arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Alexis9294 said:

We are currently at 310 days of waiting (PD 12/6) and I've just realized that 4 cases before and after ours have already been approved and sent to DoS. And all the recent Jan approvals just make you realize that there really is no method to this madness and this process is far from fair. 

Maybe it is true that those of us who filed 1-129F (K3) along with our I-130 are being delayed. What's funny is that most of us who filed the K3 did so on the advice of our lawyers. I paid my lawyer nearly $1000 to file the I-129F, just to find out that it will be terminated and is likely slowing down our case. When we first started this process, our lawyer told us that the I-130 process would take 3-6 months but the K3 would be approved sooner and allow my husband to come home and wait out the process. What a joke that is. I honestly wish we never hired a lawyer at this point. All she's done is charge us thousands of dollars for false hope and incorrect advice. From what I've seen in the forums, most of you who went through a lawyer feel the same way. Not to mention, whenever we contact our lawyer it's as if we are a burden to her and do nothing but bother her. 

glad to know someone who has the same worries. I wonder if our lawyers are related? Your lawyer's advice sounds eerily similar to mine.

11 hours ago, sahilpatel12 said:

i got i130 approval notice in mail (hard copy ) on Oct 5 2017 . It had approval date of Oct 2 2017. filed Jan 20 2017.

Just got this email of approval and also it shows online in website now.

On October 12, 2017, we sent your case, Receipt Number LIN1************,  to the Department of State for visa processing. You can check the status of your case at the National Visa Center after six weeks from the above date by visiting www.nvc.state.gov. You can find general information on Consular Processing by visiting our website at www.uscis.gov . The website will provide information on what to do next, who to contact, and how to inform us of any changes in your situation or address. 

For approved applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include USCIS sending notification of the approved application/petition to the National Visa Center or the Department of State. For denied applications/petitions, post-decision activity may include the processing of an appeal and/or motions to reopen or reconsider and revocations. 

• Log-in to your myUSCIS account to view your case history and understand what you can expect to happen next on your case.
  • Current processing times can be found on the USCIS website at under Check Processing Times.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Congratulations!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
11 hours ago, harsh2010 said:

Congrats buddy, 

good luck on  NVC it'll be way smoother then USCIS lol at least , hopefully 

when you get chance can you update your VJ timeline to add Approval date 

thank you 

Thanks buddy. With the rate at which approvals a flying out of Nebraska I believe yours will come way sooner than is predicted by VJ.

Timeline has been updated, I was waiting to receive the Notice letter in the by mail since that is the only place I will get the Notice date. 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
14 hours ago, Hawaii to Wroclaw said:

I give everyone here in Nebraska sooooooooo much credit, it takes a special kind of relationship to overcome this challenge. It's also great to see everyone raising one another's spirits when times are tough and hope is bleak. I pray everyone can hang in there and I hope this makes your relationships even stronger.

I recently had to go to the doctor because my hair is falling out drastically, in handfuls. I'm certain it's due to this immigration process.  My health has taken a huge hit from this. Moreover, I feel like my wife and I are struggling with this matter and hope is deteriorating.  I can't see my wife due to my financial situation as I  work and go to school full time. Making matters worse is that there is no visa waiver program for Poland.  I haven't seen my wife in a very long time and feel hopeless. I wouldn't even be surprised if some relationships end in divorce prior to their Visa petition being accepted. 

I've been waiting from almost 8 months and my biggest nightmare scenario is waiting this long and being hit with an RFE. How much longer would that delay the process? 2 months? That can't be fair if we've already waited this long. Is it possible to expedite the NVC stage for these reasons alone? 

Nightmare Scenario:

1 year wait for petition

2-3 month wait for RFE

2-3 month wait for NVC stage

2 month wait for Interview

How can any relationship survive this? Yet all of us at Nebraska paying the very same costs as other people from other centers. 

That's really sad, I am so sorry for your conditions, my prayers goes out to you on your health and quick recovery.

On your pending approval, I believe from majority of the approval trend so far, it seems like waiting time is averaging 9 to 10 months (yeah there are some outside this range). Mine was approved in 8 and half months which I would round up to 9 months. Please hang in there and don't give up yet.

If you could save up some money and try to visit your wife and if you cannot visit due to difficulty in obtaining visitors visa, then try and make your wife come visit you in Poland as this is very critical as one of the ways to show that you are in a "bona fide relationship" and in your case marriage. Please do that and remain positive and hopeful as its just few more days to approval.

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
8 hours ago, Kit Huber said:
On 10/12/2017 at 4:19 AM, Alexis9294 said:

We are currently at 310 days of waiting (PD 12/6) and I've just realized that 4 cases before and after ours have already been approved and sent to DoS. And all the recent Jan approvals just make you realize that there really is no method to this madness and this process is far from fair. 

Maybe it is true that those of us who filed 1-129F (K3) along with our I-130 are being delayed. What's funny is that most of us who filed the K3 did so on the advice of our lawyers. I paid my lawyer nearly $1000 to file the I-129F, just to find out that it will be terminated and is likely slowing down our case. When we first started this process, our lawyer told us that the I-130 process would take 3-6 months but the K3 would be approved sooner and allow my husband to come home and wait out the process. What a joke that is. I honestly wish we never hired a lawyer at this point. All she's done is charge us thousands of dollars for false hope and incorrect advice. From what I've seen in the forums, most of you who went through a lawyer feel the same way. Not to mention, whenever we contact our lawyer it's as if we are a burden to her and do nothing but bother her. 

glad to know someone who has the same worries. I wonder if our lawyers are related? Your lawyer's advice sounds eerily similar to mine.

Yes I have lawyer who I paid 5000 to and is so worthless and gave me nothing but bad advice informing me that my husband would arrive on a K3. 

I just want to kick my lawyers A.. all the way to Nebraska and leave him there with all the corn huskers.. 

Filed: IR-2 Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My father started filing for me this year. My PD date is March 6,2017. I’m worried now because I’ve turn 21 and by the looks of Nebraska service service center it seems as if I’ll be 22 by the whole process is finished. I’m waiting patiently for my approval to continue the process. My worry is that my birthday is March 29. Although my PD is March 6,2017,  It was a few days before my 21st birthday and by reading more about this it states that once my father filed the I 130 form before I’m 21 I’d be considered as a minor and it will still take couple months.  

Should I be worried about receiving my approval letter?

Timeline
15 hours ago, Binna Binna said:

I am happy to announce that I just received an email from USCIS-CaseStatus@uscis.dhs.gov and a text (SMS) on my cell for my I-130 petition for USC spouse that there has been recent processing action on my case and that my case status is now "Post Decision Activity"

I immediately login into my 'Check USCIS Case Status' on USCIS official website and behold, my case has been APPROVED and the status is "Case Was Sent To The Department of State". The the page also states Next Steps - "We will mail our decision to you. The notice will explain any action you need to take"

See my journey stats in my signature below, I have not received any mail with the notice yet. the two apps I've been using to track cases also have the same status as above.

From the Case Tracker App (iOS), I am tracking most Nebraska Jan 17 to 24 cases and there are quite a lot of cases with same status as mine (like really a lot) updated today - Oct 12. So everyone still waiting for approval, this means there is a lot of movements and you will be up next for approval soon. 

I am really glad I am through with this phase and onto the next phase. I wish you all faster approvals and I will see you soon on NVC phase.

Approval.JPG.33b2d8bce116e0ea6429ea9393f35df7.JPG

Congrats Binna !!!

Timeline
32 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Reading the March form, it looks like a petition from April was approved in Nebraska. If only they were truly up to that date.

If truly it was first come first approved in order received but Nebraska is not approving as received.. I'm still at 317 days ☹️☹️

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Sundee said:

That is from 2014 but it needs to happen again

I was just reading the NY Times article, and it states:

"The law prohibits foreigners who want to become residents from entering as tourists while their documents are in process."

That entire statement is incorrect.

Nonetheless, I certainly wish we could get the eyes on this situation. This waiting game is horrendous.

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

I was just reading the NY Times article, and it states:

"The law prohibits foreigners who want to become residents from entering as tourists while their documents are in process."

That entire statement is incorrect.

Nonetheless, I certainly wish we could get the eyes on this situation. This waiting game is horrendous.

I'm going to contact the New York Times and try to get this article published again but add more to this on going problem

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.