yellowfever

Starting to get worried...

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Well, I think the last time I posted here I was all excited because I got my Approval Notice. Now I'm all worried again :crying:

In my approval notice (Jan 22 '07) it says "If it has been more than four weeks since you received this approval notice and you have not received notification from NVC that your petition has been forwarded overseas, please call [number]". Normally I'm a pretty patient guy so I've let this slide even though it's been quite a while without hearing anything. Lately I've become worried about it and Snow (fiancee) has been crying to me asking if we're ever gonna see each other again.

Today I finally called the number and went through the automated receipt number lookup thingy and it said my number is invalid! I tried it 2 times just to be sure. Then I tried getting an operator but of course no luck on that. So I sent them one of the most pitiful emails I've ever written, begging them for some info.

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm pretty stressed out right now with graduating school and trying to start my career and this is just one more thing keeping me awake at night.

I believe K-1's are not entered in the NVC's electronic database, so you would get an "invalid number" when you try the automated phone system. You need to speak w/ a live operator to get an update on your case. I can't offer any more advice since I'm not at that stage yet. Someone will come along and perhaps can give you more info. Hang in there! :)

-P

funny-dog-pictures-wtf.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

If it makes you feel any better, I've only had very positive responses and very friendly phone operators when trying to call the NVC for info. Those people are there to help, don't hesitate to call.

01/29/07: Petition sent to Vermont Service Center

02/05/07: NOA1, receipt

02/16/07: NOA2, approved!

02/26/07: Petition forwarded to Consulate in Montreal from NVC

03/06/07: Packet from Consulate received

03/31/07: Checklist sent to Consulate

(current status: waiting for the interview!)

Jaime, fiancee to Leo, a Brazilian residing in Canada...

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If you are a K-1, your petition isn't even logged at NVC--I believe you have to get to an operator to get your custom update. :)

(yes, it's pretty common--don't stress!)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

A few things

1. Call NVC at 603 334-0700 your case will not be in the automated system talk to an operator. http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3177.html
  2. When the case does leave NVC, it will be 3 months before Guangzhou indicates they received the case DHL delivers it to a warehouse in Guangzhou where it will sit until they are ready for it, and sends out packet 3, this is normal, don't bother Department of State of Guangzhou before then.
  3. I Highly recommend A Candle for Love for preparing for the interview at that consulate. http://candleforlove.com

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Wow, fast responses again! I love you guys!

Ok, that's good to know that the number won't be in the system yet. I guess I'll keep calling back and trying for an operator (5 times so far). Speaking of which, what's up with this stupid automated system? If you try an operator and it's busy, it just dumps you back at the main menu! Why can't I just stay in cue on hold or something? Very irritating.

[*] When the case does leave NVC, it will be 3 months before Guangzhou indicates they received the case DHL delivers it to a warehouse in Guangzhou where it will sit until they are ready for it, and sends out packet 3, this is normal, don't bother Department of State of Guangzhou before then.

Aaaagghh, that really brings me down. I was hoping this could be over with by the end of the year but it's looking otherwise. Man, this is one of the most painful, drawn-out processes I've ever had the displeasure of experiencing.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

The best time to call is very early or very late. They are open till midnight. I have been calling about 11 PM. Usually my wait is about 2 minutes. I will be making my next bi weekly call on Thursday.

Actually your story sounds identical to mine. I heard nothing for a month and then called and found out I was in Administrative Review where it has stayed now for 10 weeks or so. I hope that is not what has happened to you. It is a big black hole where you can do nothing and find out nothing and never know when and if it will end. Good luck.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

Wander over to the NVC forum (further down on the forum page) but I BELIEVE (not at this stage yet...) its best to call either really early or late. I think they stay open later than normal business hours, but post over there and they can tell you for sure! Congrats on the approval :)

Timeline

AOS

Mailed AOS, EAD and AP Sept 11 '07

Recieved NOA1's for all Sept 23 or 24 '07

Bio appt. Oct. 24 '07

EAD/AP approved Nov 26 '07

Got the AP Dec. 3 '07

AOS interview Feb 7th (5 days after the 1 year anniversary of our K1 NOA1!

Stuck in FBI name checks...

Got the GC July '08

Timeline

I finally got through to an operator. She said that it had been forwarded to Guangzhou on Feb 12. So, it's already been sitting there for almost a month and a half like Dan said.

Sooo, that's good to know I guess! At least I can give Snow an update...poor girl is looking sadder than I've ever seen her. I just wish I could give her a hug :(

You guys are awesome. Thanks for your help and I'll keep y'all updated!

Edited by yellowfever

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.