U.S. passport: 03-30-2021 - 05-08-2021

En livstid i krig. Gรถteborg killed it. Epic:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBs3G1PvyfM&ab_channel=Sabaton

ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Norway
Timeline

Hey all,

ย 

My fiance was put on administrative processing and we turned in the paperwork that they requested today.ย  My question is, how long after it is turned in does it usually take to get an answer?ย  Also,ย  does the paperwork leave the embassy or do they do the administrative processing there?

ย 

ย 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline
5 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

Hey all,

ย 

My fiance was put on administrative processing and we turned in the paperwork that they requested today.ย  My question is, how long after it is turned in does it usually take to get an answer?ย  Also,ย  does the paperwork leave the embassy or do they do the administrative processing there?

ย 

ย 

I had my K-1 interview on August 22, the embassy only received the medical results on September 1. My visa was issued on September 6 and I had the visa in hand on September 7.ย 

ย 

So it took about 5 days from when they received the missing documents until the visa was issued.

ย 

The documents are likely not sent anywhere, the processing happens at the embassy.

K-1:ย 12-22-2015 - 09-07-2016

AP:ย 12-20-2016 - 04-07-2017

EAD:ย 01-18-2017 - 05-30-2017

AOS: 12-20-2016 - 07-26-2017

ROC: 04-22-2019 - 04-22-2020
Naturalization: 05-01-2020 - 03-16-2021

ย 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Scandi said:

I had my K-1 interview on August 22, the embassy only received the medical results on September 1. My visa was issued on September 6 and I had the visa in hand on September 7.ย 

ย 

So it took about 5 days from when they received the missing documents until the visa was issued.

ย 

The documents are likely not sent anywhere, the processing happens at the embassy.

Thank you so much!

Timeline

I donโ€™t know if this has been asked here before, but Iโ€™ll try. Does anyone know if the affidavit of support needs to be original for the interviewย at the embassy in Stockholm, or will a copy of it work just as fine?ย 

Timeline
4 hours ago, jules98 said:

I donโ€™t know if this has been asked here before, but Iโ€™ll try. Does anyone know if the affidavit of support needs to be original for the interviewย at the embassy in Stockholm, or will a copy of it work just as fine?ย 

Not sure if it's a requirement or not, but considering they want to see original or certified copies of divorce decrees etc My Guess would be that they want a wet signature on the i-134 as well. Not worth taking a chance on, have your fiancรฉ mail the original to you.

ย 

Timeline

Hello! [k-1 visa extension question]ย 
I've emailed the Stockholm embassy asking for an extension on our approval notice which expires in 24 days. In return they'd like proofs of long term relationship over the past year and 3 "affidavits sworn to or affirmed by third parties having personal knowledge of the bona fide of your relationship". Asking three people in our lives this isnt a problem and we intend to ask a friend, one of my coworkers, my mom, and maybe one of his coworkers for good measure.ย 

We havent had a trip this year, since I came back from visiting Norway for 3 months from October 2018 - January 2019, and we talk using the app Telegram instead of texting or calling(it uses tickets, photos, and phone bills as examples for information). How much information, like chat logs should I piece together to prove we intend to keep going forward with this process? What kind of format should we use for the letter?ย 

ย 

And most importantly, will they accept this information via email, or do I need to express mail these documents to the Stockholm embassy? If anyone knows any of these, I'd really appreciate it!ย 

ย 

We intend to move forward with this process, but life got a little hectic(moving, some medical stuff, new job and projects)ย after we got our NOA2.ย 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline

Hello fellow Scandinavians.

ย 

I just wanted to ask about scheduling the medical appointment.

ย 

I haven't gotten my case number yet, but NVC is currently working on cases they received 9th of august as of Tuesday, and they received ours the 13th of august. Furthermore we are currently waiting answer on expedite request.

For Danish people, our medical must be done in Copenhagen, and I am going there anyway late September, I was thinking I might as well get it done while im there.

ย 

Does anybody have any experience scheduling their medical before they have their NVC case number?ย 

Timeline
4 hours ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

Hello fellow Scandinavians.

ย 

I just wanted to ask about scheduling the medical appointment.

ย 

I haven't gotten my case number yet, but NVC is currently working on cases they received 9th of august as of Tuesday, and they received ours the 13th of august. Furthermore we are currently waiting answer on expedite request.

For Danish people, our medical must be done in Copenhagen, and I am going there anyway late September, I was thinking I might as well get it done while im there.

ย 

Does anybody have any experience scheduling their medical before they have their NVC case number?ย 

I did my medical in Sweden, but I scheduled the appointment before having the case number. I needed the number for the actual appointment, but not for scheduling it.ย 

ย 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Denmark
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Scandi said:

I did my medical in Sweden, but I scheduled the appointment before having the case number. I needed the number for the actual appointment, but not for scheduling it.ย 

So did they actually ask for your case number when you arrived at the medical office?ย 

ย 

When I made the appointment today, she did not mention anything about me needing the case number.

And I also told her that I do not have it currently, and all she said was as long as the medical is before the interview at least. Maybe it's different from country to country ?

ย 

And thank you for your response.

Edited by AlexDRavn92

Timeline
4 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

So did they actually ask for your case number when you arrived at the medical office?ย 

ย 

When I made the appointment today, she did not mention anything about me needing the case number.

And I also told her that I do not have it currently, and all she said was as long as the medical is before the interview at least. Maybe it's different from country to country ?

ย 

They never asked for mine. I did the medical right after we got our NOA2.ย 

Timeline
50 minutes ago, AlexDRavn92 said:

ย 

ย 

Yes the clinic in Gรถteborg writes down your case number on the medical report. So in Gรถteborg It's definitivt needed, I'm also assuming that the embassy identifies the medical report with your case once they receive it, by using that number.

ย 

Timeline

Hey all,

ย 

So my fiance was put into administrative processing after his interview. The embassy was going to keep his passport but he ended up getting itย  back because the airline was being a pain, wanting it for him to fly back to Norway. We got all the documents and over nighted the documents and the passport back to the embassy. Somewhere from the courier pickup to the embassy, the delivery company lost his passport. He ordered a new passport and sent it off.ย  we still are not even sure if he has been approved or not :( After a little detail, I have a couple questions:

ย 

1. On the I129F, it says it is valid until 9/12/19, which is in 7 days. Will the embassy contact us to extend that if needed?

ย 

2. I was looking at ceac for updates and it went from "immigrant visa application" with a case created date for a date in June. Now it has changed to "nonimmigrant visa application" and the creation date changed. Does anyone know why this is?

ย 

3. When everything is approved after AP will the embassy contact us that they are sending the packet?

ย 

Thanks all!

ย 

Diane

Timeline
12 hours ago, KurtandDiane12 said:

Hey all,

ย 

So my fiance was put into administrative processing after his interview. The embassy was going to keep his passport but he ended up getting itย  back because the airline was being a pain, wanting it for him to fly back to Norway. We got all the documents and over nighted the documents and the passport back to the embassy. Somewhere from the courier pickup to the embassy, the delivery company lost his passport. He ordered a new passport and sent it off.ย  we still are not even sure if he has been approved or not :( After a little detail, I have a couple questions:

ย 

1. On the I129F, it says it is valid until 9/12/19, which is in 7 days. Will the embassy contact us to extend that if needed?

ย 

2. I was looking at ceac for updates and it went from "immigrant visa application" with a case created date for a date in June. Now it has changed to "nonimmigrant visa application" and the creation date changed. Does anyone know why this is?

ย 

3. When everything is approved after AP will the embassy contact us that they are sending the packet?

ย 

Thanks all!

ย 

Diane

Nevermind we just got the notification that his visa has been issued!!! ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Sweden
Timeline

My husband and I got married a couple of days ago so now I'm wondering, how did you guys get the marriage registered in Sweden, and how do you handle the name change? If I manage to change my name from here, my passport will be invalid, so I'd need to get a new one, correct?

ย 
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.