Suss&Camm

Scandinavians Part 2

1,965 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
18 hours ago, JosephineAndBobby said:

Hi Reverie,

I´m sorry I wont be able to help ypu much, I just want to confirm you thoughts about wether there is such thing as a more "sufficient" birthcertificate and I dont think so?? I´m not too wondering the same, we just filled AOS a week ago (came here on K1 as well) and I also "just" have the baptism and birthcertificate with english danish, and I have never seen another type and I went a got a "new" one or the K1 so I don´t imagine they would have different ones og "longer" ones...but we´ll see in a few months.. also please keep us updated what you find out.  Also my husband is being my sponser and I´m wondering, giving his income only just being a bit over the required if that will be sufficient, since I have heard a few people now getting an RFE requesting joint sponser even if the sponser meets or even is above the requirements..
Again I don´t have any idea either why they say its "not from the petitioning sponsor".. Annoying they dont specify it more..

I´m sorry I am no help and I hope you figure it out, but know you are not the only one and the RFE you got wonders me too.
And I´m sorry to hear about your family, I know how hard it is not being able to go back and visit, and then especially when illness hits...

We've been talking back and forth with our lawyer and it seems that it may be due to the fact that the stamp on the copy of my birth cert. we sent was very faint. It seems that the government is getting more strict by the day, and the stamp/signature is a required piece. I really hope that's the case, it has been frustrating the hell out of me because the only other "real" official thing I have is the slip my parents received from the hospital a couple of days after I was born, and it only has my mother's name and nothing else, cause I wasn't named yet..

About the support. Our lawyer said that the requests have been way over the top recently, and we're getting caught in the hot topic at USCIS. My husband made way more than what is required, but we sent tax returns and W-2s from the past three years, and they may have looked at his old ones and seen that his income wasn't as much back then, so they may be afraid that his income is fluctuating (even though it has only increased over the years, isn't that a good thing??). We're both relatively young and my husband only graduated electrical school this year. I don't think we're going to add a sponsor because he makes way more than enough, so we're going to add a more detailed employment letter from his company stating his salary, how many hours he usually works a week, the nature of his job etc. Plus a good amount of pay stubs. So they can see that his income is steady and only increasing. 

If your husband makes a bit over the required amount, maybe now is a good time to try and sort out a joint sponsor or assets, just in case they're going to be as strict with you guys as they are with us. Maybe you won't even need it, but it's way better to be prepared. 

Thank you for responding, and best of luck to you and your husband too! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
19 hours ago, LilyJ said:

I don't think so but I'm not sure. My husband ordered his birth certificate on borger.dk and I don't think it gave a short form/long form option, just language options (so he ordered it with Danish & English text on one document)

Does the one you order from borger.dk have a signature and stamp? 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
On 9/12/2019 at 3:15 PM, Reverie said:

Does the one you order from borger.dk have a signature and stamp? 

We haven't received it yet, but I assume so; we will update when we get it but I would say go ahead and order yours anyways :) 

Our CR1 Journey:

USCIS Stage:

• Feb 14 2019: NOA1 (NSC)
  • July 31 2019: I129f NOA1
  • Sep 19 2019: I129f NOA2 (Denied - 50 days from NOA1)
  • Sep 19 2019: I130 NOA2 (Approved - 217 days from NOA1)

NVC Stage:

• Sep 27 2019: Sent to Department of State
  • Oct 31 2019: Case number received (34 days since sent)
  • Nov 1 2019: IV & AOS fees received & paid
  • Nov 14 2019: IV & AOS submitted
  • Dec 18 2019: All docs accepted, but one additional doc requested (5 weeks from submission)
  • Dec 18 2019: Requested doc submitted
  • Feb 19 2020: Documentarily Qualified (9 weeks from 2nd submission, 14 weeks from first submission)

Interview Stage:

• Mar 11 2020: Interview letter received
  • Apr 1 2020: Interview date
  • Mar 17 2020: Interview cancelled due to COVID-19
  • August 3 2020: Rescheduled letter received, new appointment August 25 2020
  • August 25 2020: Visa approved at interview! (558 days from NOA1)
  • September 10 2020: Embassy received passport in mail
  • September 15 2020: Passport with visa in hand

October 11 2020: Arrived in US!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
4 hours ago, Mazsive said:

What can I say. I'm also in Norway oslo. I'm also still waiting :)

It is sure frustrating. He is closer to Kristiansand. From what I understand it gets dropped at a post office and he has to pick it up. Correct?

28 minutes ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

It is sure frustrating. He is closer to Kristiansand. From what I understand it gets dropped at a post office and he has to pick it up. Correct?

I think a courier delivers it. Although I'm not quite sure. I don't really understand why it takes such a long time from Stockholm to Norway. 

I've waited 8 business days so far and they said it would take 1 week or more. 

Timeline
Just now, Mazsive said:

I think a courier delivers it. Although I'm not quite sure. I don't really understand why it takes such a long time from Stockholm to Norway. 

The last time a visa was issued to me (it was from the embassy in Oslo but I believe it might be sort of the same) they tried delivering it at my door but I wasn’t there at the moment so I picked it up at the nearest DHL point 🙂 it happened to be a local Narvesen so it wasn’t a big deal. Just had to sign for it. 

Still stuck here too by the way, haha. Awaiting my interview in two weeks! 

32 minutes ago, jules98 said:

The last time a visa was issued to me (it was from the embassy in Oslo but I believe it might be sort of the same) they tried delivering it at my door but I wasn’t there at the moment so I picked it up at the nearest DHL point 🙂 it happened to be a local Narvesen so it wasn’t a big deal. Just had to sign for it. 

Still stuck here too by the way, haha. Awaiting my interview in two weeks! 

I did what you're not suppose to do. Booked flight October 8 since it was only 2600 to texas.

I figured 5 weeks is allot of time for Visa to come. Cheeked if its correct etc. Seems I'm gonna regret my risky business now hahah 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline
30 minutes ago, Mazsive said:

It seems slow and crappy mail service is on the rise in Scandinavia. I have seen people complaining in Sweden, Denmark and bere in Norway. I don't know what's going on but makes ya wonder how US, UK etc. can send out things and receive it in a few days. When I sent off the I130 from here..it took like 8-9 days just to leave the country. 

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Mazsive said:

I did what you're not suppose to do. Booked flight October 8 since it was only 2600 to texas.

I figured 5 weeks is allot of time for Visa to come. Cheeked if its correct etc. Seems I'm gonna regret my risky business now hahah 

I’m 100% sure you’ll have it by then!! But I know it’s scary when the days fly by and you don’t have it in your hand yet. I’m waiting for the affidavit of support sent from Texas, it’s supposed to be here the Tuesday before my interview on a Monday.. I’m almost certain it won’t be here in time lol

10 minutes ago, nordictat2 said:

It seems slow and crappy mail service is on the rise in Scandinavia. I have seen people complaining in Sweden, Denmark and bere in Norway. I don't know what's going on but makes ya wonder how US, UK etc. can send out things and receive it in a few days. When I sent off the I130 from here..it took like 8-9 days just to leave the country. 

Its because postnord is one of the worst postal delivery service ever. Before when it was posten mail was very good. If dhl was carrying it out it would have been here already. 

Postnord is just so bad its embarrassing they are still having postal.

My fiancee sent me it Express and payed 40 dollars I think. I has it in the mail by dhl in 3 days or 4. It was super fast. 

6 minutes ago, jules98 said:

I’m 100% sure you’ll have it by then!! But I know it’s scary when the days fly by and you don’t have it in your hand yet. I’m waiting for the affidavit of support sent from Texas, it’s supposed to be here the Tuesday before my interview on a Monday.. I’m almost certain it won’t be here in time lol

Should have made sure DHL was delivering it haha. USA to me took couple of days 🤣

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.