arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
24 minutes ago, Alexis9294 said:

Yeah this pisses me off too. My lawyer advised us to do the K3, and way overcharged me for filing, all for us to hear that it is slowing the process down even more?! What is up with these lawyers not knowing that doing the K3 is a total waste? Ugh... 

Well I paid lawyer 4500.00 for his services and yeah I'm pissed it slowed me down as I told him to file fastest way. Now I see he screwed me instead and didn't even feel good.,, Had to make a lil joke.. 

So I take it your lawyer filed the 1-130 and the 1-129f for u also?? Doesn't the 1-129f get tossed out if the 1-130 gets approved first tho? I don't know how it works..

17 hours ago, Sundee said:

Well I paid lawyer 4500.00 for his services and yeah I'm pissed it slowed me down as I told him to file fastest way. Now I see he screwed me instead and didn't even feel good.,, Had to make a lil joke.. 

So I take it your lawyer filed the 1-130 and the 1-129f for u also?? Doesn't the 1-129f get tossed out if the 1-130 gets approved first tho? I don't know how it works..

$4,500?! I paid only $700 twice from my previous petitions for fiancee and marriage visa twice around 7-8 months approval. Now, it's my 3rd time I filed on my own. 

15 hours ago, deafguy72 said:

$4,500?! I paid only $700 twice from my previous petitions for fiancee and marriage visa twice around 7-8 months approval. Now, it's my 3rd time I filed on my own. 

I meant I filed the 3rd one on my own for the first time. It's not that hard at all and is still the same process lengths from the lawyers. 

Timeline
15 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

I meant I filed the 3rd one on my own for the first time. It's not that hard at all and is still the same process lengths from the lawyers. 

Yes I paid that price so lawyer could handle everything from start to finish plus still had to pay fees for Uscis forms, etc. I feel I got ripped off majorly. 

Can an I ask u a question without me being nosey cos I'm not trying to be nosey but u say first 2 times u paid for petitions to be filed and 3rd time u did yourself... So have u filed for 3 different persons?? Were u married to any of them or were they just fiancee's??

Im just wondering cos my friend married a foreigner and then got divorced and now is wanting to get the guy she should have married in the 1 st place to US with her. Does immigration frown on that and does it have to be at least a few years before she should file for her new love.. Or should I say the one she should have married in the first place..

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, deafguy72 said:

How many times do you need to file? Didn't it got approved earlier?

Timeline
46 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Yes I paid that price so lawyer could handle everything from start to finish plus still had to pay fees for Uscis forms, etc. I feel I got ripped off majorly. 

Can an I ask u a question without me being nosey cos I'm not trying to be nosey but u say first 2 times u paid for petitions to be filed and 3rd time u did yourself... So have u filed for 3 different persons?? Were u married to any of them or were they just fiancee's??

Im just wondering cos my friend married a foreigner and then got divorced and now is wanting to get the guy she should have married in the 1 st place to US with her. Does immigration frown on that and does it have to be at least a few years before she should file for her new love.. Or should I say the one she should have married in the first place..

I was asking deafguy 72 that question 

16 hours ago, Sundee said:

The first one was the fiancee visa that got approved but I voided because she got pregnant to someone else. The second was marriage visa I got married in the Philippines and of course got approved. And then I brought her to the States, unhappy and got divorced. Now, the 3rd one I'm with my wife and 2 handsome sons here in the Philippines await for the approval :D 

15 hours ago, Bikerbride said:

How many times do you need to file? Didn't it got approved earlier?

3 different persons at different times. One in 2006 with fiancee visa, voided, unable to apply another fiancee visa for at least 2 years under USCIS rules, so then I ended up married to someone in the Philippines, unhappy and got divorced. Years later now I'm with my wife and 2 boys my 3rd petition for my wife only because my boys are US citizens birth here in the Philippines

Timeline
4 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

The first one was the fiancee visa that got approved but I voided because she got pregnant to someone else. The second was marriage visa I got married in the Philippines and of course got approved. And then I brought her to the States, unhappy and got divorced. Now, the 3rd one I'm with my wife and 2 handsome sons here in the Philippines await for the approval :D 

So do u go through immigration in the states or do u deal with the embassy there only in the Philippines? And how long did u go before refilling? Like more then 2 years in between filing?

15 hours ago, Sundee said:

So do u go through immigration in the states or do u deal with the embassy there only in the Philippines? And how long did u go before refilling? Like more then 2 years in between filing?

Through in the States. I have heard about filing here in the Philippines to get approved very quickly with the reasons like health condition, war, pregnancy, etc. so I'm not in a hurry for the approval because I'm with my wife and boys. I went back to the States then in April, I filed the petition awaiting for the approval. My PD on April 10th. I won't except to know til end of this year

Timeline
8 minutes ago, deafguy72 said:

Through in the States. I have heard about filing here in the Philippines to get approved very quickly with the reasons like health condition, war, pregnancy, etc. so I'm not in a hurry for the approval because I'm with my wife and boys. I went back to the States then in April, I filed the petition awaiting for the approval. My PD on April 10th. I won't except to know til end of this year

At least your with your wife so it makes the process not stressful.

15 hours ago, Sundee said:

Under USCIS rule, if the first fiancee visa been void then have to wait another 2 years to refiling I-129F. For I-130, no waiting for another 2 years if getting married in another country instead

Timeline
1 minute ago, deafguy72 said:

Under USCIS rule, if the first fiancee visa been void then have to wait another 2 years to refiling I-129F. For I-130, no waiting for another 2 years if getting married in another country instead

So if my friend gets divorced and she married her 1st love that's in same country as her soon to be ex husband does she have to wait long before she can file the 1-130. Both men (her ex to be) and new Guy are both from Same country.

16 hours ago, Sundee said:

So if my friend gets divorced and she married her 1st love that's in same country as her soon to be ex husband does she have to wait long before she can file the 1-130. Both men (her ex to be) and new Guy are both from Same country.

Make sure her marriage is legal first before she can file. Good luck :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
7 hours ago, Sundee said:

Yeah, my lawyer knew that we were desperate to get my husband home as fast as possible so she suggested the K3. We paid $1000 to file it and come to find out that the K3 is absolutely free to file as long as you have pending I-130. So it appears we both were majorly over charged.

You are correct, if the I-130 is approved first or at the same time then the K3 will be administratively closed. This is because the whole point of doing the K3 is to be able to travel to the U.S. while you wait for your I-130 approval. So in the case that the I-130 is approved first or at the same time, then there is no longer a need for the K3 so they just terminate the application. And as you can see right now (if you look at other VJ timelines) no one is getting their K3 approved so it was a big waste of money filing the K3.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.