arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
3 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

I'm glad it might work out for you, and I really hope he can help you! 

Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't get lucky after trying e-requests, calling and Congress.  

We don't have connections, so waiting it is. 

You got it all wrong. This is regarding all of us... I'm in this for all of us.

@Etxebunti

Thank you for posting about your NOA2! I'm getting excited because it seems like cases that were filed Dec-Jan are getting approved, which means....they might be getting closer to our case! 

Much like others here, I've gone through extreme depression on this situation. I'm lucky to have such a supportive husband. We are both being patient and reminding each other that the year wait is worth the lifetime together. Best of luck to everyone in the process. Best to stay positive. 

Again, thanks for posting the progress of your case. It gets me excited and hopeful!

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

Hi Nebraskans,

I just received an email that a Request for Evidence was sent to me today. My PD date is Jan 11 so I guess if your PD is in January, the good news is they are working on it. I am anxious to get it and see what they need and how much longer this will delay the whole process. I thought I was pretty thorough and my husband and i have been married for 5 years and together for 12+ years maybe even longer. Just wanted to let everyone know. I'll keep you posted on what kind of things they ask for when I receive it. Sigh 😔

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Liz92 said:

Hi Nebraskans,

I just received an email that a Request for Evidence was sent to me today. My PD date is Jan 11 so I guess if your PD is in January, the good news is they are working on it. I am anxious to get it and see what they need and how much longer this will delay the whole process. I thought I was pretty thorough and my husband and i have been married for 5 years and together for 12+ years maybe even longer. Just wanted to let everyone know. I'll keep you posted on what kind of things they ask for when I receive it. Sigh 😔

Thank you and good luck. Keep us posted. At least you got notification. Bunch of us from Nov still waiting.. and with a Big 😔 

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Thank you and good luck. Keep us posted. At least you got notification. Bunch of us from Nov still waiting.. and with a Big 😔 

Thanks @Sundee My stomach turns for you. It's just ridiculous! Hope you hear something soon. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Liz92 said:

Thanks @Sundee My stomach turns for you. It's just ridiculous! Hope you hear something soon. 

I hope so to. I stay up tight.. This is our lives that are turned upside down. Very painful.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sundee said:

I hope so to. I stay up tight.. This is our lives that are turned upside down. Very painful.

I so agree with you because we are stuck and cannot make concrete plans with our spouses. It is ridiculous that they want additional information from some when they have drawn the process out so much. How can people who are separated for a year provide additional information when they barely can see each other because they have to save to pay bills for 2 households plus pay all the required visa fees. I doubt they really take these things into consideration. 

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

14 hours ago, Sundee said:

You got it all wrong. This is regarding all of us... I'm in this for all of us.

I know you are don't get me wrong, and it's really sweet and I appreciate it, 

unfortunately, I don't think anyone besides USCIS, can make the whole system go faster. 

Unless Nebraska magically speeds up and matches the rest of the centers that are 3-4 months ahead,

which is highly unlikely, most of us are left waiting 1-2 months more. 

@acidrain and I are not giving up, we are just taking a break and gathering the strength to keep waiting.

I do, however, hope that all of what you're doing and the fact that we're writing and trying to make this public benefits future families and hopefully, in the future, no one has to wait over 6 months like we did. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Nebraska started working on January cases, so it seems that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for us February-March filers.

Unfortunately, they've been handling a lot of RFEs. It makes me think, Are they so overworked/understaffed that they're just losing their poop and other people's poop?

I can almost bet on it. And it just makes me angrier  and further shocked, of how poorly immigration is being handled for the most part, in the U.S 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
3 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

Nebraska started working on January cases, so it seems that there's a light at the end of the tunnel for us February-March filers.

Unfortunately, they've been handling a lot of RFEs. It makes me think, Are they so overworked/understaffed that they're just losing their poop and other people's poop?

I can almost bet on it. And it just makes me angrier  and further shocked, of how poorly immigration is being handled for the most part, in the U.S 

One thing I have noticed, in the quarterly application report, that the two quarters from Trump's election to the fee increase in December, that Nebraska had more than double, almost triple, the applications submitted per quarter. Once we went into the 3rd quarter (which encompasses my PD of May 26) that applications went back to normal of about 23,000 I-130s submitted. Hopefully Nebraska is now getting through that huge increase and things will get back to normal.

1 hour ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

One thing I have noticed, in the quarterly application report, that the two quarters from Trump's election to the fee increase in December, that Nebraska had more than double, almost triple, the applications submitted per quarter. Once we went into the 3rd quarter (which encompasses my PD of May 26) that applications went back to normal of about 23,000 I-130s submitted. Hopefully Nebraska is now getting through that huge increase and things will get back to normal.

I figured as much, but what I can't understand is why they didn't divide the workload better. Even if the increase was a surprise, they should've known that it would happen but they didn't prepare for it. I'm also hoping they'll go back to normal for those that follow like yourself, and that you don't wait 10+ months like many of us because it's very difficult. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, Dianalorena said:

I figured as much, but what I can't understand is why they didn't divide the workload better. Even if the increase was a surprise, they should've known that it would happen but they didn't prepare for it. I'm also hoping they'll go back to normal for those that follow like yourself, and that you don't wait 10+ months like many of us because it's very difficult. 

I'm at month 5, day 131. I like counters that count down, not up. :-(

1 minute ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

I'm at month 5, day 131. I like counters that count down, not up. :-(

238 days and counting. Please send cookies

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

03/15/18 Case complete! 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.