scheduled on Dec 13th at 10AM.

Does anybody know the likelihood of the same day oath ceremony since the interview is later in the morning?

I'm trying to figure out if I need childcare for my kids that day etc.. 

What time is your interview exactly? Oath ceremony is at 01:30PM, so I think your chances of making it are pretty much guaranteed as long as your interview is, as you say, "in the morning". If you're planning childcare etc, assume oath ceremony will finish between 3 - 3:30 PM

Good luck!

Timeline
2 hours ago, mia2017 said:

I got my interview letter and I'm scheduled on Dec 13th at 10AM.

Does anybody know the likelihood of the same day oath ceremony since the interview is later in the morning?

I'm trying to figure out if I need childcare for my kids that day etc.. 

Are you a Feb filer? 

1 hour ago, Andr0s said:

What time is your interview exactly? Oath ceremony is at 01:30PM, so I think your chances of making it are pretty much guaranteed as long as your interview is, as you say, "in the morning". If you're planning childcare etc, assume oath ceremony will finish between 3 - 3:30 PM

Good luck!

Thank you for the info!

The interview time is at 10AM. It seems a bit late to make it to 1:30PM ceremony? 

27 minutes ago, Tdiep said:

Are you a Feb filer? 

No, August. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, mia2017 said:

Thank you for the info!

The interview time is at 10AM. It seems a bit late to make it to 1:30PM ceremony? 

No, August. 

What? really? how come you have been scheduled for the interview already? Even Feb filers are still waiting. 

1 hour ago, Tdiep said:

What? really? how come you have been scheduled for the interview already? Even Feb filers are still waiting. 

I'm guessing she filed online.  A lot of recent online filers this year are getting done already or have been scheduled already for an interview.  I know this is kind of sad for paper-based filers. I'm a January filer (in other local office not Denver) and still waiting for interview letter.  My local office has been processing recently March 2017 and I'm still stuck at waiting for interview letter...  :(   I know one applicant in other site, he filed online June and finally over around August (ceremony) having same local office as I have.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
17 hours ago, ruby_7 said:

I'm guessing she filed online.  A lot of recent online filers this year are getting done already or have been scheduled already for an interview.  I know this is kind of sad for paper-based filers. I'm a January filer (in other local office not Denver) and still waiting for interview letter.  My local office has been processing recently March 2017 and I'm still stuck at waiting for interview letter...  :(   I know one applicant in other site, he filed online June and finally over around August (ceremony) having same local office as I have.

Hey Tdiep, I know it sucks. I am a February filler, but still out here waiting. There is a friend of mine who has an interview next week. Me and him applied pretty much at the same time. I even had my biometric a day before him. his case  was placed in line for interview a month before mine though, which is funny to me.  guess my question is when was your case placed in line for interview? 

Timeline
On 11/3/2017 at 8:42 AM, Sonone said:

Hey Tdiep, I know it sucks. I am a February filler, but still out here waiting. There is a friend of mine who has an interview next week. Me and him applied pretty much at the same time. I even had my biometric a day before him. his case  was placed in line for interview a month before mine though, which is funny to me.  guess my question is when was your case placed in line for interview? 

Hi Sonone,

The way how they work and process the cases is really unpredictable :) I'm a May filer thou so I still have a long way ahead to wait. I wish you the best bro. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Senegal
Timeline
On 11/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tdiep said:

Hi Sonone,

The way how they work and process the cases is really unpredictable :) I'm a May filer thou so I still have a long way ahead to wait. I wish you the best bro. 

On 11/6/2017 at 11:42 AM, Tdiep said:

Hi Sonone,

Oh I see, thought u were a January filler. This wait time is driving me crazy and I think I am the only February filler left behind. Bummer

Hello all, 

I have finally reached the destination of my journey. YESS!!! Anyway, I got both my interview and the Oath Ceremony today in Centennial. My interview was at 7:30AM, and I arrived at around 7:20AM. The security check process took about 10 minutes. I then went to the 2nd floor where the interview actually took place. They quickly checked me in for the interview, and I was called after 5 minutes. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and professional. We started with the interview questions then moving on to review the general applications. She asked me some general questions on my application then congratulated me for the citizenship approval. She asked whether I could go to the afternoon ceremony, and of course I said yes so she quickly signed me up for it. The ceremony started at around 1:30PM  and ended at around 3:00PM. The security check for the ceremony did take longer since there were more people and their friends/relatives/families who came for the celebration. I would suggest to come to the ceremony early. Everyone is very professional and friendly in general.  Alright, that is my overall experience with this process, and my journey to obtain U.S citizenship finally ended. I wish everyone best of luck with your application, interview, and ceremony. I know this journey is looooooong, but it will for sure reach its destination at one point. I personally did not feel stressed at all throughout the process, and I hope you too!! :)

Edited by LeoV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.