arsalk

ALL Nebraska I-130 Filers - 2

2,982 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Binna Binna said:

@jakelakeou, if I understand your question correctly, you are asking why should the beneficially (living outside the US) be the one sending the documents to either USCIS or NVC. The simple answer to that is, there is no requirement from either USCIS nor NVC on who should send the documents. They just need you or your petitioner or even your lawyer to send the required documents. It doesn’t matter who sends it as long as it is sent via the right process using the proper medium.

But then if you live in Haiti and your civil plus other documents are in Haiti, you still need to send them to your petitioner living in the US anyways before they can then send them to USCIS/NVC right? J

It does not matter who sends them. Yes, the beneficiary would still need to send required documents to the petitioner, if that is the person sending the paperwork.

I am the petitioner and I live in the US. Haiti's documents are in French and I have my wife scan them to me so I can send to USCIS/NVC. My wife is not too proficient in English yet. There's also internet connection issues and so I have to call her when I need certain documents scanned.

I guess that if the beneficiary is in an English-speaking country, it's easier to understand the language. Many beneficiaries are from non-English speaking countries and may have a hard time understanding English.

I think that I mistakenly thought that you guys as beneficiaries were sending the documents directly to USCIS.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Bahamas
Timeline
32 minutes ago, Binna Binna said:

@jakelakeou, if I understand your question correctly, you are asking why should the beneficially (living outside the US) be the one sending the documents to either USCIS or NVC. The simple answer to that is, there is no requirement from either USCIS nor NVC on who should send the documents. They just need you or your petitioner or even your lawyer to send the required documents. It doesn’t matter who sends it as long as it is sent via the right process using the proper medium.

But then if you live in Haiti and your civil plus other documents are in Haiti, you still need to send them to your petitioner living in the US anyways before they can then send them to USCIS/NVC right? J

Exactly it really don't matter who sent it.no one is worry about that part, everyone want to hurry get done and have there love one beside them.

It not that serious to worry about why this and that blah. 

Timeline
1 hour ago, Longingfor said:

I know it is not a requirement but i did it none the same. Its a personal choice. Seeing i had copies of everything and the originals when i went to get othet documents certified i did it for all. I do have copies of documents not certified. As said before its a personal choice. 

I forgot to add the police record to my previous list. Here in Jamaica a police record can be obtained within a day once the express fee is paid hence why i have not gotten one as yet and also because they are only valid for 6 months unlike other countries that is valid for a year.

I don't blame you to sent what they ask for and didn't ask for because at the end of the day you sent everything in and you will not need any RFE.

I we did filed on our own trust me I would have done the same thing and whatever they don't need they can put that on the side or return it back to me simple.  people may say that taking up too much time for USCIS to be going though them but again that their job they getting pay for it.

so it is what it is.

send everything that way you will not get RFE.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jhonny said:

Why this? Why Certify a copy of the biometric Passport? Is not required to certify this!

she don't want to get RFE....it's a reason.... people who from the country knows why they have to sent extra

Edited by nyokie

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
On 9/1/2017 at 6:50 PM, bookman said:

Hi guys, I got the RFE letter today... my guess was wrong! Letter reads, The birth certificate submitted on  behalf of so n so shows that the birth was registered on July 10, 2008, +|_ 18yrs after the actual event occurred. The documents submitted as evidence reliability and weight, alone, upon which to grant a visa petition. Therefore u most submit additional documentary evidence.

Submit the oldest available evidence that established that so n so is the mother of bookman..

this evidence may include, but not limited to 

Religious documents, early sch records, medical records, census record..

if not of the above secondary evidence is available, u must first establish that such evidence is not available.. after doing so, tertiary evidence, such as affidavits, may be submitted.

instructions for DNA testing..

submission of DNA is voluntary..

guys I need ur input.. 

@bookman I am sorry to to see you got RFE, are you able to get better clarification on how to go about it? Unfortunately, I don't have any input for you on how to handle it. Perhaps, you could post this to other forums in VJ, maybe someone out there may have gone through similar RFE and would be able to provide you with info on how to manage this.

Remember, you are almost there and the sooner you send the documents requested in the RFE, the sooner you get your approval and on to the the next stage. Good luck!

...do good and good will be done onto you...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
2 minutes ago, nyokie said:

she don't want to get RFE....it's a reason.... people who from the country knows why they have to sent extra

Well, everybody has their own reasons! I wonder why? Sets me curious.?

February 2016: We met in our jobs.

May 31 2016: We became a couple. :dancing:

August 16 2016: Engaged.

October 20 2016: ¡OUR WEDDING! Wooohooooo !!!!:dancing::dancing::dancing::wub:  :wub: :wub: 

CR-1 Visa Journey ... Service Center: Nebraska. Embassy: Bogotá , Colombia.

(I - 130 USCIS stage) :

Monday, August 21 2017 (Day 1) :  I - 130 sent. 

Monday, August 28 2017 (Day 7) : NOA(Received via e-mail and SMS).  :dance:

Tuesday, September 05 2017 (Day 15) NOA(hard copy I-797 received thru post mail) (PD Aug 24 2017).

Tuesday, March 13 2018 (Day 201) : USCIS issues RFE to our case . (Case opended at least) .:dance: 

Saturday, March 17 2018 (Day 205) : USCIS RFE  arrived via post mail.

Monday, March 19 2018 (Day 207) : USCIS RFE ´s answer was sent via post mail to NSC .

Thursday, March 22 2018 (Day 210) : Online Case Status changed to RFE´s answer was received .

Monday, April 2 2018 (Day 221) : ¡Approved! Online Case Status now shows Case was sent to Department of State.:dance::dancing:

(NVC Stage) :

Wednesday, April 4 2018 (Day 223) : Case Received.

Tuesday, June 5 2018 (Day 285): Case Number assigned, welcome letter received,invoice number received, DS261 filed.

Thursday, June 7 2018 (Day 287): AOS fee paid, waiting IV package fee to be unlocked to pay it.   

Thursday, June 14 2018 (Day 294): DS-261 checked and received letter, IV package fee now unlocked. 

Friday, June 15 2018 (Day 295) : IV fee paid, waiting DS-260 to be unlocked to fill it online. 

Monday, June 18 2018 (Day 298) : Full Package sent to NVC via post mail

Tuesday, June 19 2018 (Day 299): DS-260 unlocked to fill it online.

Wednesday, June 20 2018 (Day 300): DS-260 filled online.

Thursday, June 21 2018 (Day 301): Scan Date.

Monday, July 2 2018 (Day 312):  Case Completed and ready for an Interview.

Friday, July 13 2018 (Day 323): Interview Letter Received.:dancing::dance:

Monday, July 23 2018 (Day 333): Case Left NVC.

(U.S Colombian Embassy Stage) :

Monday, August 6 2018 (Day 347): Blood Test and chest X rays. (Done)

Wednesday, August 8 2018 (Day 349): Medical Exam. (Done)

Wednesday, August 15 2018 (Day 356): Biometrics in the Solicitant Atention Center. (Done)

Wednesday, August 22 2018 (Day 363): Interview... Approved! :dancing::dance:

Wednesday, September 19 2018 (Day 393): P.O.E thru Miami International Airport!!! :dancing::dance:

... "Nobody said it was easy" ... Coldplay: The Scientist Single.

Timeline
22 hours ago, Longingfor said:

I got copies of mine and hubby birth certificates all certified

Certified copy of marriage certificate

I certified a copy of hubby bio metric page of passport

I also got a copy of his naturalization certificate certified

Hubby W2

I also have boarding passes and pics hubby comes often and i visit every couple months.

I have also completed affidavit of support using i-864z just to ensure no errors. Will type it out and have hubby sign once we get approved. 

Not sure if i missed anything else. Oh if you or spouse have been divorced get the divorce decree.

I also read the nvc guide as well. Hope i covered it all. But above is whatni have prepared ahead of time.

Maybe that is why I asked the question about the beneficiary doing all the work. If you are the beneficiary, then thy are you the one certifying his information? I can understand if you are certifying your own information but he should be certifying his own.

Why isn't your husband doing the I-864 himself and then signing it? These are things that he can fill out online and then print out and sign. Then he can make copies to give to you when he visits, in case they are asked for at the interview.

Timeline

I submitted my petition on November 18, 2016 and was approved on June 23, 2017. While waiting for approval for USCIS and since I would need to send tax information for 2016 at the next step and since I wanted to file married jointly, my wife applied for an ITIN.  ITIN is for people who don't yet have a SS #. She received her ITIN and I filed my 2016 taxes. I received a refund because I filed married jointly as opposed to owing money if I had filed single or married filing separately.

After we were approved by USCIS, I paid the AOS and IV fees, as well as submitted the DS-260, all online. I recently submitted all the required documents to NVC. I had to wait a couple for my wife to get the police certificate since the agency issuing it needed proof that one was needed by NVC. The only concern with Haiti police certificates is that they expire in 3 months. My wife and I are now waiting to get case complete and then hopefully an interview.

In the meantime, I have photocopies of everything sent and will be visiting my wife next week for 2 weeks. I will also provide her copies of telephone logs, pictures we took together, etc.

I did not use an attorney since this is not a legal matter. The money saved from not consulting with an attorney will be used on this vacation and on other vacations after she is approved. I can read and follow directions just as well as an attorney. In fact, many attorneys have their assistants handling these cases.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Liberia
Timeline
47 minutes ago, Binna Binna said:

@bookman I am sorry to to see you got RFE, are you able to get better clarification on how to go about it? Unfortunately, I don't have any input for you on how to handle it. Perhaps, you could post this to other forums in VJ, maybe someone out there may have gone through similar RFE and would be able to provide you with info on how to manage this.

Remember, you are almost there and the sooner you send the documents requested in the RFE, the sooner you get your approval and on to the the next stage. Good luck!

Thank you Binna Binna, no prob. I got some information from another VJ forums.. my relatives who knows abt my birth re preparing two letter of Affidavit n also I ve appointment tomo to get my DNA test done ..while my mom will be call at the embassy to get hers done.. however, uscis requested that I send either the secondary evidence or the Affidavit why they await the DNA results.

Edited by bookman

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
52 minutes ago, jakelake said:

Maybe that is why I asked the question about the beneficiary doing all the work. If you are the beneficiary, then thy are you the one certifying his information? I can understand if you are certifying your own information but he should be certifying his own.

Why isn't your husband doing the I-864 himself and then signing it? These are things that he can fill out online and then print out and sign. Then he can make copies to give to you when he visits, in case they are asked for at the interview.

Your reasoning above is a clear indication as to why people live separate lives because they don't comingle together in all spheres of their lives.  Does it really matter who gets items certified.  I ask him for them and we go and do these things together.  As for the affidavit of support I am privy to all my husbands information and as such I am able to complete all documentation he can complete and vice versa. I don't see why you think one party should do one set of documents and the other party does the rest.  We operate as team and will continue to do so.  If he comes upon information he informs me and I do the same.  We see each other often and as such work together.  We have a set notarized in the US and also Jamaica because he travels quite often and at anytime he could be here and we need to sort out business so we are very proactive.

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
1 hour ago, jakelake said:

Edited by Longingfor

Visa - CR1

Service Center - Nebraska

PD - January 26, 2017

NOA1 - January 31, 2017

NOA2 - November 3, 2017

State Department - Sent November 7, 2017

NVC Received - November 9, 2017

Consular Interview - January 5, 2018

Port of Entry - Miami on January 19, 2018

ROC Mailed - December 14, 2019

ROC Rec'd - December 16, 2019

E-Notification - December 19, 2019

ROC sent to National Benefits Center (MSC receipt #)

Cheque cashed December 20, 2019

Ready to Schedule for interview - October 7, 2020

No ROC interview

New card is being produced - August 16, 2021
Card received - August 23, 2021

N400 -  Online

Filed - July 19, 2021
NOA - July 24, 2021

Biometrics - August 16, 2021
Interview - December 14, 2021

Approval - January 27, 2021

Oath Ceremony Notice Mailed - March 17, 2022

Oath Ceremony - March 30, 2022

Passport Book and Card in hand August 12th and 14th 2022.

My journey is finally over 🥰

Timeline

Hey Fellows, it's been strangely quiet here... did I miss something, where is everyone? 

I see VJ  current processing timelines (based on VJ member data) says NSC: December 26, 2016. So this makes me wonder how accurate are VJ data. I am certain that December 26, 2016 is a national public holiday in the US (Christmas day in lieu) so there is no way USCIS would have received any I-130 application on that day. So how accurate are they really and which VJ members actually entered Dec 26 as their NOA1?

Meanwhile any approvals from anyone/mobile apps etc this week so far?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline
27 minutes ago, Binna Binna said:

Hey Fellows, it's been strangely quiet here... did I miss something, where is everyone? 

I see VJ  current processing timelines (based on VJ member data) says NSC: December 26, 2016. So this makes me wonder how accurate are VJ data. I am certain that December 26, 2016 is a national public holiday in the US (Christmas day in lieu) so there is no way USCIS would have received any I-130 application on that day. So how accurate are they really and which VJ members actually entered Dec 26 as their NOA1?

Meanwhile any approvals from anyone/mobile apps etc this week so far?

I was wondering too why it's been so quiet here... VJ data is slightly off as there are still

many November filers waiting. PD nov 29

Marriage: Oct. 22, 2016

I-130 Sent : Nov. 22, 2016

NOA1: Nov. 29, 2016 - Nebraska Service Center

NOA2: Oct. 16, 2017 - 321 days

Sent to NVC: Oct. 24, 2017

NVC received: Oct. 30, 2017

Case # and IIN obtained: Nov. 3, 2017

AOS fee paid: Nov. 4, 2017

IV fee paid: Nov. 7, 2017

AOS & IV packet sent: Nov. 23, 2017

Scan date: Nov. 28, 2017

CC: Jan. 8, 2018

Interview date: Feb. 22, 2018

Visa Issued: Mar. 1, 2018 

POE: Mar. 10, 2018

ROC:

I-751 Sent: Dec. 30, 2019

I-751 Received: Jan. 2, 2020

Text Received - Case Accepted (MSC): Jan. 9, 2020

NOA / Extension Letter Received: Jan. 11, 2020

Biometrics Appointment: Feb. 5, 2020

Case Ready for Interview: Oct. 21, 2020

Interview date: Dec. 22, 2020 - Approved

GC Received: Dec. 31, 2020

N-400:

Form submitted online: Jan. 1, 2021

Biometrics Appointment: Aug. 19, 2021

N-400 Interview: Jan. 20, 2022

Oath Ceremony: TBD

Timeline
2 minutes ago, melusine10 said:

I was wondering too why it's been so quiet here... VJ data is slightly off as there are still

many November filers waiting. PD nov 29

I completely understand that VJ data is off compared to actual USCIS Reported Processing Times. VJ is using data entered by people like you and me updating their timelines etc... meaning some vj member updated their timeline that they have been approved and their PD is Dec 26 right? Therefore, I am not buying that anyone could have a PD of Dec 26 being a public holiday.... you get what I mean? I also searched the timeline here using the search filter tool limiting NOA1 dates between Dec 25 and 27 and none has approved I-130 with NOA1 of Dec 26. So where are they getting that data from?

Also that current processing timelines goes up and down... any idea why it does that?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.