38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just send in what they ask for, it's the best you can do. Hopefully you have a bunch of 'joint' evidence. Hopefully with them requesting info it means an end to your case soon. With any luck once you send in the info, they will issue the visa.

I have been continuing to get the run around from them. I have been trying to discover for sure whether my ban has been changed and no one is giving me a straight answer. I am now going to send a letter to Vermont requesting the information. I called the border crossing that I was kicked out at and talked to the Supervisor (an ###, by the way) and he was of no help and refused to provide me with contact information to Vermont. His only response was, I am sure you have access to the internet, have a good day. And that was it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Just send in what they ask for, it's the best you can do. Hopefully you have a bunch of 'joint' evidence. Hopefully with them requesting info it means an end to your case soon. With any luck once you send in the info, they will issue the visa.

I have been continuing to get the run around from them. I have been trying to discover for sure whether my ban has been changed and no one is giving me a straight answer. I am now going to send a letter to Vermont requesting the information. I called the border crossing that I was kicked out at and talked to the Supervisor (an ###, by the way) and he was of no help and refused to provide me with contact information to Vermont. His only response was, I am sure you have access to the internet, have a good day. And that was it.

I swear it's like the border agents have some god complex. The power they have seems to have gotten to their head. I wish you luck. My husband and I do not have any joint evidence. Sucks but we're trying to get some stuff together.

Married August 21 2004 in Nova Scotia!

October 19/04 sent I-130.

April 17/08 finally arrive back in New Orleans after 3 years and 8 months.

May 19/08 Perm Resident Card arrives.

July 24/08 Reapply for a new SS card with married name.

August 4/08 Baby daughter born.

Timeline

canadian processing times. sponsorship canadian-style seems way easier.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ti...tml#sponsorship

and

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/ti...fc-spouses.html

i'm so sorry again :/ i wrote earlier but i just feel so bad so i had to write again. i was in the US legally from age 7-20 and the consulate was a royal biznitch, saying i wasnt legal but not telling me how or why. and being SO rude. so now we have several complaints sent out by lawyer about her to several angencies, as well as the senator who's said he'd even help expedite the review.

they all need some sensitivity training.

if i didnt grow up in the US and have so many friends and family, i would prefer canada.

i bet i've lost a million pounds by now jumping through their hoops

(F)

menandbran.jpg

Timeline

Hey Neworleans...You must have something. Pictures of the two of you together?? Letters or emails back and forth? Mail from family members addressed to both of you? Ummm...Letters from people who know you both that would back up your relationship? Keep digging, you'll find something!

Timeline

mrsserendipity, Thank you for the links! Nice to see that they are pretty quick!! Thank you for your well wishes too! I wish you the best and I hope they stop being such jerks to you. It's kind of funny but as I went through the whole process I kind of felt like a trained monkey. Hear the bell and run! Only instead of a bell it was check online...check the mail...get something...run run run!! As much as I wanted to have it go through, I find myself at peace that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

Timeline
mrsserendipity, Thank you for the links! Nice to see that they are pretty quick!! Thank you for your well wishes too! I wish you the best and I hope they stop being such jerks to you. It's kind of funny but as I went through the whole process I kind of felt like a trained monkey. Hear the bell and run! Only instead of a bell it was check online...check the mail...get something...run run run!! As much as I wanted to have it go through, I find myself at peace that I don't have to deal with them anymore.

good analogy. i can imagine how wonderful that peace feels. bittersweet, but still peace. now when people ask how i stay in shape i say i just jump through hoops. i call it the Immigration Diet. i cant remember ever having that peace, having dealt with b.s. since i was really young. almost 2 decades of b.s. have cause me to develop a mental illness as well. soon hopefully i can just relax. for once :) i still havent lost hope.

yeah canadian spousal sponsorship seems easier. are you close to your hubby? does he have a fancy job, or can he relocate for a few months (or travel)? i'm right across the bridge from him in windsor. its such a tease, lol. many times i just park by the river and watch detroit...like half a mile away. id daydream about just swimming through or skating over in the wintertime, but im just not that kind of person. but it is just such a tease. i miss it. it's where i grew up. but because our last lawyer in the states was a dummy (and got his lisence expelled, too, so we were left with no lawyer), they screwed with my parents and since i was under 21 i was included in their claim and now cannot seem to rid myself of their baggage. we were never there unlawfully, no record, nothing. i think the US just doesnt like me, heh :/

ive been in canada about 2 1/5 years, so i dont know much about how everything works. i know the senator for michigan has been helpful, and i think they're called MPs here? maybe they can help your case pass by faster. i wouldnt even mention that you tried applying in the states or any of that stuff. clean fresh start :) have you looked at lawyers? ive found that the fancy really are worth it, heh

menandbran.jpg

Timeline

oh and also, i just did a quick search. here's some stuff from a canadian visa immigration lawyer's FAQs. this sounds so much easier and more compassionate for both sponsor AND sponsoreeeeee, hehe

http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigra...ponsorship.html

21. How long will the entire Sponsorship Application process take?

Spousal, Common-law or Conjugal Sponsorship Applications and the Sponsorship of dependent children are a priority at all

Canadian Immigration Visa Offices and such applications are processed ahead of all other applications for permanent residence in Canada.

The length of the Sponsorship Application process varies depending on the Canadian Immigration Visa Office to which the Sponsored person's Application For Permanent Residence In Canada has been forwarded.

14. What documents must the Sponsor submit?

The Sponsor and the Sponsor's co-signer, if applicable, must complete and submit:

* An "Application to Sponsor and Undertaking"

* A "Sponsorship Agreement"

* A "Sponsorship Evaluation"

* A "Spouse/Common-law Partner Questionnaire" and,

* If applicable, a "Use of Representative" form

The following additional documents are required:

* The "Statutory Declaration of Common-Law Union" form (only required where the Sponsor's co-signer is a common-law partner);

* Documents supporting the sponsor's Sponsorship Evaluation, which may include:

o Tax returns

o Notice of Assessment from Revenue Canada

o Pay stubs or letters from employers indicating salary and length of time employed

o Proof of other income such as rental and pension income, and

o Proof of financial obligations such as mortgages, property/school taxes, personal loans/lines of credit, alimony payments and insurance payments.

* Documents demonstrating the Canadian status of the Sponsor, which may include a:

o Permanent Resident Card; or

o Record of Landing; or

o Canadian Birth Certificate; or

o Citizenship Card; or

o Certificate of Registration of Birth Abroad together with Certificate of Retention of Canadian Citizenship; and

* Documents demonstrating relationship to the Sponsored person(s), which may include:

o Marriage certificates

o Adoption orders

o Passports indicating identity of parents/children

If the Sponsor resides in the Province of Quebec, corresponding forms provided by the Quebec Government will be required in addition to the Federal forms.

15. What documents must the Sponsored person(s) submit?

* The Sponsored person(s) must submit an Application For Permanent Residence in Canada.

* The Sponsored person's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner and each dependent child aged 18 or over (whether accompanying the Sponsored person or not) will each be required to complete and submit a Schedule 1 form.

* Applicants destined to the Province of Quebec will be required to complete an Application for a Quebec Certificate of Selection form.

The following additional documents are required:

* Statutory documents, such as:

o Police Clearance Certificates

o Birth certificates

o Household register forms

o Valid passport and ID cards, etc. and

* Documents proving the relationship to the Sponsor, such as:

o Marriage certificates

o Birth certificates

o Household register forms

19. Can a Sponsored person work or study in Canada if their application is being processed in Canada?

While waiting for their Canada Immigration Visas, Sponsored persons are allowed to work or study in Canada only after the Sponsorship Application has been approved in principle by Citizenship and Immigration Canada. They will then be granted an Open Work Permit or a Study Permit.

Of course, if the Sponsored person was already in Canada on a valid Work Permit or Study Permit, they may continue to work or study as the case may be.

menandbran.jpg

Timeline

Hi again. My husband has a pretty good job where he is and as of yet we can't afford for him to leave it. He is going to stay there for the time being and quit it and come here once/if we get the Canadian PR. He is only about 3.5 hours away from me, so he comes here every weekend. We have nearly 3 year old daughter together and its been very hard on him to miss the majority of her milestones. In the 2.5 years that this has been going on, we've only missed one weekend together and that was the same weekend that we found out about the denial. It really sucked. But I know there are some out there who do not get to see their husbands/wives and so I find myself very fortunate in that respect. I am very sorry that you've been enduring the "hoops" for so long now and I hope that some day soon you get the closure you deserve.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.