arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Spain
Timeline

We're approaching 6 months- 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, but who's counting? ;-) Does anyone know if there is a certain threshold for when they will refer you to the Tier 2 supervisor (on the USCIS line) on the phone and they will be helpful? Is it 5 months? 6 months? 

26 minutes ago, AmyLo said:

We're approaching 6 months- 5 months, 2 weeks, 1 day, but who's counting? ;-) Does anyone know if there is a certain threshold for when they will refer you to the Tier 2 supervisor (on the USCIS line) on the phone and they will be helpful? Is it 5 months? 6 months? 

I really think it's pot luck.  You can always try calling.  Unless somebody has touched your petition there really isn't much they will tell you because they just don't know.  It seems they mostly still tell you what is on the USCIS website unless something has happened like your petition being transferred.  I'm approaching 7 months and there's nothing they have been able to tell us, except what the USCIS website says they're up to:(

1 hour ago, Frustrated74 said:

I really think it's pot luck.  You can always try calling.  Unless somebody has touched your petition there really isn't much they will tell you because they just don't know.  It seems they mostly still tell you what is on the USCIS website unless something has happened like your petition being transferred.  I'm approaching 7 months and there's nothing they have been able to tell us, except what the USCIS website says they're up to:(

We too are approaching 7 months and I agree we can only follow the website at this time praying for all of us to hear soon! Sending positive thoughts for all!!!!

Good news Nebraska people.  We received our approval today.  Actually, it was Monday but received the notifications this morning US time so they must be slowly getting through September petitions.  Our PD was 8/9

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
1 hour ago, Frustrated74 said:

Good news Nebraska people.  We received our approval today.  Actually, it was Monday but received the notifications this morning US time so they must be slowly getting through September petitions.  Our PD was 8/9

I assume that you mean that your PD was 9/8 as in September 8th.

5 minutes ago, jakelake said:

I assume that you mean that your PD was 9/8 as in September 8th.

Oops, yes. 8 September. I'm not used to writing the month first 😊

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

We sent ours back in Oct of last year (10/24 iirc) and got our NOA-1 on 11/1. 

I checked our case status last week and apparently on the 23rd they transferred our case to TSC. Anyone here who had their case transferred? Does it really speed up the process as they claim it does? We've already been waiting for 5 months :(

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

2 hours ago, Frustrated74 said:

Congratulations!!

October 31, 2016 I-130 sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 4, 2016 Received text case sent to Nebraska

November 10, 2016 Received Hard copy of NOA1

Filed: Country: Dominican Republic
Timeline

My PD date is 10/18. I was transferred to Texas earlier this month. I am hoping that this speeds up the process. I am on the October filers forum and from what I can see(based on the comments) Texas is Approving middle to late September filers. I'm praying to get an answer soon.

15 hours ago, Frustrated74 said:

Congratulations!!! I received an RFE😔

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iceland
Timeline

Hi everyone, just joined, our PD is 2/14 so we have a long road ahead of us :/

Is there any logic to how fast approvals come and the country of origin of the applicant? For example, it seems from looking at Igor's List that there are some people with PDs in December and January who already have their NOA2 (from the Nebraska service center even!) and I'm seeing Philippines come up a lot...

Trying to grasp at any straw after reading this thread :/  We have been married since August 21, 2016 but had a long, hard road to even get to that point and we just feel like we're wasting more and more time. I was hoping to have him over here by September but that looks like a pipe dream. Maybe November?

Best of luck to everyone here, nice to see people getting through this. It almost makes me want to go apply for a job at a service center so I can help other people get through this faster!

Hi Fellow VJs,

Is this NOA2? We received our NOA1 feb 22 i think and got this email from uscis, i thought it takes about 6 months after noa1 to noa2 so im wondering if this is really noa2. Thanks :)

On March 30, 2017, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number Xxxxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

IR1 / Nebraska Service Center

07/31/2014 : Married 

02/15/2017: Sent I-130 

02/22/2017: NOA1

03/30/2017: NOA2 YAYYYyyyyy  36 days after NOA1.. Blessed  

04/19/2017: Email from NVC

04/19/2017: DS-261 unlocked

04/21/2017: AOS paid

04/25/2017: IV paid

06/14/2017: Sent AOS Package

06/21/2017: Scan date

08/23/2017: Case Complete (9 weeks)

08/24/2017: Received automatic checklist via email from NVC to bring proof of domicile during interview. Still waiting for Interview Appointment.

08/30/2017: Received email from NVC telling that they will be schedule interview.

09/06/2017: Received email from NVC regarding Interview Date

10/25/2017: Interview Date

09/14/2017: Emailed US Embassy to cancel our interview and postpone as wife is pregnant. USEM mentioned to contact them 3 weeks prior to intended date of appointment. 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
35 minutes ago, RoseEinar said:

Hi everyone, just joined, our PD is 2/14 so we have a long road ahead of us :/

Is there any logic to how fast approvals come and the country of origin of the applicant? For example, it seems from looking at Igor's List that there are some people with PDs in December and January who already have their NOA2 (from the Nebraska service center even!) and I'm seeing Philippines come up a lot...

Trying to grasp at any straw after reading this thread :/  We have been married since August 21, 2016 but had a long, hard road to even get to that point and we just feel like we're wasting more and more time. I was hoping to have him over here by September but that looks like a pipe dream. Maybe November?

Best of luck to everyone here, nice to see people getting through this. It almost makes me want to go apply for a job at a service center so I can help other people get through this faster!

Yeah, the beneficiary's country of origin is one of the factors that can slow the process down lot...mostly because some they will undergo additional security checks. Also if your marriage is more recent they will scrutinize it more.

Edited by SabRob
spelling

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
2 hours ago, Happyfamily03 said:

Hi Fellow VJs,

Is this NOA2? We received our NOA1 feb 22 i think and got this email from uscis, i thought it takes about 6 months after noa1 to noa2 so im wondering if this is really noa2. Thanks :)

On March 30, 2017, we approved your Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, Receipt Number Xxxxxxxx. We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice.

Congratulations, yes that is the NOA2. What was the date of your NOA1?

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.