arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

On 10/2/2017 at 12:42 AM, Mrs Prestige said:

Yes i found out the apps are working now.Thanks. I can imagine how u feel seeing people who file almost the same time as u got approved.U going to get approve this week.

Yes exactly!! :( I'm hoping for the same...

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

My son has filed for me and my husband. Pd 2nd June 2017 Nebraska sc. My question is are ir5 visa processed in the same time as ir1 cr1? Should we expect the same  9-10 month wait for our noa2? Tia

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thank you to Sundee, Dianalorena, and others who responded to my message yesterday. Unfortunately I have nothing to share about the Nebraska office. With the mass shooting in Vegas which is where my spouse lives all of the political offices have a lot to deal with right now. I am not even going to bother following up on this issue. I heard back from USCIS Canada but they said the Nebraska office was out of their jurisdiction. I never heard back from the Ombudsman or the 2 USCIS directors I emailed and sent actual letters to. I am sorry. I honestly put out an effort but haven't gotten anywhere. Thank you to everyone who tried.

At this point I've resigned myself to the fact everything is out of my control. It will be 8 months at the end of the week for us. I know we will more than likely get approved within the next 1-2 months. I have a trip scheduled to visit my spouse in a few weeks. I am going to focus on that.

I wish everyone luck who want to continue seeing if they can speed up Nebraska.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
11 minutes ago, acidrain said:

Thank you to Sundee, Dianalorena, and others who responded to my message yesterday. Unfortunately I have nothing to share about the Nebraska office. With the mass shooting in Vegas which is where my spouse lives all of the political offices have a lot to deal with right now. I am not even going to bother following up on this issue. I heard back from USCIS Canada but they said the Nebraska office was out of their jurisdiction. I never heard back from the Ombudsman or the 2 USCIS directors I emailed and sent actual letters to. I am sorry. I honestly put out an effort but haven't gotten anywhere. Thank you to everyone who tried.

At this point I've resigned myself to the fact everything is out of my control. It will be 8 months at the end of the week for us. I know we will more than likely get approved within the next 1-2 months. I have a trip scheduled to visit my spouse in a few weeks. I am going to focus on that.

Are you going to Las Vegas? My spouse and I are going to Las Vegas in November. He's flying from Colombia here to Orlando on Nov 4th then we're off to Vegas on Nov 6th for a week.

Timeline
Just now, Vincent & Alejo said:

Are you going to Las Vegas? My spouse and I are going to Las Vegas in November. He's flying from Colombia here to Orlando on Nov 4th then we're off to Vegas on Nov 6th for a week.

We sure are. It's going to be pretty sad to visit after what happened. I will be back in Canada before the end of Oct otherwise I'd say let's meet up. I also have to get through the border which is always a dog and pony show. Enjoy your time together!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, acidrain said:

We sure are. It's going to be pretty sad to visit after what happened. I will be back in Canada before the end of Oct otherwise I'd say let's meet up. I also have to get through the border which is always a dog and pony show. Enjoy your time together!

Have you ever seen the show Border Security? On Netflix, they have a Canadian, US, and Australian Version (Australia is by far the best). It's filmed at the Port of Entries and is quite interesting.

I hope my spouse doesn't have any issues entering at Fort Lauderdale in November. He's bringing his NOA1 and a letter from his boss that states his anticipated return to work date.

17 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I think that's healthy. Knowing that it is indeed out of our control, especially now that we've tried everything we could. 

After numerous calls and contacting Congress were a dead end for us, I'm feeling the same way. The only thing we can do is wait 1-2 more months and hope for the best. If those go by and we're still waiting for an approval, I'll try an inquiry/e-request again, or file for an expedite based on USCIS error. I feel all of us in Nebraska should be allowed to expedite based on USCIS error, considering it isn't our fault we get to wait 4-5 months more than the rest. That is never going to happen though. 

I'm glad you'll see your husband in a few weeks. I bet with the shooting things will be strange, and morale low, understandably. I do hope that besides that you enjoy the trip. 

I'll see mine in a month. This chunk of time is a little big : 3 and a half months, so it's been definitely tough on us. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Timeline
21 minutes ago, Vincent & Alejo said:

Have you ever seen the show Border Security? On Netflix, they have a Canadian, US, and Australian Version (Australia is by far the best). It's filmed at the Port of Entries and is quite interesting.

I hope my spouse doesn't have any issues entering at Fort Lauderdale in November. He's bringing his NOA1 and a letter from his boss that states his anticipated return to work date.

I watch Border Security all the time. As I fly through YVR sometimes I half expect to be filmed for the US show since my case is unusual. I think they stopped filming in Canada because some guy complained his rights were violated. There is a lot of good information for people in our circumstances. It shows the point of view from the border officials so I adjusted my approach after I traveled with my section 212.

I am sure your spouse won't have any issues. There isn't too many cases where people have been denied entry. Make sure to bring any immigration paperwork, correspondence with a lawyer if you have that, the letters you sent USCIS, even a print out with where your case is at. Both times they wanted proof I was doing things legally. Ties to his home country are equally important. A letter from his employer, future appointment dates, plans with friends and family all show a reason to go back home. Think if this were Judge Judy how would you prove to her you were going home? The first time I crossed the officer went through everything (took at least a half hour). The second time the officer was more interested in what classes I was taking. If your spouse has already traveled during the process it will come up on their screen. After my first time showing I flew back they were not as skeptical as the first time. Based on my experience the first customs officers won't put someone in secondary unless they have to. Both times the people I got wanted to let me through but couldn't because of my section 212. They both actually felt pretty bad for me/my son and seemed like good guys.

Some tips if he gets questioned: keep answers short - I rambled the first time and almost got myself in a hole when I started going on about applying for an i130 in the past - it prompted the officer to ask why I didn't complete the process, be friendly and respectful - I can't believe how many people are rude when they are stressed out, don't appear desperate to get into the country - the more desperate someone looks the more likely the officer is going to question intent, be truthful - even if it means the answer is not ideal - I am on a month to month lease which both officers groaned at but I think because I was truthful they were more inclined to believe my story, always prepare yourself for the off chance you might get turned away - I am a control freak by nature so I know by taking this approach I'm not coming across as threatening. I am sure your spouse will get through without any problems.

Timeline

@DianalorenaI have really appreciated all of our correspondence with each other. I feel like I KNOW YOU!! I feel like there aren't too many people I can share my experience with or who would even care. At least we both know we have tried everything we can to be reunited with our spouses. At this point I'm not sure if rocking the boat any further is going to help. It was encouraging to see a few files get approved today. We should start a pool over who is going to get approved first (like a sports pool). I will say I'll be genuinely happy for you when you get approved even if it's before me. We have all been waiting too long.

I never thought about filing for an expedite if my file has not been processed after the USCIS processing date. That's a really great idea. I also think at that point a political office can better intervene. I have faith everything is going to alright. We just might have to give it another month or two. I know I should feel lucky because so far the border has let me through to visit my spouse. I am glad you are able to see your spouse in another month.

This whole experience has been so bizarre. First with Trump's travel ban and attempting to cross the border the day after. To the shootings and how I'm stuck in Canada while my spouse is down in Vegas. Then there of course is Nebraska. How the heck did all of us get stuck at this place? It's certainly tested our patience and our relationships. When they send the NOA2 letter it should be on gold paper and with some nice stickers. I have a feeling if there is some sort of customer satisfaction survey after all this they will not be asking us lol.

Timeline
1 hour ago, acidrain said:

Are you going to travel on a visiting visa? How are you guys meeting?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
On 8/12/2017 at 6:15 PM, August97 said:

No he specifically said limited. Even went as far as to say your spouse if from Dominican Republic he has a better chance of getting a visa than someone from the Philippines because we have an agreement with that country, we don't have one with the Philippines. I knew it didn't sound right. The tier 2 rep I spoke with asked me did I have one of the case numbers so he can see why their case may have been approved in such a short amount of time. I said of course I don't. He asked well how did you hear about it, I said the online visa support group I belong to. He laughed out loud and says well you know the saying if it came from the internet it's very likely it's untrue. I said no, we share information with one another and most people from there have a shorter wait. he just said well without a case number I can't look into it, if you call back with one we can check <_<

These people at Nebraska are full of bs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.