arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Just now, Rastaman21 said:

I’m protected by the CSPA. My age freezes on the date my i130 was submitted and he’s a US citizen. As long as my i130 form was submitted before my 21st birthday I’ll be classified as an immediate relative and won’t have to wait for years. If I’m correct I won’t get approved until January or February. Then NVC will probably take another 4 months. Let’s hope that’s the case 

that's pretty cool! I hope it goes faster for you. Unfortunately, NVC/embassy is a long process for me, so I feel like I'll be stuck there 6 months at least, trying to find an interview date. It is what it is, there's nothing we can do but keep waiting and hoping for the best. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Nebraskans,

It's nice to see a lot of people were approved in Jan. I haven't been keeping up with posts daily like I used to because it was making the wait feel even longer.

It's been 30 days since they emailed saying they sent me a RFE and still haven't received anything in the mail. I called the USCIS today and the agent said if I haven't received anything by Nov 2 to let them know, and what a coincidence it was Nov 2, so he agreed to send a service request for me. He asked me to confirm my zip code and when he realized I had an overseas mailing address he suggested that i go online and change it to a US address. He placed me on hold and tried to transfer me to someone higher up, but said he couldn't because I was calling from overseas. Then he told me to send an email to follow up on my RFE and that if they didn't get a response from me by the deadline they would forfeit my petition, but he couldn't tell me when the deadline was. He said probably around Jan or Feb. 

I went online to try and update my address, but it asks for your old address and new address and of course doesn't recognize my overseas address so it doesn't allow me to change it. 

I just don't understand that if my overseas address is a problem, why they don't specifically ask you to have a US address for correspondence. Also they sent me my receipt I-1797 to Australia so i don't get why they have trouble sending the RFE here. 

Something so simple as a change of address seems to be hard. I will try calling them again tomorrow.

So frustrating.... 😭

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Rastaman21 said:

I’m a child of a USC therefore I’m IR2. My Pd date is March 6. I’m 21 years old now but my i130 form was submitted before I was 21 so I can’t age out. this waiting thing is taking a toll on me because I’m about to finish university this school year. I was hoping that I’d be able to persue a masters program in the US by next year September but the way how Nebraska is going I don’t even know if I’ll be ready to migrate by next year summer to be very honest!! I’m tired of this 

My son's IR2 was processed and approved a couple of weeks ago. Which is ahead of average timelines for Nebraska. There is a good chance you will get approved soon. I am IR1 (spouse) and am still waiting for my approval. My only educated guess as to why the IR2 was processed ahead of the IR1 is they are very easy applications. No confirming of a marriage or any sort of intent. They just look at the birth certificate to ensure you qualify for the Visa.

Someone did point out today the irony with IR2 applications. They asked if your son is a US citizen then how come it takes so long to claim it? I said good point! It really is only a formality.

Would you be able to expedite once it goes through? I am not sure if the likelihood but your case is unique. I know you can do the i864w which means your USC parent does not have to fill out the Affidavit of Support. You have a claim to Citizenship. My son has been told repeatedly if he wants to live in the US he can legally do so. Reason for expedite could be claiming US citizenship. From my experience my son is treated a thousand times differently than me. At the border they roll out the red carpet for him. They even carried on the last time I crossed about whether I had a US passport for him. I am guessing you have to do IR2 and cannot do the N600 instead? My spouse has never lived 5 years in the US as an adult so IR2 was our only option.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

Almost at the 9-month mark. Every time I feel like Nebraska is going forward, they prove me wrong.

I expected them to regain some speed after clearing the November backlog, but yeah no, wishful thinking. 

I need to take my mind off of things and thankfully I have enough going on the next couple of months. 

They still have Nov backlog. Still many of us from Nov still sitting in limbo not hearing nothing except wait Your year before approval... ugh 😑 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Been quiet week for Nebraska it seems ,  only had like 5 or 6 cases approved / rfe from all the cases I am tracking lol 

Some Feb 1-6 and January's lol 

Timeline
32 minutes ago, harsh2010 said:

Been quiet week for Nebraska it seems ,  only had like 5 or 6 cases approved / rfe from all the cases I am tracking lol 

Some Feb 1-6 and January's lol 

Are u still tracking mine?? I’m still in Nov

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sundee said:

Are u still tracking mine?? I’m still in Nov

Yeah I still got your case tracked , whenever I refresh I pray that I Dee an update on your case ,   I hope it's really soon 

Edited by harsh2010

Timeline
7 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Yeah I still got your case tracked , whenever I refresh I pray that I Dee an update on your case ,   I hope it's really soon 

Thank you and yes I pray it’s soon as almost 1 yr now. This really makes one wonder why Nebraska delaying Nov still but moving forward into all other months. 

It seems Nebraska has become extremely slow or something this week😢😡..

I'm following my case and cases filed on same date as Mine and I've  noticed that unlike the last month when there were atleast 2-3 cases  each day that were being approved and updated online as being "Sent to department of State"...this week ( monday to thursday) there were just 2 cases which were either approved / received at local office.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here's an interesting story regarding a lawsuit due to a long delay back in 2014

USCIS APPROVES FORMS I-130/I-485 AFTER GETSON & SCHATZ FILES COMPLAINT FOR WRIT OF MANDAMUS IN FEDERAL COURT

http://click4immigration.com/success-stories/uscis-approves-forms-i-130i-485-after-getson-schatz-files-complaint-for-writ-of-mandamus-in-federal-court/

Timeline
50 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Here's an interesting story regarding a lawsuit due to a long delay back in 2014

USCIS APPROVES FORMS I-130/I-485 AFTER GETSON & SCHATZ FILES COMPLAINT FOR WRIT OF MANDAMUS IN FEDERAL COURT

http://click4immigration.com/success-stories/uscis-approves-forms-i-130i-485-after-getson-schatz-files-complaint-for-writ-of-mandamus-in-federal-court/

Thank you for sharing and it’s true a person can still file that “ writ of mandamus” in court OR it can be a group of people that file it through a Federal Court.. Maybe that’s what needs to happen because it’s only Nebraska that is misbehaving and tearing our lives upside down. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, tcy said:

It seems Nebraska has become extremely slow or something this week😢😡..

I'm following my case and cases filed on same date as Mine and I've  noticed that unlike the last month when there were atleast 2-3 cases  each day that were being approved and updated online as being "Sent to department of State"...this week ( monday to thursday) there were just 2 cases which were either approved / received at local office.

They’re slugs,  now instead of 🐌’s.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Thank you for sharing and it’s true a person can still file that “ writ of mandamus” in court OR it can be a group of people that file it through a Federal Court.. Maybe that’s what needs to happen because it’s only Nebraska that is misbehaving and tearing our lives upside down. 

I don't see why a group of people couldn't file it. Perhaps it's something we could all look into?

Timeline
1 hour ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

I don't see why a group of people couldn't file it. Perhaps it's something we could all look into?

A group can make it a class action. I’m reaching a yr now and sitting seeing others approved all the way into March and maybe even April is breaking my heart, tearing down my spirits and mentally tearing up my soul. 

This is very unfair and my money I pay to have my husband approved is just as good as anyone’s else’s and my husband is just as good as uscis’ Spouse if not better. 

Just want fairness here 😪🙄

Timeline
Just now, Sundee said:

A group can make it a class action. I’m reaching a yr now and sitting seeing others approved all the way into March and maybe even April is breaking my heart, tearing down my spirits and mentally tearing up my soul. 

This is very unfair and my money I pay to have my husband approved is just as good as anyone’s else’s and my husband is just as good as uscis’ Spouse if not better. 

Just want fairness here 😪🙄

I think anyone who is interested start writing a letter and I will search here for a Federal Judge to file it. I’m fed up with this system. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.