arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
11 minutes ago, jpbm said:

Are you going to travel on a visiting visa? How are you guys meeting?

Canadians don't have to apply for a Visa but can show up at any crossing and ask for permission to enter. I believe it is because Canada is a part of NAFTA (North America Free Trade Agreement). Our passports get stamped B-2 if we are permitted entry.

Edited by acidrain

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, Dianalorena said:

I think that's healthy. Knowing that it is indeed out of our control, especially now that we've tried everything we could. 

After numerous calls and contacting Congress were a dead end for us, I'm feeling the same way. The only thing we can do is wait 1-2 more months and hope for the best. If those go by and we're still waiting for an approval, I'll try an inquiry/e-request again, or file for an expedite based on USCIS error. I feel all of us in Nebraska should be allowed to expedite based on USCIS error, considering it isn't our fault we get to wait 4-5 months more than the rest. That is never going to happen though. 

I'm glad you'll see your husband in a few weeks. I bet with the shooting things will be strange, and morale low, understandably. I do hope that besides that you enjoy the trip. 

I'll see mine in a month. This chunk of time is a little big : 3 and a half months, so it's been definitely tough on us. 

If anything in life at least I can say that visa journey has brought people together while feeling pain, frustrations and helplessness. Not all is lost as I'm sure some of us gained some friends through here as we have been there for one another. We've cried, we've expressed our anger and frustrations and yet we still some how are keeping strong from support of the many good people on here... 

Good luck to all of us.. Qe deserve nothing but the best because we are the best for holding up.. 

Filed: Other Timeline
20 minutes ago, Sundee said:

These people at Nebraska are full of bs

It was the USCIS rep, they don't care. They just say what they want and make up things as they go along. Tell one person one thing, another something else.  I am glad I'm done with them. 

Still no word on your case? 

Timeline
Just now, August97 said:

It was the USCIS rep, they don't care. They just say what they want and make up things as they go along. Tell one person one thing, another something else.  I am glad I'm done with them. 

Still no word on your case? 

No I'm still waiting and waiting. I've written letters, I've complained and it seems such a uncaring world when it comes to immigration. They talk abt illegal immigration but what abt us doing legal immigration by the book.. If I would have known it's hard to get my husband here we would have not married and then filed for fiancé instead.. Who know the outcome of doing it that way either.. Just real frustrated over all this..

7 minutes ago, Sundee said:

No I'm still waiting and waiting. I've written letters, I've complained and it seems such a uncaring world when it comes to immigration. They talk abt illegal immigration but what abt us doing legal immigration by the book.. If I would have known it's hard to get my husband here we would have not married and then filed for fiancé instead.. Who know the outcome of doing it that way either.. Just real frustrated over all this..

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you hear something soon. Have you spoken to a tier 2 representative? 

I felt very frustrated too then one day I was finally approved. However, the stress of not knowing took a toll on me health wise. I can just say don't give up, the day will come. I know that probably doesn't offer much comfort to you right now but, it will happen. I know it's hard but try to remain positive. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

I just called USCIS and after the rep was done with his script, he informed me his system was down and he can't check on my case. Lol at this point I am just laughing... hahahahahahah

Timeline
1 hour ago, August97 said:

I'm sorry you are going through this. I hope you hear something soon. Have you spoken to a tier 2 representative? 

I felt very frustrated too then one day I was finally approved. However, the stress of not knowing took a toll on me health wise. I can just say don't give up, the day will come. I know that probably doesn't offer much comfort to you right now but, it will happen. I know it's hard but try to remain positive. 

Thank you for your kind words. Much appreciated...

Timeline
2 hours ago, acidrain said:

@DianalorenaI have really appreciated all of our correspondence with each other. I feel like I KNOW YOU!! I feel like there aren't too many people I can share my experience with or who would even care. At least we both know we have tried everything we can to be reunited with our spouses. At this point I'm not sure if rocking the boat any further is going to help. It was encouraging to see a few files get approved today. We should start a pool over who is going to get approved first (like a sports pool). I will say I'll be genuinely happy for you when you get approved even if it's before me. We have all been waiting too long.

I never thought about filing for an expedite if my file has not been processed after the USCIS processing date. That's a really great idea. I also think at that point a political office can better intervene. I have faith everything is going to alright. We just might have to give it another month or two. I know I should feel lucky because so far the border has let me through to visit my spouse. I am glad you are able to see your spouse in another month.

This whole experience has been so bizarre. First with Trump's travel ban and attempting to cross the border the day after. To the shootings and how I'm stuck in Canada while my spouse is down in Vegas. Then there of course is Nebraska. How the heck did all of us get stuck at this place? It's certainly tested our patience and our relationships. When they send the NOA2 letter it should be on gold paper and with some nice stickers. I have a feeling if there is some sort of customer satisfaction survey after all this they will not be asking us lol.

acidrain & Dianalorena,

Dont give up. I received email back today from some locals here in my city. 

Sundee, 
I understand how frustrating it must be to deal with this immigration situation.  

Could we get together sometime soon.  If you can bring me any paperwork or correspondence and chat with me more in detail about your situation, I can help.
You expressed many others are in similar situations, so let's see what I can do.

Let me know some times that work next week.

Best,

Josiah

Timeline
1 hour ago, August97 said:

How did you request cor an expedite?

Timeline
19 minutes ago, HoustonCPA1989 said:

I just called USCIS and after the rep was done with his script, he informed me his system was down and he can't check on my case. Lol at this point I am just laughing... hahahahahahah

Figures. They are so full of it

14 minutes ago, jpbm said:

How did you request cor an expedite?

When my case reached NVC, I sent an email to NVCExpedite@state.gov. My case was expedited for medical reasons and I provided proof but, I know of others who provided none and were granted. However, these were also cases with the embassy in the Dominican Republic. I am not sure how it works with other embassies and if they are strict and require proof or not. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
23 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Figures. They are so full of it

I called 2 minutes after that and the system was magically up... #comedy

Honestly, I'm just distracting myself from the process by working and traveling. 

at this point, there isn't much we can do, but wait until we hit 9-10 months and try again.

It is laughable. I've dealt with a lot of emotions, but even if it is unfair that we get to wait

5-6 months more than others. They simply don't care. I'm still writing an article,

It's just not a priority right now and the country is mourning, understandably. 

Eventually, I want people to see this side of immigration they don't  talk about.

All efforts are dedicated to stopping illegal immigration, but what about us?

If more people knew what we went through, they'd understand it more, I believe. 

Or at least it would raise enough attention that USCIS would be forced to do something. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
19 minutes ago, Dianalorena said:

Honestly, I'm just distracting myself from the process by working and traveling. 

at this point, there isn't much we can do, but wait until we hit 9-10 months and try again.

It is laughable. I've dealt with a lot of emotions, but even if it is unfair that we get to wait

5-6 months more than others. They simply don't care. I'm still writing an article,

It's just not a priority right now and the country is mourning, understandably. 

Eventually, I want people to see this side of immigration they don't  talk about.

All efforts are dedicated to stopping illegal immigration, but what about us?

If more people knew what we went through, they'd understand it more, I believe. 

Or at least it would raise enough attention that USCIS would be forced to do something. 

Don't give up. One of my city  locals who is out and all over the political field emailed me today informing me to bring all I have regarding immigration and Nebraska Service Center and he will assist.

Im sure he knows many other people high up the pole so I think I struck a gold mine... 

2 minutes ago, Sundee said:

Don't give up. One of my city  locals who is out and all over the political field emailed me today informing me to bring all I have regarding immigration and Nebraska Service Center and he will assist.

Im sure he knows many other people high up the pole so I think I struck a gold mine... 

I'm glad it might work out for you, and I really hope he can help you! 

Unfortunately, my husband and I didn't get lucky after trying e-requests, calling and Congress.  

We don't have connections, so waiting it is. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.