arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
16 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

I'll join in and contact as many people as possible. Maybe we can add the e-mails we find in here, encourage other Nebraska filers from November to March to do the same. it might not do anything, but we sure as hell are not going to keep sitting down without doing anything!

@acidrain I've been thinking the same, how worrisome it is that they just keep increasing the waiting time over other centers without addressing it, without transferring cases or hiring new people, as it is just normal to them to assume we will wait 4-5 months extra compared to other centers, without saying a word. First I hoped they were working on the backlog from November, but that would mean that they should've  picked up some speed by now, but no. 

Also, why would they decide to approve a March case when pressured by a congressman, over all the cases still pending since friggin November (not saying they didn't deserve the approval,  I'm glad contacting congress worked for them,  just stating how random that is) we all paid the same fees and send the same paperwork, we understand the concept of waiting for our turn and I respect it, but when we see how we are being left behind and Potomac is about to start April! then it's certainly not okay. 

@EDurevic My priority date is February 8th, and when we sent the e-request a few days ago they told us ''we are still in normal processing times'' yeah they don't seem normal

We certainly got the short stick of service centers. 

I took it upon myself to email Mr Neufeld. Today marks 9 months of me waiting in limbo and uncertainty and unable to make any plans with a definite timeline for our married futures. We cannot just be stuck with no updates nothing just the same song and dance lies and repeating what is on website which we all already know. Lets see if atleast there will be a response. We all should be emailing him directly so he can see how many of us are in limbo.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

1 minute ago, acidrain said:

I have the same PD as you Dianalorena (Feb 8) and the situation has gotten completely out of hand. I think if enough correspondence is sent to USCIS they will do something. I noticed this strategy has worked in the past. I'm giving USCIS until mid Oct to respond. Then I will be sending my letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that oversees Immigration and Border Security. I refuse to sit quietly anymore. My family has already spent tens of thousands waiting this process out. I realize there are still a few people from other service centers that are waiting for their NOA2. However, the vast majority with a PD before Feb 8 have overwhelmingly been approved. Had any of us been sent to Vermont, Potomac or Texas our applications would already be done. There is something deeply flawed with a system that approves i130's at one service center in 5 months and 10 months in another.

These were the two people I contacted at USCIS:
1) Donald Neufeld - Associate Director, Service Center Operations Directorate
Email: Donald.W.Neufeld@uscis.dhs.gov
2) James McCament - Deputy Associate Director, Service Center Operations
UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave
Washington, DC 20529-2140

I will certainly join you. I'll forward the information to my husband. We were also thinking to wait for October and then send more letters, call again. 

Like you said, it really is something else that we're forced to wait twice as long, just because we are unfortunate enough to be at the wrong service center. It feels like a coin toss: heads, you get to your husband faster and tails, you lose and get stuck in Nebraska. It's so arbitrary and infuriating. The thought of people still waiting since November makes me want to cry,  I want them to be approved right now, they deserve it. 

🇲🇽  & 🇺🇸

➺ 01/07/17 Got married in Cozumel

➺ 02/04/17 Petition mailed 

➺ 02/08/17 Case Assigned to USCIS Nebraska, sigh. 

➺ 02/13/17 We got our NOA1! PD: February 8th 

➺ 12/15/17 NOA2 finally! after 10 1/2 months. 

➺ 12/21/17 NVC confirmed they received our file 

➺ 01/22/18 Documents sent to Rapidvisa 

➺ 02/05/18  NVC received our package 

03/15/18 Case complete! 

06/27/18  We got our Interview date! August 28th 

08/30/18 The package arrived (waited at Juarez)

08/31/18 Entered the U.S with my husband 

➺ 02/13/19 Husband confesses he cheated, leaves

➺ 02/16/19 Husband decides to abandon the marriage

➺ 05/13/19  I am officially divorced. 

➺ 07/03/20  I file to remove conditions on my own     

➺ 08/13/21 I finally get my biometrics appointment 

➺ 02/26/22 I got my interview assigned: March 31st. 

💜Owner of Miss Lore Tattoos 💜

www.missloretattoos.com   Instagram.com/missloretattoos 

Tough times never last, but tough people do. 

200w.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just emailed Mr. Neufeld after sending a letter via Xpress Post to USCIS headquarters. The more messages USCIS receives about Nebraska the better chance they will fix the problem. Thank you Longingfor for emailing this morning too. When I worked for the Government often things would not change because nobody complained. I noticed back in 2013 when people wrote into USCIS they corrected the problem. Ironically it was a problem with processing times with the NSC.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, acidrain said:

I just emailed Mr. Neufeld after sending a letter via Xpress Post to USCIS headquarters. The more messages USCIS receives about Nebraska the better chance they will fix the problem. Thank you Longingfor for emailing this morning too. When I worked for the Government often things would not change because nobody complained. I noticed back in 2013 when people wrote into USCIS they corrected the problem. Ironically it was a problem with processing times with the NSC.

Wow so this is the norm for Nebraska. Do as they please. Screw the persons involved. I too work for government and it is the same. The processes would remain until they started getting complaints.

I plan to forward the same email everyday until i get a response. That is how serious i am about annoying them into making a decision. His inbox will be overflowing.

I am at my breaking point in fact, I broke last night when i realized that today would be 9 months since they received petition. And to make matters worst my case should have been sent to Texas as my spouse resides in Texas.

Visa - CR1

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

No ROC interview

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Guys I am in TX and I am the one petitioning for my hubby. I also got sent to NSC. It's been since Jan 31 since they received my I-130 for my spouse. I will email him too directly. What are you guys mentioning in the emails? Just so all our tones and complaints look how desperate we are together.

thanks 😳

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
1 hour ago, acidrain said:

I have the same PD as you Dianalorena (Feb 8) and the situation has gotten completely out of hand. I think if enough correspondence is sent to USCIS they will do something. I noticed this strategy has worked in the past. I'm giving USCIS until mid Oct to respond. Then I will be sending my letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that oversees Immigration and Border Security. I refuse to sit quietly anymore. My family has already spent tens of thousands waiting this process out. I realize there are still a few people from other service centers that are waiting for their NOA2. However, the vast majority with a PD before Feb 8 have overwhelmingly been approved. Had any of us been sent to Vermont, Potomac or Texas our applications would already be done. There is something deeply flawed with a system that approves i130's at one service center in 5 months and 10 months in another.

These were the two people I contacted at USCIS:
UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave

Acidrain, thank you very much for the info on who to write. I'm not sitting back anymore either as the saying goes, you want something done, fight for it. God bless you for sharing this very good information... Sundee

Timeline
2 hours ago, Dianalorena said:

I will certainly join you. I'll forward the information to my husband. We were also thinking to wait for October and then send more letters, call again. 

Like you said, it really is something else that we're forced to wait twice as long, just because we are unfortunate enough to be at the wrong service center. It feels like a coin toss: heads, you get to your husband faster and tails, you lose and get stuck in Nebraska. It's so arbitrary and infuriating. The thought of people still waiting since November makes me want to cry,  I want them to be approved right now, they deserve it. 

Thank you Dianalorena. Yes us Nov filers really need approved like right now. I submitted an inquiry so will also write and email the 2 persons that acidrain gave info abt... Thanks to both of you.. People must stand up for their rights...

Timeline

@Longingfor you made me laugh hysterically this morning with your comment about making Mr. Neufeld's inbox overflowing. I have worked in so many organizations where higher ups will often look at people like us as a nuisance. It also motives them to solve the problem to get rid of us. I picture one of my supervisors when I worked at the Government rolling his eyes and saying out loud "not him again". I'd be surprised if they just ignore all these messages especially as more come in.

@PPS78 I talked about my own specific case in what all this waiting has done to us. I talked about how it is unfair it is that an i130 gets processed at Potomac in 5 months and at Nebraska in 10 months. I said that extra 5 months has been brutal not just on my finances but on my marriage. I pointed out that if I was at any other processing center aside from Nebraska my petition would be approved by now. I realize there are a few exceptions but if you look at the timeline for other centers they are 2-3 months ahead.

@Sundee thank you for your kind words. I believe if we say something it will make a difference. The situation is so bad in something needs to be done. You look at the Jan thread and the only people left talking are people who got Nebraska. What concerns me the most is how long NSC is taking. In 3 months they have barely processed 1 month worth of applications. My estimated completion date went from Sept to Nov. By the time we reach Nov I could easily see it moving to Jan if nothing is done.

When I looked through hundreds of past threads I actually cannot find a time when i130's took longer than 9 months. I also cannot find a time where 3 processing centers were more than 2-3 months ahead of another one. I did pose the question to USCIS in asking whether this change is politically motivated or an oversight by USCIS.

Edited by acidrain

Timeline
4 minutes ago, acidrain said:

@Longingfor you made me laugh hysterically this morning with your comment about making Mr. Neufeld's inbox overflowing. I have worked in so many organizations where higher ups will often look at people like us as a nuisance. It also motives them to solve the problem to get rid of us. I picture one of my supervisors when I worked at the Government rolling his eyes and saying out loud "not him again". I'd be surprised if they just ignore all these messages especially as more come in.

@PPS78 I talked about my own specific case in what all this waiting has done to us. I talked about how it is unfair it is that an i130 gets processed at Potomac in 5 months and at Nebraska in 10 months. I said that extra 5 months has been brutal not just on my finances but on my marriage. I pointed out that if I was at any other processing center aside from Nebraska my petition would be approved by now. I realize there are a few exceptions but if you look at the timeline for other centers they are 2-3 months ahead.

@Sundee thank you for your kind words. I believe if we say something it will make a difference. The situation is so bad in something needs to be done. You look at the Jan thread and the only people left talking about their NOA2 are people who got Nebraska. What concerns me the most is how long NSC is taking. In 3 months they have barely processed 1 month worth of applications. My estimated completion date went from Sept to Nov. By the time we reach Nov I could easily see it moving to Jan if nothing is done.

When I looked through hundreds of past threads I actually cannot find a time when i130's took longer than 9 months. I also cannot find a time where 3 processing centers were more than 2-3 months ahead of another one. I did pose the question to USCIS in asking whether this change is politically motivated or an oversight by USCIS.

All I can say is we have the right to express our concerns and make our voices heard rather it be through letters, emails and or phone calls. There is absolutely a problem with Nebraska and sitting back complaining does nothing and will never achieve anything... 

I truly admire your ####### acidrain and again, thank you for the valuable info on who to contact. Maybe they will get enough complaints and say hey, " We must act on this issue".   Pray so 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Sundee said:

All I can say is we have the right to express our concerns and make our voices heard rather it be through letters, emails and or phone calls. There is absolutely a problem with Nebraska and sitting back complaining does nothing and will never achieve anything... 

I truly admire your ####### acidrain and again, thank you for the valuable info on who to contact. Maybe they will get enough complaints and say hey, " We must act on this issue".   Pray so 

Pls say my phone didn't type some ugly word and I didn't check it before submitting 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, Sundee said:

Pls say my phone didn't type some ugly word and I didn't check it before submitting 

it wasn't you Sundee lol, I saw it before it was deleted....

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, acidrain said:

Sadly enough we never had someone who really wanted to throw the whole immigration process down the drain before.

Usually the delay is after the interview. Now with the delay of just getting the I-130 approved makes me worry how long after the interview will be:(

Married: 09/01/02016

I-130 sent: 11/21/2016

NOA1 received: 11/25/2016

NOA1 hard copy: 11/30/2016

NOA2 hard copy: 09/21/2017

NVC received: 10/01/2017

DS-261 completed: 10/06/2017

AOS paid: 10/11/2017

IV fee paid: 10/20/2017

DS-260 completed: 10/25/2017

AOS/IV mailed: 10/26/2017

AOS/IV received: 10/31/2017

CC12/06/2017

Interview: 02/20/2018   AP:(

2nd Interview: 02/25/2019 (It was a STOKES!! I think I surprised them because I all ready had a trip planned over there to see him!!!)

Visa in hand! 08/12/2019

Arrived in US: 10/10/2019

10 year green card: 11/08/2019

Timeline

This is why we need to rise up and send out emails. Tomorrow i will be attaching this to the emails.

Capture+_2017-09-26-16-02-37.png

Visa - CR1

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

No ROC interview

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Timeline

I just wanted to keep the momentum going. I was able to find James McCament's email address.

These were the two contacts at USCIS you can contact:

Email: james.w.mccament@uscis.dhs.gov

UCSIS Headquarters
111 Massachusetts Ave

Donald Neufeld bio

Donald Neufeld is the associate director for Service Center Operations. In his current role, Neufeld oversees all activities at the five USCIS service centers located in Dallas, Texas (Texas Service Center); Laguna Nigel, California (California Service Center); Lincoln, Nebraska (Nebraska Service Center); Burlington, Vermont  (Vermont Service Center); and Arlington, Virginia (Potomac Service Center).

James McCament bio

James McCament began serving as the permanent deputy director of USCIS on March 31. Until the nomination and Senate confirmation of our next USCIS director, McCament will also serve as acting director of USCIS.  Since August 2015, McCament has served in the capacity of deputy associate director, Service Center Operations, overseeing the work of the five USCIS service centers in their processing of more than four million applications annually.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.