arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dianalorena you always make me laugh! I hear you on the treats. The one thing they have in the US they don't have in Canada is really great Mexican food! I'm craving some nice chips and salsa right now!

I feel for everyone who has been waiting an eternity. Conrgrats to the Jan filers who got approvals. I never heard anything back after all the letters and correspondence I sent in.

I have to wonder if the way this processing center organizes itself is they stack a bunch of files and send them home with people. Some people get processed faster depending on who they are assigned to. That's my lame theory anyway. If someone goes on sick leave or vacation I wonder if all those files just get left behind. If they work from home how do they deal with re-assigning files?

I'm really surprised there really is no recourse for this situation. I've tried the lawyer route but to be honest I think I got further doing everything myself. Unless someone has connections it's hard to get through the system. Expedites are almost impossible unless your situation is exceptional. I'm trying to hang in there and be hopeful in another month or two we will get approved.

It does give me some hope there are approvals going through for Jan. But it really is a lottery based system where there is no logic on when some people get approved and not others.

7 hours ago, jaliuana said:

just got off the phone with an IO only to hear my case hasnt even been touched yet. they also mentioned that its been averaging 12 months for just approvals. which is bogus and i didnt have the heart to argue. im just in disbelief how slow nebraska is going. this week ive just felt so drained and just losing hope. im sure most can relate. im a march filer with PO march 30th 2017 and my husbands in south korea.

They're just saying and doing whatever they want at this point. Glad you didn't argue, they would've just hung up on you. But you kind of still are within ''normal'' processing times, even for other centers. It takes them 6-7 months on average. But Nebraska is a different story. 

According to reports, they're finally working on January cases. If everything ''works out'' and they pick up the pace, they will be working on March filers around December, hopefully sooner. :( I do wish we get an approval before the year ends. My PD is February 8th, still waiting. Some people have been waiting for 10 or even more. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

7 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Dianalorena you always make me laugh! I hear you on the treats. The one thing they have in the US they don't have in Canada is really great Mexican food! I'm craving some nice chips and salsa right now!

I feel for everyone who has been waiting an eternity. Conrgrats to the Jan filers who got approvals. I never heard anything back after all the letters and correspondence I sent in.

I have to wonder if the way this processing center organizes itself is they stack a bunch of files and send them home with people. Some people get processed faster depending on who they are assigned to. That's my lame theory anyway. If someone goes on sick leave or vacation I wonder if all those files just get left behind. If they work from home how do they deal with re-assigning files?

I'm really surprised there really is no recourse for this situation. I've tried the lawyer route but to be honest I think I got further doing everything myself. Unless someone has connections it's hard to get through the system. Expedites are almost impossible unless your situation is exceptional. I'm trying to hang in there and be hopeful in another month or two we will get approved.

It does give me some hope there are approvals going through for Jan. But it really is a lottery based system where there is no logic on when some people get approved and not others.

I'm glad I get to cheer you up at least a bit!

also happy 8monthiversary, my dear. We both have been waiting for a little over 8 months now. Hurray us. I figured you'd enjoy the fact that Nebraska managed to miraculously start working on 2017 cases. Just like yourself, we decided to just wait and hope for the best at this point. We have to hear something in November.

But I am worried just as well. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, just to be left waiting over 10 months, fall down and hurt my tailbone because I'm drunk.

oh wait, @Sundee already did that! :P 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

18 minutes ago, Nakia1love said:

I’m gonna have to pass on the drinks but read these posts and think, “I want her as my best friend!”  (Pardon me if you’re male) I wonder if being in these groups in visajourney is healthy or not. It’s good for us to share with each other because we understand each other. But I tend to get obsessive. My friends and family are just waiting for a guy they’ve never met (my husband) to get to the US. But they can’t understand this heartache bc they haven’t lived it. I am tired of being alone. I left my old life behind and now I want to continue moving forward. Thank you. 

both Diana and Lorena are girl names! at least my mom thought so. Both my real names also, by the way. Broke my head thinking that one. I guess I wish USCIS reads the forums and go: wait, she seems distressed. Maaaybe we should open her folder. 

I wonder the same thing all the time. I go from thinking that Visajourney is the best thing ever (and that means all of you guys) to feeling incredibly frustrated, but it has to do with seeing people get approved months ahead of us. I wholeheartedly believe that having people that know exactly what we're going through is making me not only find a bit of peace and even humor, away from this crazy hellish process, but it also puts things in perspective. My husband and I might not have the best case scenario, but we certainly don't have the worst, either. Everyone here deserves a medal for enduring this.

Also, I'm making our BFFs bracelets as I type this. Pink, purple, blue? 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
2 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

I'm not laughing because you're still waiting, but the fact you already fell! where you drunk or was it random? I fell once but I was skating, and I was 11 not drunk :D 

do you like sweets? that's my go-to when I'm stressed, so putting on weight as we speak, of course. I can bake us some cookies, cheesecake chocolate mousse... 

I am so sorry you're stuck, it's absolutely ridiculous. If I could trade places with you so you'd get approved sooner I would. Unfortunately, we're still waiting as well!

No I wasn't drunk as really I don't drink and if I do it's a rare occasion and has to be because I'm celebrating a special day or event.. So when my husband gets approved I will toast him on cam and then when he arrives, we will celebrate our new life together.. I broke my tail bone because my big chow dog saw me outside as I was getting ready to sun bath and as I was getting ready to lay on the lounge chair my dog came running to me and knocked me down right on the cement sidewalk and omg the pain was so severe that I blacked out..

I eat sweets but not much but if you bake I will help you eat whatever you make. I have the opposite problem... I don't gain weight no matter what I eat or how much of it I eat.. I'm always complaining  abt wanting to gain weight and everyone looks at me saying I'm crazy cos I'm abt weight I should be for my height..

Yes anyday now I just want to get good news as yes it's way over due..

Timeline
1 hour ago, Dianalorena said:

I'm glad I get to cheer you up at least a bit!

also happy 8monthiversary, my dear. We both have been waiting for a little over 8 months now. Hurray us. I figured you'd enjoy the fact that Nebraska managed to miraculously start working on 2017 cases. Just like yourself, we decided to just wait and hope for the best at this point. We have to hear something in November.

But I am worried just as well. I don't want to get my hopes up too much, just to be left waiting over 10 months, fall down and hurt my tailbone because I'm drunk.

oh wait, @Sundee already did that! :P 

Yep Sundee (me) did that and ouch, it hurts.. You made me Laugh.  😝

40 minutes ago, Sundee said:

No I wasn't drunk as really I don't drink and if I do it's a rare occasion and has to be because I'm celebrating a special day or event.. So when my husband gets approved I will toast him on cam and then when he arrives, we will celebrate our new life together.. I broke my tail bone because my big chow dog saw me outside as I was getting ready to sun bath and as I was getting ready to lay on the lounge chair my dog came running to me and knocked me down right on the cement sidewalk and omg the pain was so severe that I blacked out..

I eat sweets but not much but if you bake I will help you eat whatever you make. I have the opposite problem... I don't gain weight no matter what I eat or how much of it I eat.. I'm always complaining  abt wanting to gain weight and everyone looks at me saying I'm crazy cos I'm abt weight I should be for my height..

Yes anyday now I just want to get good news as yes it's way over due..

Haha, ouch. I know that pain, It took me 6 months to comfortably sit again after my fall! Poor thing. 

Love the idea of a toast. Maybe just a bit of wine? not close to a sidewalk, of course. 

Ah, what a problem to have. 

My husband can't gain weight either, he is super skinny, and here I am, in my full latina-chubby self, stereotypically crying while eating ice cream and gaining weight just by looking at food. I envy you guys so much! When I went to Japan during the summer, my very thin Japanese host told me she wished she had my ''curves'' problem, since I was complaining that the Kimono couldn't close all the way, due to my hips. sigh. 

let's cook something savory then. I can make a great pozole, even with ingredients found in the U.S I call that a win!

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Hiyoukid said:

Got approved today. Well, actually on the 4th of this month. Website didn’t get updated how others have stated and received it through the mail. 

NOA1- 1/19/2017

NOA2- 10/04/2017

@Hiyoukid Congratulations!! 

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
17 hours ago, Hiyoukid said:

Got approved today. Well, actually on the 4th of this month. Website didn’t get updated how others have stated and received it through the mail. 

NOA1- 1/19/2017

NOA2- 10/04/2017

Congrats on your Approval, 

I saw few Jan 2- cases get RFE / Case sent to DoS 

also today i saw one Jan 23 case get approved 

still have tons pending on the cases i am tracking ,  but it seems like One of their worker took a Red bull shot or something lol , jumping ahead of other guys 

Timeline
12 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

Haha, ouch. I know that pain, It took me 6 months to comfortably sit again after my fall! Poor thing. 

Love the idea of a toast. Maybe just a bit of wine? not close to a sidewalk, of course. 

Ah, what a problem to have. 

My husband can't gain weight either, he is super skinny, and here I am, in my full latina-chubby self, stereotypically crying while eating ice cream and gaining weight just by looking at food. I envy you guys so much! When I went to Japan during the summer, my very thin Japanese host told me she wished she had my ''curves'' problem, since I was complaining that the Kimono couldn't close all the way, due to my hips. sigh. 

let's cook something savory then. I can make a great pozole, even with ingredients found in the U.S I call that a win!

I hold you to that cooking Dianalorena...

After this process I swear I hope to remain in touch with all u good people..

Have a reunion and live life.. That would be great to have a HUGE RENUNION with all of those who suffered being stuck in Nebraska hell hole aka hellbraska   Lol

Think it should happen. Make it happen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

still have tons pending on the cases i am tracking ,  but it seems like One of their worker took a Red bull shot or something lol , jumping ahead of other guys 

I can’t update my case tracker. Is there a problem with the application? I even tried to start my iPhone again without any luck. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, harsh2010 said:

I am honestly hoping that all the correspondence that me and others sent to USCIS and the Ombudsman has done something to get NSC moving. I was nervous about sending such an aggressive letter to 2 directors at USCIS but I got to the point I was willing to take the risk. It looked like no applications were getting approved for a while.

I am in disbelief that here Dianalorena and I are, 8 months later twiddling our thumbs! If it weren't for everybody in this forum I probably would've lost my mind months ago. 

A really good friend of mine asked for another really good friend of hers on how to immigrate from Canada. It's funny because I know this person very well as we all grew up together. The joke is even though she's not yet engaged or married she may very well be able to live in the US legally before me. After all, a girlfriend of a USC has more rights to be in the US than someone who has been married to a USC for almost 10 years. We were laughing about how ridiculous the immigration rules are. I must admit it's rather strange for me to give advice to people on how to get around the system. I am living proof of what happens to a young family who plays by all the rules. We got rewarded by being separated for over a year. Had I lied and cheated the system there wouldn't have been a separation at all. I did spell this out bluntly to the USCIS directors as well.

I can't imagine going through what some of you have gone through. Different time zones. Not being able to visit at all. What I find disturbing is how there is no recourse for the lack of service. Especially considering we pay these people's wages. I thought the US prided itself on not leaving people behind. But there are literally thousands of applicants being left behind in Nebraska.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Bikerbride said:

I can’t update my case tracker. Is there a problem with the application? I even tried to start my iPhone again without any luck. 

the app I have USCIS Case Status by Aries Software Studio has been working fine , 

not sure which one you have , try clearing cache of the app or something ? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.