arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, TX&BC said:

I can't keep going with a pessimistic approach. This wait is physically sickening me. So. I need to be foolish and positive. 

Don't worry. I'll  cross my fingers for you too. 

I'm glad I joined the group. We are counting 310 days and counting for my I-130.

Can anyone confirm the story about I-130 and attached I-129Fs taking longer than normal? We are past the processing time for our I-130, but 'within processing times' for our I-129F (295 days). I'd hate to think we got hit twice (NVC being slow + our specific situation gets the shaft), but at this rate I'd rather know what happened compared to not knowing.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Kit Huber said:

I'm glad I joined the group. We are counting 310 days and counting for my I-130.

Can anyone confirm the story about I-130 and attached I-129Fs taking longer than normal? We are past the processing time for our I-130, but 'within processing times' for our I-129F (295 days). I'd hate to think we got hit twice (NVC being slow + our specific situation gets the shaft), but at this rate I'd rather know what happened compared to not knowing.

did you submit a case out of normal processing Inquiry ? 

i believe you should be able to submit it now ,

not sure if it'll actually do anything , but worth any slim chance it may have ... ?? 

Just now, harsh2010 said:

did you submit a case out of normal processing Inquiry ? 

i believe you should be able to submit it now ,

not sure if it'll actually do anything , but worth any slim chance it may have ... ?? 

Sorry if it was unclear. We first submitted our I-130 (12/6), then submitted our I-129F (12/21) upon advise of our lawyer. Several pages ago in this thread someone mentioned that cases where I-130 and I129F are attached may be delayed. I want to confirm: is that true? Trying to look for confirmation and other articles. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 minutes ago, Kit Huber said:

Sorry if it was unclear. We first submitted our I-130 (12/6), then submitted our I-129F (12/21) upon advise of our lawyer. Several pages ago in this thread someone mentioned that cases where I-130 and I129F are attached may be delayed. I want to confirm: is that true? Trying to look for confirmation and other articles. 

oh i got that, 

It shouldn't cause any delay if you submit I 129F with I130 but no one really knows the correct answer, 

you should of had some kind of news by now , since Nebraska is working on Late December to January cases right now  ( minus the ones they skipped in November - December :( )    

i was saying try submitting a case outside normal processing time Inquiry for your I-130 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

might or might not help 

I wish there was a USCIS office near by me lol  ( nearest one is 4 hours away lol ) 

I would so make an info pass appointment and go see if they would of done anything on my case lol 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
14 minutes ago, Kit Huber said:

I have stated this in several threads but it was merely an observation and nothing concrete to back this up. I have observed a theme the majority of people who are stuck behind processing times are people who also filed the K-3. I realize there are others who are also stuck who did not file the K-3. I have no answer as to why they have been left behind while newer applicants are processed.

Edited by acidrain

Just now, harsh2010 said:

oh i got that, 

It shouldn't cause any delay if you submit I 129F with I130 but no one really knows the correct answer, 

you should of had some kind of news by now , since Nebraska is working on Late December to January cases right now  ( minus the ones they skipped in November - December :( )    

i was saying try submitting a case outside normal processing time Inquiry for your I-130 

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do?entryPoint=init&sroPageType=onpt

might or might not help 

I wish there was a USCIS office near by me lol  ( nearest one is 4 hours away lol ) 

I would so make an info pass appointment and go see if they would of done anything on my case lol 

Thanks for the link. I believe our lawyer has filed that inquiry on our behalf. Her feedback was that it would take "15-30 days" to receive a response for that query. Therefore, more waiting. I live halfway across the world. Believe me when I tell you if there was an USCIS location near me I'd be making physical appointments :)

I noticed Nebraska is processing cases filed after us. Seems like we were caught up in the "November/December" backlog and were skipped through. I really hope not.

3 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I have stated this in several threads but it was merely an observation and nothing concrete to back this up. I have observed a theme the majority of people who are stuck behind processing times are people who also filed the K-3. I realize there are others who are also stuck who did not file the K-3. I have no answer as to why they have been left behind while newer applicants are processed.

ahh! Thanks for clarifying this! Above all, I'm glad I'm part of this forum. People commiserate and celebrate together through this process :)

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi everyone. I know I'm not very active on these forums but I follow them all the time. I love seeing how everyone comes together to support one another as we are all stuck in Nebraska. I'm so glad that we all have somewhere where we can share our stories and frustrations. 

We are currently at 310 days of waiting (PD 12/6) and I've just realized that 4 cases before and after ours have already been approved and sent to DoS. And all the recent Jan approvals just make you realize that there really is no method to this madness and this process is far from fair. 

Maybe it is true that those of us who filed 1-129F (K3) along with our I-130 are being delayed. What's funny is that most of us who filed the K3 did so on the advice of our lawyers. I paid my lawyer nearly $1000 to file the I-129F, just to find out that it will be terminated and is likely slowing down our case. When we first started this process, our lawyer told us that the I-130 process would take 3-6 months but the K3 would be approved sooner and allow my husband to come home and wait out the process. What a joke that is. I honestly wish we never hired a lawyer at this point. All she's done is charge us thousands of dollars for false hope and incorrect advice. From what I've seen in the forums, most of you who went through a lawyer feel the same way. Not to mention, whenever we contact our lawyer it's as if we are a burden to her and do nothing but bother her. 

What's really sad is that a lot of us were waiting for last months processing update with hopes that we would find that they are finally working within range of our PDs and that we would be able to file an inquiry. Now the next update is just a few days away and it still feels like we haven't gotten any closer. I've been keeping busy lately but the fact that we are past 10 months of waiting is always in the back of my mind. I'm happy for the Jan filers who have been approved recently, but seriously? Why is Nebraska skipping past all of us Nov/Dec filers and approving Jan already? I keep telling my husband that, at this point, I wouldn't even be upset if we got an RFE. At least it would mean that someone has actually touched our case and from what I've seen, people who get an RFE get an approval soon after USCIS receives their additional evidence.

It's sad that there is absolutely nothing we can do. Contacting USCIS is useless; if anything it just frustrates me even more. Our lawyer filed an inquiry but I'm sure we will get the generic "we are performing background checks" or something along those lines. So all we can do is wait and hope that October is our month. I've been saying for months that it's so hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel and the longer we wait, the worse it gets. I can't imagine how all of you, that have been waiting longer than we have, feel. I honestly hope you all get your approvals before we get ours. It's only fair that those who filed before us are approved first. 

Edited by Alexis9294

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Alexis9294 said:

Hi everyone. I know I'm not very active on these forums but I follow them all the time. I love seeing how everyone comes together to support one another as we are all stuck in Nebraska. I'm so glad that we all have somewhere where we can share our stories and frustrations. 

We are currently at 310 days of waiting (PD 12/6) and I've just realized that 4 cases before and after ours have already been approved and sent to DoS. And all the recent Jan approvals just make you realize that there really is no method to this madness and this process is far from fair. 

Maybe it is true that those of us who filed 1-129F (K3) along with our I-130 are being delayed. What's funny is that most of us who filed the K3 did so on the advice of our lawyers. I paid my lawyer nearly $1000 to file the I-129F, just to find out that it will be terminated and is likely slowing down our case. When we first started this process, our lawyer told us that the I-130 process would take 3-6 months but the K3 would be approved sooner and allow my husband to come home and wait out the process. What a joke that is. I honestly wish we never hired a lawyer at this point. All she's done is charge us thousands of dollars for false hope and incorrect advice. From what I've seen in the forums, most of you who went through a lawyer feel the same way. Not to mention, whenever we contact our lawyer it's as if we are a burden to her and do nothing but bother her. 

What's really sad is that a lot of us were waiting for last months processing update with hopes that we would find that they are finally working within range of our PDs and that we would be able to file an inquiry. Now the next update is just a few days away and it still feels like we haven't gotten any closer. I've been keeping busy lately but the fact that we are past 10 months of waiting is always in the back of my mind. I'm happy for the Jan filers who have been approved recently, but seriously? Why is Nebraska skipping past all of us Nov/Dec filers and approving Jan already? I keep telling my husband that, at this point, I wouldn't even be upset if we got an RFE. At least it would mean that someone has actually touched our case and from what I've seen, people who get an RFE get an approval soon after USCIS receives their additional evidence.

It's sad that there is absolutely nothing we can do. Contacting USCIS is useless; if anything it just frustrates me even more. Our lawyer filed an inquiry but I'm sure we will get the generic "we are performing background checks" or something along those lines. So all we can do is wait and hope that October is our month. I've been saying for months that it's so hard to see the light at the end of this tunnel and the longer we wait, the worse it gets. I can't imagine how all of you, that have been waiting longer than we have, feel. I honestly hope you all get your approvals before we get ours. It's only fair that those who filed before us are approved first. 

Yes we are all waiting and waiting and the pain I have and anxiety worsens every day. 

Im over 318 dates now and just don't know why all this delay has to exist when other service centers are way ahead... 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
4 hours ago, Alexis9294 said:

I am not active on the forums but follow them all the time.

I'm at 308 days PD 12/8.  I only filed the I-130.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
45 minutes ago, Steph&Bobo said:

I am not active on the forums but follow them all the time.

I'm at 308 days PD 12/8.  I only filed the I-130.

317 days so far and still going strong

11/17/2016: Got engaged
11/28/2016: I-130 sent to Chicago IL lock box
01/12/2016: NOA1

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
1 hour ago, etrangais said:

317 days so far and still going strong

Some days are harder than others to remain strong.  At least we know many others are in our same shoes.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys just want to say don't give up do not lose focus. We must fight the good fight. “ Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.” Let's focus on a brighter tomorrow on  seeing our loved ones faces when we finally arrive to live our lives with them.  Let their faces be our driving force. One love to all.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

317 days and didn’t file I-129f.

Marriage: Oct. 22, 2016

I-130 Sent : Nov. 22, 2016

NOA1: Nov. 29, 2016 - Nebraska Service Center

NOA2: Oct. 16, 2017 - 321 days

Sent to NVC: Oct. 24, 2017

NVC received: Oct. 30, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Nov. 3, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 4, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 7, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 23, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2018

Interview date: Feb. 22, 2018

Visa Issued: Mar. 1, 2018 

POE: Mar. 10, 2018

ROC:

I-751 Sent: Dec. 30, 2019

I-751 Received: Jan. 2, 2020

Text Received - Case Accepted (MSC): Jan. 9, 2020

NOA / Extension Letter Received: Jan. 11, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: Feb. 5, 2020

Case Ready for Interview: Oct. 21, 2020

Interview date: Dec. 22, 2020 - Approved

GC Received: Dec. 31, 2020

N-400:

Form submitted online: Jan. 1, 2021

Biometrics Appointment: Aug. 19, 2021

N-400 Interview: Jan. 20, 2022

Oath Ceremony: TBD

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.