956 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: India
Timeline
3 hours ago, mmichele said:

Hi all

My files were submitted in 2006 by my Mom. However, she does not recall if she had submitted form Affidavit of Support. My questions are:

1. Should I confirm with the NVC if the document was submitted back then?
    1. If not, should my Mom submit the form for each of the Applicant she's petitioned for (4 siblings total)?
  2. In addition, I for sure know she will not qualify due to her income/unemployment, so she will need a co-sponsor, my brother who lives in the same household.
  3. Should the brother submit the form now as well or should we wait until they my relatives goes for the interview?
  4. Also what is there a cutoff age that the Applicant's daughter/son not be allowed to travel together if the Applicant gets approved to immigrate?
    1. Ex: Daughter of my uncle was 8 when application was submitted, 13 years passed now she's 21 years old (un-married). If my uncle gets approve to immigrate, will the daughter be able to travel together as well? 

I appreciate your response in advance.

1. Your mom need to file for all 4 siblings individually.  You dont need to worry about support docyment. That comes in picture only when your PD becomes current. Just make sure all your files are approved by USICS

2. Again this comes when file becomes current,  any one can sponsor u , dont need to be your relative 

3. At the time your PD becomes current you need to upload all the docs including Affidavit of support 

4.I assume file is F4 , Daughter may able to travel. Its called CSPA. Google CSPA Calculator and punch in all your dates in there and you ou will have your answer 

F4 - India - PD - 23rd March 2003

- Received COA 14th May 2015

- Received Visa and reached to US in Feb 2016

Timeline
On 4/26/2019 at 5:25 PM, lesable20 said:

Hello All,

My brother interview is coming up and I would like to know what questions they ask at the consulate, So he can be prepared.

Best

In Visa journey there is separate section for interview experience 

Timeline
23 hours ago, 2006 F4 said:

How long does it take for the NVC to send the email once documents date has been reached?

NVC - I cannot reach anyone by phone How are people contacting them?

Thanks 

No fix timeline,  you just need yo wait for email ( make sure email id is updated in NVC records) or call NVC to get invoice number to login to site

Timeline
6 hours ago, Olive Garden said:

What table do we have to follow in visa bulletin...

1 is shown feb 2006

2 is showing oct 2006

which one is right?

2nd  is date when NVC start processing your case

1st is when you are eligible for visa interview if case completed

I wonder which country you are from n why you contacting USICS ?  Is you file not approved yet ?! Didnt you ever checked your file status for 13 years ?

10 minutes ago, pink_niru said:

2nd  is date when NVC start processing your case

1st is when you are eligible for visa interview if case completed

I wonder which country you are from n why you contacting USICS ?  Is you file not approved yet ?! Didnt you ever checked your file status for 13 years ?

From Pakistan and I’m contacting them cuz I want to next step since bulletin is showing current but haven’t received any email from them

Timeline
21 hours ago, Olive Garden said:

From Pakistan and I’m contacting them cuz I want to next step since bulletin is showing current but haven’t received any email from them

There is a gap. After you file a petition at USICS ,it gets approved within 6-7 years max n than file goes to NVC.

If your file was not even approved by USICS , it doesn't go to NVC n Visa bulletin doesn't matter.

If you had filed in say 2006 it should have been approved way back by 2012 ( N thats why USICS told you that you are out of normal processing period means you were not approved within normal timeline of 6-7 years). Say if now USICS approves it , it will take atleast more 6-8 months to complete all of your process !

Am I missing anything? Do you have your approval letter of your file from USICS ? 

Edited by pink_niru

23 minutes ago, pink_niru said:

There is a gap. After you file a petition at USICS ,it gets approved within 6-7 years max n than file goes to NVC.

If your file was not even approved by USICS , it doesn't go to NVC n Visa bulletin doesn't matter.

If you had filed in say 2006 it should have been approved way back by 2012 ( N thats why USICS told you that you are out of normal processing period means you were not approved within normal timeline of 6-7 years). Say if now USICS approves it , it will take atleast more 6-8 months to complete all of your process !

Am I missing anything? Do you have your approval letter of your file from USICS ? 

I was approved in August 2009

Timeline
2 hours ago, Olive Garden said:

I was approved in August 2009

Than Call NVC not USICS 

1 hour ago, Olive Garden said:

Just talked to them they said priority that is not current if u will see the date it is 1 oct so 2 oct will start from next month

1 hour ago, Olive Garden said:

month

Just talked to them they said u will receive it next month currently we r sending emails to those whose priority date is before 1 oct so u r not current cuz ur priority date is 2 oct. he said wait for next month and we will send u an email

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

F4 21st AUG 2006.

I got a message yesterday from NVC with the invoice I.D number for visa petition. and the benefeciary I.D number .but when I  want to access to CEAC I couldn't,maybe I should wait for more days to be activated.

3 hours ago, guess2014 said:

F4 21st AUG 2006.

I got a message yesterday from NVC with the invoice I.D number for visa petition. and the benefeciary I.D number .but when I  want to access to CEAC I couldn't,maybe I should wait for more days to be activated.

Hello and congrats for the wl my pd is 17 aug 2006  f4 rest of the world and i havnt receive any letter it depends on the country ur are from ? Or the center you choose when your petitioner applied ? do u have any info about that and thanks in advance 

On 2/2/2019 at 5:19 PM, Mutahir said:

Assuming that your niece was interviewed along with your sister, there is no need to worry about it.  Her age is locked when the your sister's case became current/interviewed.

CSPA is automatically calculated first by NVC and then by the Embassy.  Final judgement is made by CO though.  Only my sister received interview letter from the Islamabad Embassy but we advised her to take all her kids (over 21 years of age) and get the CSPA calculations done at the Embassy.  3 of her kids were able to get visa while the oldest didn't get it as she didn't qualify for CSPA. 

Good Luck!

My younger sister is under CSPA since April 4th 2017.

OMG so your CSPA age gets locked at the time of interview???  Please does anyone have a supporting article or document where I can look furter into this matter or send to my lawyer?  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.