arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 minute ago, Dianalorena said:

I'm not sure how this information is supposed to ''calm down''' those of us that have waited 8 months, or those that continue to wait after 10 months or a year. It doesn't matter if Nebraska ''figured it out now'' we are still waiting 4-6 months over other centers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad if it means they're finally doing something about it so the next quarter applicants get to receive their approvals in a timely fashion, it just doesn't change the fact that those of us who applied between November 2016 and March 2017 got screwed over. 

Well, anyone from November through May is getting screwed by the backlog.

What angers me is as of Oct 03, they've reinstated premium processing for H1-B VISAs. That means, for an extra fee, they get their application processed within 14 days. Why don't we have that option?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's great the other service centers are getting more intakes. But that still does not fix the backlog of files in Nebraska or help current processing times. It's like they've just officially written us off and think the problem will correct itself in 6 months. I noticed NSC rolled back to Dec again and my estimated date moved forward another two weeks! It's disheartening to see April filers start getting approved at other service centers. People in Potomac with the same NOA1 are booking their final interviews.

I couriered my letter to Donald Neufeld and the Xpresspost was signed for in Washington, DC mail room. I haven't heard a thing back or the main director at USCIS. USCIS Canada said it wasn't in their jurisdiction to be able to help. I also emailed the Ombudsman but other than a generic reply, I have not heard back from them.

I completely agree with Dianalorena when she said they are likely issuing a bunch of RFE's to manipulate their processing times. They really should be able to issue a RFE as soon as the processing center receives the file. You'd think there would be a triage system where someone goes through files to make sure everything is there. But then this would require someone to actually care.

We all know this service center lies all the time. So realistically if anyone confronts them they will have more lies. I hired a lawyer who tried to push my file through. NSC simply hung up on him! These workers are unionized so they know they can't be fired. Obviously too many files were sent to NSC but it doesn't appear anyone wants to transfer them to other centers. The truth is if they did we would all be looking at a further 60 days. So in reality if my file got transferred today to Potomac or if it stayed in Nebraska, I'd be looking at 10 months to complete my i130 either way. So USCIS might be saying what's the point? If they transferred people at 6 months those people would be getting approvals before me and how would that honestly be fair? 

I have a feeling they will just ride out the backlog until it normalizes again. Someone clearly dropped the ball somewhere. Overtime is rarely issued in these cases. I obviously don't agree but I've worked in government to know how fiscal policy works. The situation sucks but what can you do? It helps to know I am not alone in my frustration and wait times.

Edited by acidrain

@acidrain Exactly my point. It just seems that they couldn't fix it so the best they could come up with is to finish up the backlog that is taking them 6+ to complete and move on. No announcement, no one to explain to us what happened, not even a damn apology. Transfering our cases would just further hurt us at this point, so the only thing we can do is wait another month or two and hope for the best.

I don't even want to think about all the people that applied at the same time and are almost completely done with it. We are still worried about getting RFEs, we don't know when we'll even go through NVC or how long is going to take. My husband and I wish I'll be back in Austin before the summer because he gets really busy around that time. 

It's a hard pill to swallow, we are not really people to them. We are paperwork, an annoying backlog. Re-reading the original porpoise of the K3 and knowing that they decided to tank it instead of making an effort to have it as a viable option instead of the R1/CR1, (basically being able to spend the NVC stage with your partner inside the US, just like the K1 filers get to adjust status inside)  it further shows us that reducing the waiting period and hence the emotional or financial strain they inflict on us, is just not a priority. 

To add insult, they reinstated the premium processing like @Vincent & Alejo mentioned, which means that while we wait 8-12 months just for someone to open our cases, these people pay to get theirs processed in half a month. And they get to bring their wives or husbands with them or in a few months at most.

Then I just want to laugh thinking that everything a lot of us are doing is for a conditional, 2-year green card. That the nightmare will continue once we have to undergo the ROC phase. it almost makes me want to further wait before entering the U.S, since they're so friggin slow that once we finally reach the interview stage, my husband and I would've been married for a year and a half anyway.  Kind of like how sometimes people get approved for citizenship even before the green card arrives. You just have to laugh at this point, to avoid going crazy.

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

I'm not sure how this information is supposed to ''calm down''' those of us that have waited 8 months, or those that continue to wait after 10 months or a year. It doesn't matter if Nebraska ''figured it out now'' we are still waiting 4-6 months over other centers. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad if it means they're finally doing something about it so the next quarter applicants get to receive their approvals in a timely fashion, it just doesn't change the fact that those of us who applied between November 2016 and March 2017 got screwed over. 

I wasn't trying be insensitive. I apologize if I came off that way. Good luck with everything. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, acidrain said:

That's great the other service centers are getting more intakes. But that still does not fix the backlog of files in Nebraska or help current processing times. It's like they've just officially written us off and think the problem will correct itself in 6 months. I noticed NSC rolled back to Dec again and my estimated date moved forward another two weeks! It's disheartening to see April filers start getting approved at other service centers. People in Potomac with the same NOA1 are booking their final interviews.

I couriered my letter to Donald Neufeld and the Xpresspost was signed for in Washington, DC mail room. I haven't heard a thing back or the main director at USCIS. USCIS Canada said it wasn't in their jurisdiction to be able to help. I also emailed the Ombudsman but other than a generic reply, I have not heard back from them.

I completely agree with Dianalorena when she said they are likely issuing a bunch of RFE's to manipulate their processing times. They really should be able to issue a RFE as soon as the processing center receives the file. You'd think there would be a triage system where someone goes through files to make sure everything is there. But then this would require someone to actually care.

We all know this service center lies all the time. So realistically if anyone confronts them they will have more lies. I hired a lawyer who tried to push my file through. NSC simply hung up on him! These workers are unionized so they know they can't be fired. Obviously too many files were sent to NSC but it doesn't appear anyone wants to transfer them to other centers. The truth is if they did we would all be looking at a further 60 days. So in reality if my file got transferred today to Potomac or if it stayed in Nebraska, I'd be looking at 10 months to complete my i130 either way. So USCIS might be saying what's the point? If they transferred people at 6 months those people would be getting approvals before me and how would that honestly be fair? 

I have a feeling they will just ride out the backlog until it normalizes again. Someone clearly dropped the ball somewhere. Overtime is rarely issued in these cases. I obviously don't agree but I've worked in government to know how fiscal policy works. The situation sucks but what can you do? It helps to know I am not alone in my frustration and wait times.

At this point even if files get transferred I have a feeling we go on the bottom again. I'm not even going to waste my thinking on this anymore.. I meet Weds with politician and will see what will happen and if nothing, then life goes on without uscis..

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Has anyone been successful at having a lawyer contact Nebraska?  My lawyer says it’s out of their control. 

My husband told me tonight he feels like giving up. That broke my heart. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Nakia1love said:

Has anyone been successful at having a lawyer contact Nebraska?  My lawyer says it’s out of their control. 

Have you tried a senator / congress?  

That's what we used but it wasn't easy. We had to call them every week, they kept telling us the same thing USCIS was but eventually they came through. It''s hard I know it but you have to be the strong one in this. 

• USCIS
  • 05/23/16      Married:                    
  • Chicago      Lock-box:                   
  • 09/16/16      Sent on ---               
  • 09/19/16      Received ---   
  • 09/20/16      NOA1 notice           
  • 09/26/16      NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :      Nebraska Service Center
  • Transferred to: Potomac Service Center  02/15/17
  • 07/20/17       NOA2  
  • 07/24/17       NOA2  hardcopy 
  • NVC
  • 07/27/17       Case sent to NVC
  • 07/31/17       Case received at NVC
  • 08/03/17       Received welcome e-mail with case and invoice number
  • 08/04/17       AOS invoiced 
  • 08/04/17       Completed DS-261
  • 08/04/17       AOS paid
  • 08/11/17       Name updated to married name
  • 08/11/17       iV Invoiced
  • 08/28/17       IV fes paid
  • 09/02/17      Completed DS-260 & Received confirmation from NVC
  • 09/18/17      Sent AOS and IV package
  • 09/22/17       NVC received package 
  • 11/07/17       Case Complete
  • 11/08/17       Checklist
  • 11/15/17       Case in queue for interview date
  • 11/29/17       Call and date was given for interview
  • 12/04/17       Received confirmation for medical appointment
  • KNG CONSULATE 
  • 12/11/17       Documents en-route to Kingston consulate
  • 12/12/17       Case status shows ready for interview
  • 01/02/18       Medical
  • 01/16/18       Interview APPROVED :jest: :D
  • 01/19/18      Visa package ready to be picked up at DHL   :rolleyes:
  • 02/02/18      P.O.E Fort Lauderdale
  • 02/02/18      Jacksonville Airport
  •  
  • 3 KIDS IMMIGRATION BEGINS
  • 05/0/18      Sent on ---               
  • 05/07/18    Received ---   
  • 05/11/18    NOA1 notice           
  • 05/18/18    NOA1 hardcopy 
  • Sent to :       POTOMAC
  • 10/30/18     RFE for my 6 yr old (request evidence for his 2 marriage certificates 😡, at what age he been married twice, my husband submitted his with application which is where uscis got mixed up)
  •  11/08/18    Evidence sent
  • 11/27/18     Status changed back to "Case was received"
  • 12/17/18     Requested expedite via phone (tier 1 said we can do this based on USCIS mistake an my sons illness)
  • 01/09/19    Approval
  • 01/14/19.   USCIS tier 1 told us the kids were approved an notice was mailed
  • 01/16/19.   Hard copy NOA2
  • 01/22/19.   Updated on website "sent to NVC"
  • 01/29/19.   NVC received kids case from USCIS
  • 03/12/19.   Received welcome letter with case and invoice number
  • 03/17/19.   Paid AOS
  • 03/18/19.   Paid IV Fees
  • 03/25/19.   Son (6) approved for expedite for medical reasons but not my other kids.
  • 03/26/19.    NVC said we should email NVC expedite an tell them we need all three done at the same time as it's a financial burden to make two trips to Jamaica for interview. Which we did now the wait begins. Son case already sent to Jamaica embassy 
  • 04/01/19.   Daughters approved for expedite and sent to Jamaica (embassy) 👌
  • 04/05/19.   Received interview date for May 10, 8am. Registered their interview and emailed Andrews Hospital to schedule their appointments.
  • 04/26/19.    Medical appointment date 8am.
  • 05/10/19.    Interview 8am approved.  🎉🎊..
  • 05/11/19.    Status changed to AP
  • 05/13/19.    Status changed to ISSUED
  • 05/15/19.    2 youngest kids passport picked up by their dad
  • 05/16/19.     Eldest child passport picked up by her dad
  • 07/19/19.     P.O.E Atlanta 

• ROC
  • Texas.        Lock-Box
  • 11/23/19.    Sent I-751 / biometric fee
  • 11/26/19.    Received 
  • Sent to       Texas Service Center (SRC) 
  • 12/03/19.    Received text
  • 12/07/19.    Received 18 months extension letter
  • 12/12/19.    Case updated to case transferred to another service center now I’m awaiting letter
  • 12//19.     Received notice of transfer
  • Transferred to  National Benefits Center 
  • 01/31/20.     Biometrics Jacksonville  (had to reschedule)
  • 02/19/20.      New biometrics date in Jacksonville 
  • 04/08/20       Status changed to Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview
  • 03/22/21.     Status updated with interview date 4/20/21
  • 04/20/21.     I-751 interview at 7:45am Charleston SC Approved for 10yr GC.
  •  
  • N-400 Citizenship 
  • 03/12/21.     Applied online for citizenship wait period 6 months (September 2021) National Benefits Center 
  • 03/21/21.    Received letter of acceptance 
  • 10/28/21.     Case updated to interview scheduled
  • 10/29/21.      Status updated to case needs attention 
  • 10/29/21.      Interview at 1:15pn 12/01/21 Charleston SC
  • 11/01/21      interview descheduled
  • 11/02/21       interview rescheduled to 12/03/21 @8:45am Charleston
  • 12/03/21      I drove 3 hours for my interview only to be told my file wasn't there and I'd have to be rescheduled for another interview. they weren't sure if it would be possible before the holiday. He even said he wasn't sure why they didn't do both interviews that very day when i did removal of conditions interview.  
  • 01/07/22.     Interview rescheduled for 02/14/22 @1:30pm Charleston SC.
  • 02/14/22.      Passed my interview. Now await oath ceremony.
  • 11/02/22.      Letter mailed with oath ceremony date and time 
  • 11/08/22.      Received letter oath ceremony scheduled for 11/15/22 @9am Charleston 
  • 11/15/22.      Oath Ceremony in Charleston (finally a citizen of the USA 🇺🇸) 🥳🍾

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
2 hours ago, Nakia1love said:

My lawyer called Nebraska but the person hung up on him. Then he tried a Senator and they weren't much help either. He said I'm sorry I can't help but I will just have to wait my turn.

Unfortunately in our case all of the elected officials in my spouse's area are dealing with the massacre in Las Vegas. An immigration case such as ours is not a priority. I'm crossing my fingers in another month or two we'll get approved. It hasn't been for a lack of trying. I tried contacting the Ombudsman, 2 USCIS directors and USCIS Canada. I cc'd the Senator and filled out a form but have not heard anything back. But with all that Vegas is dealing with right now it's one of the few times I'll give that Senator the benefit of the doubt.

It sounds like anyone who applied for a K3 at the same time as the i130 are delayed a further 1-2 months.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

It is really sad to see that green card folks got approved sooner than a few Nebraska folks. Looking at the NVC processing time it looks like it will add another 4 months. Looks like it will take more than 1 year to get the interview date :( 244 and counting

On 10/2/2017 at 12:42 AM, Mrs Prestige said:

6 more cases with same 13 Dec PD as mine got approved in the past 3 days. Just 3 days to complete 300 days and one week to go for 10 months of waiting! More than feeling upset i feel very helpless ☹ :( cannot do anything to change or stop this nightmare. I'm still happy for those who did get approved and hope almighty will shower his mercy on us too sooner

6 more cases with same 13 Dec PD as mine got approved in the past 3 days. Just 3 days to complete 300 days and one week to go for 10 months of waiting! More than feeling upset i feel very helpless ☹ :( cannot do anything to change or stop this nightmare. I'm still happy for those who did get approved and hope almighty will shower his mercy on us too sooner

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline
1 hour ago, tcy said:

Hang in there, I just saw someone's post on the forum saying that their I-130 was approved (PD 11/07), they just got the letter in the mail today with no online update whatsoever. 

N400 filed - online: 10/30/2020

NOA: 11/02/2020

Bio reuse: 12/30/2020

USCIS changed to "Interview Scheduled": 06/07/2021

Interview Date: 07/14/2021 Approved!

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony will be scheduled": 07/15/2021

USCIS changed to "Oath Ceremony notice mailed": 07/20/2021

Oath Ceremony: 08/06/2021 🇺🇸

Hey guys! Our case was just approved in Nebraska on October 4th 2017 (according to my app). We had a January 11th 2017 priority date.

There is hope for all of you since Nebraska seems to be moving again. Good luck everyone!!! Hopefully you will all get good news soon!!

Edited by Se & De

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.