Transborderwife

Trump has no immediate plans to end DACA

45 posts in this topic

looks like trump is grabbing all the potential democratic votes for himself. well played king cheeto, well played..

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

looks like trump is grabbing all the potential democratic votes for himself. well played king cheeto, well played..

I could fully see him getting behind giving them eventual status.  However as a trade off they're not permitted to petition or adjust status of their parents.

3 minutes ago, Transborderwife said:

I could fully see him getting behind giving them eventual status.  However as a trade off they're not permitted to petition or adjust status of their parents.

i can see him ripping daca as ineffective and 'drafting' his own replacement which is essentially daca with one tiny stipulation; any future murican granted status under daca must immediately turn their parents/family over to ice for immediate deportation, which the daca recipient WILL pay for.. 

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
2 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

i can see him ripping daca as ineffective and 'drafting' his own replacement which is essentially daca with one tiny stipulation; any future murican granted status under daca must immediately turn their parents/family over to ice for immediate deportation, which the daca recipient WILL pay for.. 

Sounds plausible 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Israel
Timeline
8 hours ago, bcking said:

To be honest though given the number of opinions/statements Trump changed during the campaign, can you really blame people for being worried? He said a lot of stuff early on that he has sense "softened" on, but I can't blame people for remember what he originally said. At the very least it just creates uncertainty since how does anyone know he will stick to his most recent statement vs. a prior one vs. some idea that pops into his head tomorrow? When you aren't consistent, it creates uncertainty. I think that is fair.

I think it is unfounded hysteria. I see stuff on FB oh boy the type of ####### people are buying into that make me just shake my head. It's like don't you realize Trump or not we're still in 21st century America, relax. Most of those things are not going to happen but people put these thoughts in their heads and have thoughts planted in them by others and brainwashed to an extent and it's ridiculous the type of stuff you see on social media.

Look, Trump talks the way he talks for a reason. Again I'm not condoning it, but keep in mind what he's been doing for decades. Eventually he will need to move from that kind of mindset to the one more appropriate for a president, but for now he's doing what he's been used to doing all his life. Trump loves winning, as we all know. That's what drives and motivates him is to try and win everything, big and small. When you're in the type of business he's in you have to be ruthless. When people push you you have to push back hard. Don't we all do that to a certain degree? His is just extreme and on a completely different playing field. He pushes too hard. At the end of the day we can all sit here and make fun of him but maybe he's sitting there making fun of us for thinking he is dumb when in reality, think about it, he masterfully achieved everything he wanted to achieve? I'm not saying that is the case just that it is possible. Even the left claims he is a master at controlling the masses. He likes to act in an outlandish way and I think he has good reasons for it. So I don't know if he necessarily doesn't realize what it looks like or if he doesn't care, if it's lack of self awareness or some kind of weird mastery we're all oblivious to. He has an end goal and that's all that matters to him. 

Just like this crowd thing again; I don't think even he truly believes it was the largest. I don't think he believes he had 1.5 million. But he knows the art of compromise he's just forgetting that if someone said you only had 300,000 and you claim you had 1.5 million they're not going to compromise with you on 900,000, that's not how it works in politics and he has yet to learn that. I think the exaggeration was intentional as a counter punch to the exaggeration on the other side low balling it too much. That's what Trump does - he's a counter puncher and it doesn't take a psychology degree to figure all this out. Remember he's used to making deals and he probably thinks this is another deal. I personally don't pay much attention to it because that's all I believe it is and as I said I care more about what he's going to do than the silly mind games. I do believe Trump has said some things just to draw attention to himself and to just put some things out there in an exaggerated way and that he knew what he was doing. So to him it's like playing a game, whether it should or shouldn't be some of the things he said he didn't even believe in, others he may have learned since then, or changed his mind on, or gotten better advice on, and there will be more things that he will learn, but part of it was the game and people took things way too seriously and way too literally and now they are all hysterical. I remember even during the campaign in the beginning before he "softened" when he was asked by someone, can't remember who, if that was his final opinion or if it is just his starting point for negotiations and should not be taken literally(already knowing Trump is used to having to negotiate everything) he even admitted right then and there that there was, in fact room for negotiations and that he's just trying to start from a high bargaining point.

Also, when you try to consistently undermine someone as we have been seeing recently, you can expect them to react strongly and fiercely. Even if the result is something silly like "my crowd was the biggest". It's a counter punch. Although they did clarify it today to mean including those watching at home all over the world and streaming on the internet which we have no way of knowing if it is true, but also no way of knowing it is not true, so it is what it is. Those are the games he's used to playing all his life and now he's just playing them on a different playing field or a higher level and it's probably going to take him some time to adjust. I would hope so anyway. I'm not trying to defend him just to explain how I see it. I sincerely hope he can make some changes.

8 hours ago, Transborderwife said:

I think that a lot of it is taking time to think vs rage tweeting and responses.  He has advisors and isn't just acting without consulting.

That too.

09/14/2012: Sent I-130
10/04/2012: NOA1 Received
12/11/2012: NOA2 Received
12/18/2012: NVC Received Case
01/08/2013: Received Case Number/IIN; DS-3032/I-864 Bill
01/08/2013: DS-3032 Sent
01/18/2013: DS-3032 Accepted; Received IV Bill
01/23/2013: Paid I-864 Bill; Paid IV Bill
02/05/2013: IV Package Sent
02/18/2013: AOS Package Sent
03/22/2013: Case complete
05/06/2013: Interview Scheduled

06/05/2013: Visa issued!

06/28/2013: VISA RECEIVED

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

05/06/2016: One month late - overnighted form N-400.

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

07/01/2016: Biometrics Completed.

08/17/2016: Interview scheduled & approved.

09/16/2016: Scheduled oath ceremony.

09/16/2016: THE END - 4 year long process all done!

10 hours ago, OriZ said:

I think it is unfounded hysteria. I see stuff on FB oh boy the type of ####### people are buying into that make me just shake my head. It's like don't you realize Trump or not we're still in 21st century America, relax. Most of those things are not going to happen but people put these thoughts in their heads and have thoughts planted in them by others and brainwashed to an extent and it's ridiculous the type of stuff you see on social media.

Look, Trump talks the way he talks for a reason. Again I'm not condoning it, but keep in mind what he's been doing for decades. Eventually he will need to move from that kind of mindset to the one more appropriate for a president, but for now he's doing what he's been used to doing all his life. Trump loves winning, as we all know. That's what drives and motivates him is to try and win everything, big and small. When you're in the type of business he's in you have to be ruthless. When people push you you have to push back hard. Don't we all do that to a certain degree? His is just extreme and on a completely different playing field. He pushes too hard. At the end of the day we can all sit here and make fun of him but maybe he's sitting there making fun of us for thinking he is dumb when in reality, think about it, he masterfully achieved everything he wanted to achieve? I'm not saying that is the case just that it is possible. Even the left claims he is a master at controlling the masses. He likes to act in an outlandish way and I think he has good reasons for it. So I don't know if he necessarily doesn't realize what it looks like or if he doesn't care, if it's lack of self awareness or some kind of weird mastery we're all oblivious to. He has an end goal and that's all that matters to him. 

Just like this crowd thing again; I don't think even he truly believes it was the largest. I don't think he believes he had 1.5 million. But he knows the art of compromise he's just forgetting that if someone said you only had 300,000 and you claim you had 1.5 million they're not going to compromise with you on 900,000, that's not how it works in politics and he has yet to learn that. I think the exaggeration was intentional as a counter punch to the exaggeration on the other side low balling it too much. That's what Trump does - he's a counter puncher and it doesn't take a psychology degree to figure all this out. Remember he's used to making deals and he probably thinks this is another deal. I personally don't pay much attention to it because that's all I believe it is and as I said I care more about what he's going to do than the silly mind games. I do believe Trump has said some things just to draw attention to himself and to just put some things out there in an exaggerated way and that he knew what he was doing. So to him it's like playing a game, whether it should or shouldn't be some of the things he said he didn't even believe in, others he may have learned since then, or changed his mind on, or gotten better advice on, and there will be more things that he will learn, but part of it was the game and people took things way too seriously and way too literally and now they are all hysterical. I remember even during the campaign in the beginning before he "softened" when he was asked by someone, can't remember who, if that was his final opinion or if it is just his starting point for negotiations and should not be taken literally(already knowing Trump is used to having to negotiate everything) he even admitted right then and there that there was, in fact room for negotiations and that he's just trying to start from a high bargaining point.

Also, when you try to consistently undermine someone as we have been seeing recently, you can expect them to react strongly and fiercely. Even if the result is something silly like "my crowd was the biggest". It's a counter punch. Although they did clarify it today to mean including those watching at home all over the world and streaming on the internet which we have no way of knowing if it is true, but also no way of knowing it is not true, so it is what it is. Those are the games he's used to playing all his life and now he's just playing them on a different playing field or a higher level and it's probably going to take him some time to adjust. I would hope so anyway. I'm not trying to defend him just to explain how I see it. I sincerely hope he can make some changes.

when you're in the type of business trump used to be in, you have to know when to be ruthless and when being ruthless will not work in your favor.

trump is forgetting that he can't negotiate his inauguration attendance? :lol:

it's not a counter punch, it's being reactionary and unable to withstand criticism. 

Timeline
18 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

when you're in the type of business trump used to be in, you have to know when to be ruthless and when being ruthless will not work in your favor.

trump is forgetting that he can't negotiate his inauguration attendance? :lol:

it's not a counter punch, it's being reactionary and unable to withstand criticism. 

Hey, that's just my analysis. I could, of course be wrong:innocent:

07/09/2013: POE - EWR. Went super fast and easy. 5 minutes of waiting and then just a signature and finger print.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

06/01/2016: Original Biometrics appointment, had to reschedule due to being away.

Just now, OriZ said:

Hey, that's just my analysis. I could, of course be wrong:innocent:

peeps usually are wrong when they contradict themselves. you don't condone trump's behavior but believe he's got good reasons for his behavior. 

Dead-Or-Alive-You-Spin-Me-Round.jpg

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

peeps usually are wrong when they contradict themselves. you don't condone trump's behavior but believe he's got good reasons for his behavior. 

Dead-Or-Alive-You-Spin-Me-Round.jpg

No, I'm just a curious person and I like to try and figure out what's behind certain behavior. Everything in life has a reason; Depending on the circumstances, some call it excuses. In other circumstances it's valid. Nevertheless you can't claim things happen out of thin air. My explanation is just meant to provide another perspective as to the why.  That does not make it OK. Just like there could be many reasons why someone would rob a store or kill somebody, but that still doesn't make it ok. 

1 minute ago, OriZ said:

No, I'm just a curious person and I like to try and figure out what's behind certain behavior. Everything in life has a reason; Depending on the circumstances, some call it excuses. In other circumstances it's valid. Nevertheless you can't claim things happen out of thin air. My explanation is just meant to provide another perspective as to the why.  That does not make it OK. Just like there could be many reasons why someone would rob a store or kill somebody, but that still doesn't make it ok. 

and so curious people are capable of self contradiction, you just proved it.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, smilesammich said:

and so curious people are capable of self contradiction, you just proved it.

There is no contradiction in actually understanding a reason for an action, that does not mean you have to accept it. For the life of me I can't understand where you get that from. So if your significant other does something that annoys you, but you understand where they were coming from, you have to like it? You're trying to twist things here in untwistable ways. I mean, I don't know maybe my thought process is just too complex although I could swear I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

10 minutes ago, OriZ said:

There is no contradiction in actually understanding a reason for an action, that does not mean you have to accept it. For the life of me I can't understand where you get that from. So if your significant other does something that annoys you, but you understand where they were coming from, you have to like it? You're trying to twist things here in untwistable ways. I mean, I don't know maybe my thought process is just too complex although I could swear I'm not the only one who thinks that way.

your thought process is too complex ?? :P

seriously, your trump apologetics need polishing. try adding a pinch of actual reason. trump isn't 'forgetting' that he can't negotiate the literal number of bodies present at his inauguration. and surely trumpo knows how ratings work. he also knows that if you're gonna lie, you should lie big and follow the trail of what the audience accepts of your big lie. 

Timeline
Just now, smilesammich said:

your thought process is too complex ?? :P

seriously, your trump apologetics need polishing. try adding a pinch of actual reason. trump isn't 'forgetting' that he can't negotiate the literal number of bodies present at his inauguration. and surely trumpo knows how ratings work. he also knows that if you're gonna lie, you should lie big and follow the trail of what the audience accepts of your big lie. 

Again, it's all about playing the game for him. Regardless, I've said more times than I can count that I think he needs to grow up. On a different note...is there anything you can point to yet that you actually like? Something? Anything? What do you make of the meeting with the unions? 

1 minute ago, OriZ said:

Again, it's all about playing the game for him. Regardless, I've said more times than I can count that I think he needs to grow up. On a different note...is there anything you can point to yet that you actually like? Something? Anything? What do you make of the meeting with the unions? 

are you asking me if i think we need to focus on infrastructure? yes. do i think that trump meeting with union leaders has much affect on making infrastructure a priority with proper funding (from appropriate sources; i.e. not working middle class and working poor americans)? no.

Timeline
1 minute ago, smilesammich said:

are you asking me if i think we need to focus on infrastructure? yes. do i think that trump meeting with union leaders has much affect on making infrastructure a priority with proper funding (from appropriate sources; i.e. not working middle class and working poor americans)? no.

Well they seemed pleased after meeting him. It seems like many people that have expressed unfavorable views of him change their tone after meeting him. He said(doesn't mean it's going to happen) that the cuts will be for the middle class as well. I guess we'll see.